B2 — 26. Prepare For An Exciting Day!
370 10 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

PoV:

1:  Rhea (Our Blonde, Awkward Bombshell MC!)

Pokemon Map: 

Spoiler

I loosely follow this map as a visual guide; the creator made it in paint?!?!  It's insane!  Some errors here and there, but I follow its design for the most part.  Areas can be further apart, some cities are in the wrong places or not listed, and the regions aren't nearly so close.  The best map I've found, though!

[collapse]

I'd like to thank my patrons for continuing to support me:

Roni Free, Brunoid, Falixe, Seigfried589, Justin Timothy, Martynas Samsonas, Eyes Wide, Andre Lauth, and my other Patrons!

Family Tree / Characters

Spoiler

Rhea Everhart (Swablu) - Main Character.  Long blonde hair, coral blue eyes.

Maya (Mya most of the time) - Mawile, female.  Hyper-aggressive competative personality.

Nova - Eevee, female.  Very impressionable and seems to have taken a rather attention seeking personality from Rhea showing her off.  Can turn into all Eeveelutions.

Alice - Buneary, female.  Pretty hyperactive and doesn't quite get along with Mya.  She's out to prove herself to be more than just the junior member of the band!  She is the wolf—she is the hunger!

Mother - Christie Everhart (Very Low Master-tier Trainer, renowned Breeder, and Scientist; a daughter to Drake and Glacia; younger sister of Cynthia)

No Pokemon Listed

Father - Keith Everhart (Grandmaster Trainer; family not mentioned yet)

Franky - (Main Team) Gengar, male,  Keith's Starter.

Jeffery - (Main Team) Fearow, male.  Keith caught him when starting the Hidden Master Village.

Vilora - (Main Team) 5”11 Butterfree, female.  Knows Teleport.

Frisky  -  (Main Team) Medicham, female.  Very shy about meeting new Pokemon.

Sabin - Rhea's older brother by 3 years, a Platinum-tier Trainer.

Atreyu - (Main Team) Houndoom, male.  Sabin's Starter that he caught with his father, Keith, near Mt. Silver.

Luna - (Possibly Main Team) 4”11 Mismagius, female.  Sabin recently caught her in a secret cave near the edges of Mt. Silver.  Knows Imprision.

Unnamed - Kangaskhan that beat Katelin’s Roserade

Snee-Kee - Klefki caught in Kalos on Gold-tier with Kate (she thought it was cute) and it is the weakest on his main team.

Rovane - His male Aerodactyl

Cynthia (Cindy) - Rhea's aunt and one of the Top-Tier Legendary Trainers of the world.  She's the Active Champion of Sinnoh, tutoring Dawn to take over the position in time.  Age - Late 40's.

Lila - (Back-up Main Team) Spiritomb that is on the average level of her main team.
Esfforia - (Main Team) Her 14”7 Garchomp, female.
Melina - (Main Team) 50”11 Milotic, female.
Unnamed Togekiss - (Main Team) 8”11 
Unnamed Lucario -  (Main Team)
Unnamed Roserade - (Main Team)
Unnamed Eelektross - (Main Team)
Unnamed Gastrodon - (Back-up Main Team)
Unnamed Braviary - (Back-up Main Team)
Unnamed Glaceon - (Back-up Main Team)
Polic - Unknown Pokemon.  Weaker Pokemon that Cynthia brings on visits to help push Sabin.

Bianca - Rhea's cousin, Master-tier Trainer, and Cynthia's daughter.  Age 26.  Having a difficult time living away from a major city with making exotic and new dishes.  Rhea's pretty close to her.

Unnamed Stoutland - 4"6 at shoulders.

Hilbert - Bianca's husband, Former Champion of the Unova League (replaced by Iris).  Rhea believes he's kind of clumsy. 

