Chapter 44 I sparred with Rumi but Im an advocate of gender equality
2.3k 4 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N: So although some of you guys dont mind the title change, the majority of you think it's better if I change it to 'Vector Control in the Multiverse' so I will next chapter release, prepare yourself.

Also some of you are saying to remove 'multiverse' from the title because I havent even touched on the subject of multiversal travel, I was just wanna say dont worry MC will be able to travel the multiverse. But I wanna go through the whole MHA story first (or at least, what we have right now).

So yeah, that's it. If you have any questions, comment it, let me know, I'll let you guys get back to the chapter...

-----

So yeah, anyway, we left the room and went out to eat breakfast completely ignoring the absolute mess we made in there.

No, I mean, it looked like a bomb went off in there. I don’t even know how that much junk got in there in the first place, it’s like we had to move more things in to get that amount. Jesus Christ.

Anyways, I decided to show off a bit and made a luxurious breakfast using my full abilities.

Rumi- “How did you make this!? It’s almost as good as Uncle Roger!”

*Sigh* I knew it. I still have a long way to go to reach Uncle Roger’s level…

(A/N: Uncle Roger even more OP than [Vector Manipulation]…)

I don’t think much about it though as we both continue to stuff our faces. Once we finish, we just sit there in silence, savouring the feast.

Arata- “So… what are we?”

Rumi- “Hmm?”

Arata- “I mean, I love you, right? And you also love me too, right? So… what happens after that?”

Rumi- “… I don’t know. Never bothered thinking about this stuff.”

Arata- “… So we’re dating?”

Rumi- “… Yeah… We’re dating.”

Huh. Sweet. That was a lot simpler than I thought. If that’s the case…

Arata- “I think I should tell you something.”

I think it’s about time I tell her about myself. My past and my abilities, to be exact.

So I did.

I started by talking about my reincarnation and who I used to be before my death. When I got to the part where Dio drove a truck into my room on the second floor, she thought that I was just trying to pull her leg. But then…

???- “*whispering* Wryyyyyyyy…”

Normal people wouldn’t have heard that but because of our hypersensitive perception, we did. Rumi immediately believed me. Of course, both of us vowed not to talk about it.

Then when I got to the part where I talked about my abilities…

[You have an ominous feeling.]

Huh? Why?

Rumi- “Arata… Are you telling me you held back during our fights?”

Oh shit. I fucked up. Damn, with such high INT and WIS, I sure am a fucking idiot.

(A/N: And dense as fuck too but whatever…)

Arata- “Ah, about that… Well… I wasn’t able to use my full power at the time…”

Rumi- “No, now that I think about it, it’s weird. During our spars, it always felt like whenever you were about to win, you just backed off. Were you playing with me!?”

Ah, no actually. It’s just that those times, to win, I had to touch parts that people, women especially, would find sensitive or private. And before I could get any further my virgin instincts always took control and forced me to back off. But…

Arata- “…”

IT’S NOT LIKE I CAN SAY THAT!

*boom!*

Immediately she launches at me. I instinctively duck as she flies over me but before anything else happens, she launches off the wall behind me straight towards me again.

I can't dodge normally. The first jump caught me off guard, and now my stance is broken. It looks like I can only…

[Vector Manipulation]

*woosh!*

I control my body to just barely dodge her flying kick as she brushes past me. She lands on the ground before looking at me with eyes that could kill.

Rumi- “I knew it! You were holding back!”

Arata- “Well I wasn’t exactly holding back before-“

Rumi- “No excuses! Come at me!”

And so she jumps at me again. Do keep in mind I'm barely keeping up with her even with my 140 DEX stat. Everywhere she lands, on the floor, walls or ceiling, she leaves a deep crack. The whole apartment is gonna collapse at this rate!

<Rumi Usagiyama LV 239>

Level 239!? That explains things. Just how strong did she get!?

She kept jumping at me again and again. She quickly started getting used to my sudden movements and before long, half the time she ended up actually hitting me. Granted, those ‘hits’ just graze me, but they’re enough to break through the floor. Of course, I can't just redirect the damage into the floor them, so I just reflect them back into Rumi.

She only attacks with her legs and rarely uses her arms because her legs are just that much stronger. Because of this, I'm don’t think that reflecting the damage will hurt her. I remember her legs should be able to absorb a fuck ton of shock force, and this fight just confirmed it.

We ended up doing this for an hour. Yes, a whole hour. Halfway through, however, Rumi completely forgot about her anger towards me and started smiling.

When I saw that, I smiled too. Well, this is just one of the parts I fell in love for after all. She’s not one to hold a grudge and a good fight can get her into a happy mood for the rest of the day.

She’s my little battle maniac after all.

(A/N: She’s older and bigger than you, what part of her is ‘little’?)

Since that point, I started fighting back too. I couldn’t use [Vector Manipulation] to its full potential because I don’t want to absolutely obliterate the while building, but I could still easily use it to boost my physical capabilities.

Combined with [Unarmed Mastery], I easily keep up with her.

And no, I didn’t pull my punches. If I did, she will most likely have gotten angry again. Also, I'm an advocate of gender equality. So yeah, we stop sparring about an hour later.

Rumi- “That was a good fight! Let’s go again!”

She looks like she’s glowing. It seems she’s happy. Meanwhile, I'm looking at my half depleted MP bar.

Rumi is scary.

Most of her attacks only slightly grazed me and only a few of them actually got a solid hit on me. I ended up using [Vector Manipulation] to redirect or just directly reflect the damage, which takes MP.

Even so, my MP bar is half empty. Bear in mind, even if I get shot at for a whole week without pause by a whole legion of soldiers, my MP bar won't even budge. That’s because my WIS stat is a fucking monster. I can regenerate as much MP as what gets taken away.

Even so, Rumi was able to surpass my natural regeneration and slowly whittle me down to half MP.

(A/N: That moment you use MP as a damage indicator instead of HP.)

Look, it’s already completely back to full. And I've only been monologuing for a few seconds.

The edges of my lips twitch while looking around the apartment.

It doesn’t look any different from my room…

Arata- “So… do you have a place we can stay tonight?”

Rumi just seems to have noticed the state of the apartment.

Rumi- “Oh, it should be fine. I don’t have much stuff anyway.”

I know you don’t have much stuff, but… What do we say to the owners…

69