Chapter 52 Cliffhanger
2k 17 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Internships are over, it’s now time for everyone to get back to school.

Eijiro/Hanta: “Bwahahaha! Really? Seriously, Bakugo-kun!?”

Katsuki- “Stop laughing! It’s stuck like this even after a good washing!”

Katsuki came back with a clean hairstyle after his internship with the pro hero Best Jeanist. To be honest, even though it looks nice… it just doesn’t fit…

Katsuki- “What did you say bastards!?”

*Boof!*

Oh, it went back.

Meanwhile, everyone was talking about their internship and what it did for them. And honestly, it seems to be effective. All their levels have risen a bit. Well, except Minoru. Who know’s what he went through…

I noticed Momo and got curious. Her internship landed her with a hero that’s more like a celebrity. And according to the series, she ended up shooting a commercial with said hero too. So I suddenly felt like watching it.

So, discreetly using my neuro linker, I searched for the commercial. But unfortunately, nothing came up. Then I realised that it’s only been a few days since the shooting and it probably wouldn’t be out yet. So then I tracked where Momo shot the commercial at and hacked into their servers.

Momo commercial get. I ended up saving it.

Meanwhile, everyone else was talking about Tenya, Izuku, and Shoto’s encounter with the Hero Killer Stain. They’re all pretty concerned about it.

I, on the other hand, just scoffed. There’s no way they could come to any harm with me there. Granted, I wasn’t actually there during the fight and only arrived afterwards, but I was cheering them on.

I really was! I used [Parallel Processing] to have a thought room cheer them on.

Classes began and we dressed up into our hero costumes and went to Field Gamma, a training area designed to simulate an industrial zone, where we met All Might.

All Might then said we’re going to race for today’s training. He’s going to send a signal from somewhere inside and the chosen students have to race to arrive there first.

Izuku did a lot better and just barely got second. He would’ve gotten first if he was more used to his new way of movement. In canon, he got last place as he slipped and fell due to his unstable footing. But this time he didn’t have to consciously regulate [One for All] at 5% so he was able to concentrate more on his movements.

Unfortunately, I didn’t have a go. I think people are slightly catching on to my OPness and are trying to let other people have a chance.

Noobs.

Everyone else had a go, nothing exciting happened. At least until we went back to the locker rooms. As we were changing out of our costumes… (Now that I think about it, why did I have to wear this today? I did nothing.)

Minoru- “Hey guys! I just made the discovery of a century here!”

Minoru is calling everyone over.

Minoru- “Look at this peephole! It must've been from our predecessors! And next door is… you know, the girl's locker room!”

… That’s actually amazing. But…

Arata- “Didn’t you just ruin it though?”

Minoru- “Ruin what?”

Arata- “Did you forget since all your blood rushed to a lower area? Who’s on the other side that just so happens to have the ability to hear through walls? Not only that but you practically yelled out your discovery. If you wanted to keep it hidden you should’ve used signals of some kind.”

Minoru- “…”

Everyone else- “…”

And just like that, Momo filled the peephole up with her creation quirk and Minoru become depressed for the rest of the day. I mean seriously, we could’ve all shared in this paradise but he just had to ruin it. Screaming it out is like taking off your pants to fart, an unnecessary action.

Back in class, we got told about the training camps and that we have to score well in the final exams if we want to attend.

Well, sucks to be them, I have university-level knowledge on all subjects. Furthermore, my mechanics, computer science, biology and everything in between is something I can confidently say I am the best in the world at.

A month later, only a week left until final exams…

Denki/Mina- “I didn’t study at all!”

Well, they’re both fucked. The difference is that Mina doesn’t seem to give a shit. That’s some fucking strong mentality…

Momo- “You two, if it’s academics you need help with, I could lend a hand…”

Kyoka- “Although I'm not as bad off, do you mind helping me out too? Quadratic functions are kind of tripping me up…”

(A/N: Bitch me too. In fact, wtf are quadratic functions…)

Hanta- “Help me out too!”

Mashirao- “Me too…?”

Momo, not expecting all the attention, became excited. She leapt out of her seat and started making plans on her own.

Momo- “In that case, I must ask Mother to open up the hall. Before that, what type of tea are you all partial to? Of course, you don’t have to worry, I'll help you study to the best of my abilities!”

Meanwhile, everyone is thinking ‘Hall? Tea? She’s basically slapping us in the face with her ojou-sama upbringing, but she’s so enthusiastic I don’t even care…’

She then looked over to me.

Momo- “A-Arata-san… would you like to join as well?”

Now, this is surprising. I never expected her to invite me… yeah right I totally expected it. In fact, I planned it!

*Evil laughter*

All jokes aside, my virgin instincts have stopped me from making any progress with her, but now that I've cast aside my v-card, I should be able to interact with her fine…

Probably.

I've purposely scored only average marks on my tests so I can have an excuse to go to Momo’s study group.

What’s this? Isn't it suspicious that me, a genius, is only doing average on a highschool test? Most likely yes.

Is my insane luck going to work? Again, most likely yes.

Besides, the subjects Ive only done average with are things unrelated to my genius-level invention skills, such as language and history. I always hated history…

Arata- “Yes.”

And I got in.

Later, it’s lunchtime. I'm sitting with Izuku and the gang again because why the fuck not. Shoto, Toru and Tsuyu are also here, surprisingly.

We’re having our meal, everyone is talking about what the practical exam will be before I look at Toru. I see a floating bowl of ramen in front of her body. I mean, she’s holding it up but… it’s kinda surreal.

Then, I have an epiphany. I take out a pair of glasses from my inventory and put them on. Specifically, they’re the glasses I made that lets the wearer see Toru without her invisibility. I'm working on making an accessory that can suppress her quirk, but that’s still a work in progress.

I mean, I can go it myself with [Vector Manipulation], but I can't constantly be by her side. It’s a lot harder to fine-tune light bending technology than you might think.

The moment I look at Toru, however…

*PFFT!*
I spit out my food and make a mess of my area.

Izuku- “Mmm? What’s this?”

Izuku was concerned about me but got distracted by the glasses that flew off my face into his direction. He picks them up and puts them on.

*PFFT!*

He also spits out his food.

Both of us are so shocked, we couldn’t help but spit out of food. Even me, with my near-perfect control over my physical body, courtesy of [Self Reprogramming], spit out my food, let alone Izuku.

Ochako- “What’s wrong you two!?”

I’ll tell you what’s wrong.

Toru…

SHE LOOKS JUST LIKE ME!

-----

A/N: Toru looks exactly like MC? Why? Find out next chapter!

MC: I see you have finally understood the Dao of Cliffhanger…

AN: Indeed… I have sacrificed much to obtain this power… to finally face you…

*Unsheathes katana*

MC: Ho? Is that so? But even if you have this power, you still can't win…

AN: We’ll see…

*Lightning in the background*

.

.

.

AN: NARUTOOO!!

MC: SASUKEEEE!!

*BOOM!*

57