Unnamed Reuniclus

Grandpa Drake - Rhea's Grandfather, Cynthia and Christie's father, and Glacia's husband.  Apparently, he's a Former Legendary-tier Trainer.  He's lost a lot of his former strength over the years but is still a terror if he's serious.  Owns a boat that he built himself as a young man.  Married to Glacia; Active Hoenn E4, Rank-1, but Glacia is trying to get him to retire.  He won't until someone worthy can take his spot.

Grandma Glacia - Rhea's grandmother on her mother's side.  She is a match for Drake, although, the type advantage might play a role in that.  She's still easily Champion-tier in her youth and holds an E4 position.


Amira Rocket (Mew) - A part of  Rhea's Team.  She is the granddaughter of Giovanni and Ariana Rocket, and the daughter of Lyra and Silver Rocket.  She's really reserved about friends, very responsible, and shy.  She has a habit of putting on her sunglasses to adopt a persona to protect herself from criticism and rude behavior.  She loves her family dearly.

Lyra Rocket - Amira's Mom.  Her daughter classifies her as a stalker that went after her dad.  She's very hyper-active and doesn't know when to not push boundaries.  A High Champion-tier Trainer, she traveled with Legends like Ethan and Kris.

Zelri - 4"11 Porygon-Z, female.
5’4 Azumarill female named Conny

Silver Rocket - Amira's Dad.  Not much known other than him being a caring father that works for his father.  High Master-tier.

Ariana Rocket - Amira's grandmother on her dad's side.  She's the highest-ranking Administrator in the Rocket conglomerate.  Possibly between Master and High Master-tier.

Giovanni Rocket - Amira's infamous grandfather on her dad's side.  He's gone through a lot since his criminal days and now has a legitimate business that has built up the Viridian, Pallet, and Pewter City-States to their current glory.  Grandmaster-tier Trainer and the Gym Leader of Viridian.  No one has been able to beat him since Chase, the current Champion.


Mallory (Lori) Medina - Rhea's final teammate.  Not much is known about Lori so far, except that her parents died when she was young and Grimsley took her and her sister in.  She takes after the bright, devious side of her step-dad.  Seems to have some subtle attention needs from her sister since she was always too busy to hang out.

Gables - Shiny Froakie
Miky - Impidimp
Roxie - Rockruff - genetically modified

Shauntal Medina - Mallory's older sister, and Unova E4, Rank-4 Member.  She's an author, too.  Grandmaster-tier.

Grimsley Brooks - Mallory and Shauntal's step-dad and Unova E4, Rank-2 Member; High Grandmaster-tier.  He's in many underground circles.  Married to Karen Brooks, but they don't live with each other.

Karen Brooks - Wife of Grimsley Brooks, notorious party-girl, and Kanto's Active E4, Rank-1 Member.  She's Mallory and Shauntal's step-mom and Casey Brooks' mother.  High Grandmaster-tier.

5’9” Umbreon - Lumica

Casey Brooks - Mallory and Shauntal's step-sister.  She's in the Starter Award Program with Rhea's team.  Casey is a notorious national party-girl mess that streams herself doing stupid and ridiculous stuff, taking after her mother. 

Mudkip

Mime Jr. - Noble


Jason - Rhea's best friend growing up in the Hidden Master's Village.  He's pretty outgoing and cheery.

Scorbunny - Sunny

Katelin (Kate) - Jason's older sister by 3 years and Sabin's girlfriend.  Rhea used to really dislike her for taking her brother's attention away but started to warm up to her recently.  Platinum-tier Trainer with an Encrusted Platinum Soul Badge to her name.

Jace - (Main Team) Noctowl
Fabio - (Main Team; Lead Pokemon) 6”10 Ampharos
Noral - Male Roserade that was beaten by Sabin’s Kangaskhan

Annila - Jason and Katelin's mother.  She's a picture fanatic and obsessed with Gym Leader Viola.  Master-tier Trainer.

Unnamed - (Main Team) Yanmega
Reon - (Main Team) 6”8 Poliwrath

 Kent - Jason and Katelin's dad.  Not much known, but assumed within Master-tier.


