The Squad Captain’s Arrival- III
180 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You lousy pricks, how dare you insult my baby!”, he said angrily with a loud tone.

I stepped away from him, his scream almost tore my eardrums for a second.

William and Thalia seem calm and composed and didn’t even bat an eye. Any other person would have shat in their pants at how intimidating the tavern owner looked like.

William fixed his glasses and had to tilt his head upwards to look the tavern owner in the eye.
“Excuse me what baby are you talking about?”, he asked in a composed tone.

“My baby!” said tavern owner as he waved his arm at the tavern, “This is my baby! you are open insulting it that means you are insulting ME!”

William answered in a composed tone,
“So that rat hole is your place. I see. I had already envisioned that some brute ugly man could be such tavern's owner and it turned out to be true. I can't do anything about your face but at least I can give you some hygiene tips for your restaurant-”

But all of a sudden the bald owner swung his butcher knife with sheer force. 
William with his reflex easily dodged it, nothing less could be expected from a veteran soldier.

The blow missed William with a hairs margin and hit the ground making a crack.
"The heck!" shrieked out the Tavern owner.

If a man had taken that blow head-on then he surely would have cut him in half for sure.

Williams expression changed all of a sudden,
“Release restrains GL403,” he said with a cold demeanor.

Wait for a second...
As soon as William said those words, there was a faint glow underneath the shirt’s sleeve.
My hunch came true, after all.

Fuck if William attacks him now then that tavern owner will surely end up dead for sure.

He clenched his fist to attack the tavern owner.
This all was happening in a split second.

I looked around me and saw a dismantled horse saddle lying just one arm away. So I picked it and rushed over to the scene threw myself between them.
By the time I got there, William had already thrown his punch and I used the horse saddle as a shield to protect the owner.
I tried to block his punch but it was too powerful.

A shockwave went through my body and my arms went numb. I managed to block the punch but I was sent flying before crashing in a big haystack that was just happened to be nearby.
I was really lucky this time otherwise I would have bruised up pretty badly. I quickly got out of the haystack and the first thing I checked was my arms. My arms were still numb and but nothing serious. I was still holding on to that saddle.

“What in the hell are you doing! Why are you protecting that scumbag?” asked Willia

"You jerk! Don't go swinging around punches like that!" I shrieked back at him.

"You are not the boss of me." replied back William.

“William! You shouldn't be attacking civilians like that” said Bruno.

“But he was-” *thwack* William was about to complain; Thalia hit him from behind on his head.

“Shut up! If you speak another word you will be the one dying.”

While all the commotion was going on the bald owner who was lying on the ground started to get up on his feet as he was scratching his head in shock. I guess the moment I was sent flying that I might have crashed with the owner before falling in the haystack. 

That bastard William! He had an enchanted gauntlet in his possession. 
Well, it's not surprising because he did say he was an ex-veteran soldier and the current bodyguard in the noble family of Marshfield.

I glanced at the horse saddle that I still held tightly in my hands.
“That was a close call,” I said to myself.

There was now a hole in the seat of the horse saddle.

William was out of his mind. If he did had killed the tavern, we would be in a knee-deep shit of trouble. Those three would have no problem talking out of this problem being from a noble family but things would be different for me. I was trying to keep a low profile but this would have surely attracted unnecessary attention. If the word gets out that the son of the traitor hero lives in this town, it would be a big problem.

“What the heck was that!”, as the owner got up on his legs, all puzzled.

Just when Captain Arina came out of the tavern and rushed to the scene. She stood in front of the owner and bowed her head.

The owner was little perplexed,
“Who are you?!” he asked as he glanced at her for a second.

She bowed her head deeply,
“I am really sorry for my juniors! Please forgive them, this one time!”, she pleaded.
She looked pretty scared but still had enough courage to take a stand for us.

The owner was startled and his face was bit flushed.
He ogled at our captain in a very disgusting creep.
But after the owner took a closer look at our Captain he let out a disappointed tone,
“Tch”, he replied arrogantly "I need a good compensation for this."

This world was full of scums like him. I should have let William send his sorry ass back to the grave.

While amidst the conversation Thalia joins in,
“I am really sorry mister!”, she bowed deeply to the tavern.

The owner instantly was charmed by her, on the spur of the moment. He was ogling at Thalia's bosom like some kid staring at a candy shop.
That girl knows how to use her assets pretty well, she’s one scary girl.

Thalia continued to play along acting all cute,
“You seem like a pretty kind and handsome guy!" she said that (like seriously?), "You’ll excuse my stupid colleague's blunder, won’t you?”, she asked with her feminine voice as she made a really cute expression.

Wait, was she the same girl as before?

“Oh well, it's okay! I forgive him. You are more than welcome to my pub!" the owner tone took a sudden 360-degree turn,  "Just keep that boy’s mouth in check from now on. It's also my fault for acting like so as an apology the meals are on the house! Come in!”, he said in a blushing manner and then he went in his tavern and welcomed us. 
I guess he was pretty flustered because of Thalia.

“Let's get inside!”, Thalia frowned at William as she went inside the tavern.

“But that dirty-”, William was about to complain.

“We are going inside!! Let's go.” even Bruno jumped in and walked inside the tavern following Thalia.

“But master! Hey, wait for me…”, eventually, William also followed and entered the tavern anyway.

Well if it's a free lunch, I shouldn’t waste my time here! Gonna eat as many grubs to my fill. 
But before I enter, I went near the woman who was sulking on the floor.

"Oi, you aren't coming in?" I asked our Captain who was sulking.

“Its always the chest, isn't it?” she asked me.

I guess she was pretty shocked, by the owner's treatment to Thalia. 
"Because of such scums, I have been single for my whole life. All of my classmates are already married and have kids and here I am still looking for a boyfriend. I am already in my 30's and just because of a small chest and I look average doesn't mean I deserve such inferior treatment! This is blah blah..." she just started blabbering on and on.

I just ignored her and went in.
"Hey wait for me!... How could you all leave a maiden in distress like that" she scowled at me but eventually followed us in.

Seriously! She's gonna be one heck of a pain.

1