Chapter 47 a catfight nearly breaks out but doesn’t, and then a sweet moment
2.2k 3 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am shaking in my suit right now, the air around me is suffocating. If I didn’t know any better I would think those two girls in front of me are serial killers with thousands of kills on their hands.

I would’ve run away if I didn’t have [Gamer’s Mind], but even so, I decided it would be best for my health to not do anything and just stand to the side.

Rumi and Nejire are staring at each other, one with a pair of red eyes, the other with a pair of blue eyes. This went on for almost a whole minute, and for some reason, I have the feeling that they’re having some sort of silent conversation. I would’ve believed they were, if not for the fact that I [Observed] both of them and confirmed they don’t have a telepathy skill.

Then, without any warning, the deadly atmosphere disappeared altogether, without a trace. Rumi and Nejire both smile like they came to some sort of agreement and then… started talking like they are old friends.

What the fuck just happened.

Rumi- “Nice killing intent! What class are you in?

Nejire- “U.A highschool class 3A. Hey hey, I've been wondering about this for a while, but are those ears real?”

Rumi- “Hmm? Oh, yeah they’re real. It’s part of my quirk.”

Nejire- “How cool! So if you’re Arata’s drafted pro hero he’s interning under, don’t you have a bet?”

Rumi- “Yeah, it was about…”

And so they just continue talking and laughing every now and again, and I'm just standing off to the side like that Mike Wazowski meme.

Rumi- “Right. Arata, how many villains did you take down?”

Arata- “Oh, I took down tw-

Nejire- “Ne ne, about that. You see, Arata was hanging out with me all this time. Shouldn’t you redo the bet at a later date?”

Arata- “Ah, you see-“

Rumi- “No can do, a bet is a bet. No going back on your words.”

Arata- “I'm not, I'm-“

Nejire- “But that isn’t exactly fair either, is it? If anything I'm the one who should take the blame.”

Holy shit, what happened to my presence!? Why can't I get a word in!? Meanwhile, that deadly aura is coming back again, and it’s getting stronger over time. What is going on

Arata- “Both of you!”

Rumi/Nejire- “What!?”

Why am I getting yelled at!?

Arata- “I've been trying to say… I already won the bet.”

Nejire just looks at me with a confused face. Rumi seems less surprised, but also confused.

Rumi- “But didn’t Hado-chan just say you were hanging out with each other all day?”

Chan? You’re already on that level of friendship?

Arata- “About that…”

I just pull out my phone and show them the latest news report.

‘Mysterious vigilante “Iron Man” deals with 10 villains in 4 hours! Police are looking for the pilot.’

Ha, suckers. There was no pilot, only an AI.

Both Rumi and Nejire immediately come to an understanding. Nejire becomes happy for me and starts cheering like she’s the person that won, meanwhile Rumi is looking at me with an ‘of course you did’ face.

I mean, I ran around and had fun while the Iron Man armour did all the hard work. Rumi definitely isn’t going to be too happy.

Rumi- “*Sigh* Fine, I can accept it. You can go your own way and deal with villains yourself when you’re with me. But I win the bet, got it?”

Arata- “Hmm? S-sure…”

‘Win the bet’… Wasn’t the bet about letting me do my own thing?

Nejire- “You just want to order Arata around.”

… I'm sorry. what?

Arata- “… Can someone explain?”

Rumi- “Hmm? Wasn’t that our bet? Whoever wins gets to have the other do what they want.”

Arata- “I just thought it was for the internship.”

Rumi- “Yes, for the internship. Which means for the rest of the week, you have to listen to what I say.”

What? When did I make a bet like that? I was sure it was-

Wait… I think I remember now. I think it was…

*Flashback no Jutsu*

I'm looking at the vending machine holding the drinks. Specifically, I'm looking at the section that holds all the coffee cans. Which one do I pick… One of them is sweet, but the other one has a bitter taste that’s slightly addicting. Hmm, truly the hardest decision of mankind…

Meanwhile, Rumi walks up to me and talks to me about… something. I'm busy dealing with something that uses my complete brainpower, I can't afford to pay attention.

Rumi- “… change… bet… from… to… What do you think?”

Arata- “Mmm. Sounds good…”

I respond on habit, but I'm still concentrating. Rumi seems happy so I guess it’s ok…

*Flashback no Jutsu end*

Ah, I think it was from back then… Sneaky woman! She knew I wouldn’t pay attention during my coffee selection, she did that on purpose. For the record, I ended up just buying all of them.

I stare at her hatefully, but she just sticks out her tongue playfully and shrugs.

This girl… *Sigh* I just can't hate her… I’ll make sure to pay her back.

Arata- “Fine, whatever…”

I relent and Rumi celebrates. Nejire walks up to me and apologises. She seems to have thought that the bet is something that Rumi and I made for fun from how I explained it to her, but during her talk with Rumi, she realised what’s going to happen if I lost, which is why she was arguing with Rumi about whether the bet should count or not. But since I accepted it…

*Pat*

I pat her head.

Arata- “It’s fine. Rumi and I grew up together, I'm sure it’ll be fine.”

Well, even I don’t believe that, but Nejire seems to be feeling better about it. A few minutes later, it’s getting late and Nejire has to get back. She’s been gone for a few hours by now, after all.

[Sixth Sense] picked up her sadness, so…

Arata- “Nejire.”

I throw her something I kept in the inventory that I made for her. She catches it and looks at it before a flood of happiness comes off her. It’s probably the most I've ever sensed off her.

Nejire- “See you later Arata-kun!”

She waves at me. I wave back. Rumi calls me before leading the way to our new apartment and I follow immediately after, but I just happen to catch a whisper coming from Nejire.

Nejire- “He… called me by my first name…”

I look back to find her smiling with the sunset shining behind her and the wind flowing with her hair while looking down at her present. In her hands is a hairpin with a beautiful lily, specifically crafted to look and feel like a proper lily while being incredibly resilient.

I smile warmly at that scene and quietly take a picture.

Even if I didn’t, I'm sure I wouldn’t have forgotten that scene any time soon.

 

A/N: And there you have it, chapter is done. Hope you enjoyed!

MC: Don't worry I did.

AN: Good to see- WHAT!? HOW DID YOU GET IN HERE!?

MC: Don't worry about it. Next chapter we're having an 18+ with Rumi, so look forward to it! I sure am!

AN: DON'T IGNORE ME!

If I missed anything, let me know.

60