Lucian Allard - On a team with Jason and Lenard (Len/Lenster).  He's a very cocky boy that has something to prove to his parents.  He's rude and insufferable to most.

Piplup - Cobalt
Venonat - Chance 

Diantha Allard - Lucian's mother, Siebold's wife, and Active Champion of Kalos.  She's supposed to be a decent Trainer within the Champion-tier bracket.  She doesn't have a lot of time to spend with her family between being Champion and an actress.  She's not on good terms with Rhea's family right now.

Siebold Allard - Lucian's father, Diantha's husband, and Kalos Active E4 Rank-3 Member.  Grandmaster-tier.  Owns a 5-star restaurant.

Ludovic Malet - Siebold's nephew and Lucian's cousin.  Seems to somewhat look up to Lucian and follow his mannerisms ... just not as insufferable.


Lenard (Len/Lenster) Hart - Best friends with Mallory and on the same team as Jason.  He enjoys creating music and partying, just not in the same way as Casey.

Chimchar

Elesa Hart - Len's mother, Gym Leader in Unova, and cross-regional musical superstar.


Blue - Legendary-tier Trainer that appears to have a deep hate for Giovanni.  He had some unknown tragedies that happened during the Ultra War that caused him to turn to alcohol to cope.  He's married to Leaf, and they had some ups and downs with their relationship, but seem on the recovery.  Rhea dislikes him for ruining her 8th birthday and the special card her mother made.  He works with Red in Alola at the Battle Tree.

As much time as I have at the moment to make this; I'll continue to increase the data in time.

[collapse]


6:30 a.m. July 5, Sunday, 106 PH (Post Hoopa Event)

Events:  The Joint Kanto and Johto Indigo Summer League have concluded; Saria Surge has become the new Vermilion Gym Leader, converting it to a Fairy Gym.  It will be open for challenges on the 10th.

Our girl started her journey on the 9th of June—she’s been a Trainer for 26 Days (25 officially; 26 since getting Maya and Nova).

 

Rhea took a deep breath, swallowing her thick saliva and shifting her shoulders a bit before stretching with a yawn.  Hot air from Nova grazed against her calf as the little girl wiggled underneath the covers, and Mya’s large jaws lifted up over her head, spreading wide.

There was a time when Rhea would have squeaked at the darkly-shaped, sticky mouth and rolled out of bed, but she’d gotten used to her Pokemon’s routine.

“Huu-haaa…  Hmm.”

Smacking her lips while closing her eyes to reach over and rub Mya’s smooth, refreshingly cool head, Rhea smiled, settling back in after hearing Amira still in the bathroom.

Morning.

Alice, Nova, and Mya gave their own mumbled responses and took her relaxed posture to mean they had a bit more time to rest.  She suppressed a giggle as her Eevee pawed up her leg and torso to pop her head out of the blankets on her chest, presenting a hushed, cute chirp and smile.

Mhm.  Today we go exploring a mysterious underwater sea cave!

Mya snuggled close to her, still a bit sleepy, it seemed, while whispering something.  Nova and Alice’s responses to it helped to narrow down the potential meanings as their emotions triggered their shared spiritual experience.

Oh…  Yeah, it shouldn’t be anything like the ice cave.

Lifting her bun—sometimes super thick and long hair was a pain—to not strain her neck, she repositioned her head on her pillow; Rhea snickered at the drooling Unova girl, resting on the bed beside her.  In the dim light cast by the corners of the occupied bathroom, she saw a goofy smile on Lori’s face that Miky and Gables reflected.

Good dreams, huh?  Want to practice, Nov—

“Oof…  hehe.”

She grunted as her Eevee’s ears perked up, and before she even finished her sentence, the girl ducked her head back under the blanket to not wake their teammates and began to grow.  Weight increasing against her belly, Rhea tightened it and reached under to see the pearlescent lights fading.

There was an instant drop in temperature from the Glaceon’s breath, yet her silky soft fur was warm, and Nova’s tickling paws made her suppress laughter.

