The Squad Captain’s Arrival- II
180 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

All of sudden,
“Oh! Hello…. Everyone!”, a soft voice interrupted in between as she breathed heavily, “Sorry, huh… I am a … a bit late!”
Said the female soldier as she tried to catch her breath. It looked as if she ran a marathon as she panted heavily.

She looked in her 30’s and her uniform was soggy with sweat. Her ponytail hash-brown hair was a mess. She looked kinda average and lacked in the department of the chest area.
She looked like a plain single woman in her 30’s still in search of her true love.

I hope she doesn’t drag us down.

“A bit late? Excuse me!”, shrieked out William in response, “You are an hour and 21 minutes late on your first meet up, with your new comrades. I demand a good reason for your tardiness!”

“Calm down, William!”, said Bruno as he grabbed Williams' arms.
I hope he doesn’t attack our squad captain on our first day. I don’t wanna get kicked out before we could even become a guardsman soldier.

The female soldier scratched her head and replied with a smile,
“Oh, my bad! I was obstructed with a scuffle down the market. It seemed the shop vendor was tricking people and selling adulterated goods. I managed to confront him and get arrested. That’s why…”

“You could have just informed the other officials! That’s no reason to make your subordinates wait!”, ranted out William as he fixed his glasses.

“I am sorry!”, said the woman as she bowed apologetically.

“Be careful from next time onwards.”, said William after he calmed down a bit.

“Thank you!”, said the woman.

Wait, isn’t this the opposite?
Now I can’t tell which was the grown-up here. She was a big klutzy person. This gonna be one heck of squad for sure.

The woman than straightened her back and stood firm.
“My name Arnia Gospel and from now on I will be your squad captain. We shall work hard and maintain peace and tranquility in the town of Stathford and its citizens. I am a little klutzy sometimes but you can depend on me."

She raised her fists in the air as soon as she was done with her introduction,
"Let's do our best!", she added.

“Fight on!”, Bruno raised his fist as well.

I am gonna pass on this team bonding moment. Please spare me.

She looked like a modest person, but she’s pretty ditzy and also possess a sense of justice that doesn't go hand on hand. I don’t think she’s a subordinate of Bruno like Thalia and William.

All of sudden, Arina seemed pretty pumped up,
“Why don’t we have some food? It’s my treat as an apology and also as a celebration for our new team.”

“Yes! I am starving! Let's go!”, replied Bruno enthusiastically as his eyes gleamed in joy.
Is he really the heir to the Marshfield house?

We accepted Arina’s proposal.
She took us to the pub nearby the town. It was a local tavern near the main road where many travelers and merchants stop by. It had decent food although, they lacked in the department of hygiene.

“Let’s grab a seat!”, Captain Arina rushed into the pub to grab a table.
Was she some little kid? Now we got two kids in the squad, talking about the other kid. It seemed Bruno was a little hesitant to enter.

He seemed to be staring at a pile of horse poop. It was a regular practice to park the horses outside the tavern. Where they fed the horse and let them rest.
They also pooped out in the same place, which was normal.

“Oi, you coming or what?”, I asked him.

“But-but what’s this thing doing outside here?”, Bruno asked me as he pointed at a pile of horse shit.

He was pampered a lot by his family. How come he was undertaking this covert mission?
If he has problems with horse crap, then I think his cover as a commoner will soon blow up.

“That’s for attracting customers!”, I said sarcastically, “You guys coming or what?”
Bruno’s face turned pale.

Than William jumped in,
“How dare you invite master in such filthy rathole! He could never enter such a place, let alone eating their food!”, he said out loud.

All of a sudden the crowd started to stare at us.
“Whose that? What's his problem?”
“Seems pessimistic rookie, whys he acting so haughty?”
“Is something wrong with that tavern, I wonder.”
And many more such comments started to flood in the crowd.

If this continues, people would realize they were not commoners.

At this point, I don’t even care. They could go and get themselves killed for all I care. This was a failed squad, to begin with.

“Calm down William! It’s alright, I have no problem entering this tavern.”, said Bruno in panic.

“Zip it, William! Can’t you just shut up and not go ranting for a change? You attracting attention, yet again!”, added Thalia in an aggressive but on a low tone.

Not this drama again, I was getting sick of this-
*SLAM*

All of a sudden the tavern door opened loudly and a humongous man came out and stood in front of us.
He had a bald head and bushy beard with a plumpy belly. He wore an apron that had a lot of stains and held a butchering knife in a hand. I guess he was the tavern’s owner.
“You lousy pricks, how dare you insult my baby!”, he said angrily with a loud tone.

2