Excited?  Yeah!  Let’s see if you can last ten minutes.  You’re getting way better.

The Glaceon’s two pointed hair extensions poked out to peel back the covers to give her an adorable, pink iris, white pupil glance that said she was making progress.

Reaching over to the bedside table, Rhea pulled off the embedded wireless charger to put on a soft song to place next to her head; it was one Lori had shown them the night before bed.

Rhea’s head moved back and forth to follow the beat with Nova’s tilting ears as she settled in on her chest—giving her a chance to train her Physical Fortitude at the increased weight.  They relaxed as the song played, and it was nearly done by the time Amira got out of the bathroom, but it was good they were getting back to a semi-normal sleep schedule.

Rousing Alice and Mya at 6:39 a.m.—the rivals had fallen back to sleep—Rhea scooted out of bed with Nova to greet the redhead and blinked when she saw her former blue dress Sabin had brought back; the one she’d given to her teammate.

“Oh.  So, you have those kinds of plans with Kekipi, huh?”  she asked with a grin.

“What… haaa-mhmm-mmh… plans?”  Lori sleepily mumbled as she stretched out, making Rhea giggle internally.

Of course, Lori would wake up just to hear about a date.

Amira sat on the chair by the sink mirror to prepare, passively checking on her hair, wrapped in a towel.  “He wanted to treat me after my win, and my grandparents are going to meet up with me after to walk around the Arts District.”

“Rocket side?”  Lori questioned, picking up Miky to plop the seemingly dead imp on her head as Gables swapped places with Roxie to get a bit more rest.  “I don’t think I’ve met your… your mom’s parents.”

Rhea blinked, thinking back to the few times she’d seen them on their journey, yet it had always been at a time when they weren’t able to be introduced.  “They showed up yesterday, though.”

Amira picked up a brush with a slight smile that Rhea thought made her go from beautiful to drop-dead gorgeous and showed how happy she was.  “They took over my grandparents’ daycare in Johto, so they can’t really leave the Pokemon alone.”

“I’ve heard mixed things about daycares,” Lori hummed, adjusting her bikini.  “It’s not like you can have more than six bonded Pokemon out at a time, so you have to willingly unbond for a time for them to practice?  I never really got the idea.”

The redhead’s eyes lifted to Rhea.  “What have you heard about daycares, coming from the Masters’ Community?”

Rhea shrugged, noticing Mya had fallen back asleep on her belly, large mouth drooping over the edge of the bed.  Alice was now up and rearing to jump around to release energy, so she swapped them to allow the Mawile to rest.

“Mixed things—hmm-hmm… Alice, I love you, too,” she cooed as the bunny jumped up to kiss her nose before jumping over to play with Nova, Roxie, and Serenity as her fluff ball turned back into an Eevee to her friends’ cheers.  “Oh, nice!  Fifteen minutes; you’re on a roll, Nova!”

The Eevee hopped around excitedly with Alice and Roxie as Serenity sprayed sparkling water over their heads, making them laugh.

Returning to the previous topic, Rhea let a low rumble shake her throat while Mallory moved to join her on the bed to watch Amira prepare for her date.

“From what my brother told me, it’s mostly for lower-tier Trainers who aren’t serious about battling.  As far as I know, it’s got some Training benefits and involves group games, like Alice does, but less competitive, and they use Everstones to stop any evolutions.”

Lori scratched her neck, careful not to dislodge Miky from her head.  “Mmh… see, ya lost me there.  It’s like a vacation thing for your Pokemon… that you don’t have the time to be with?  Like… what?”

A slow stream of air shot through Amira’s lips.  “Mhm, daycares have a rocky reputation with High-Tier Trainers since they find it easy to build up Pokemon to new levels, but the majority of Trainers will never reach Gold Ranked, yet Pokemon competitive natures don’t just go away.  Daycares aren’t just daycares; they host competitions and community events.”

It started to click in Rhea’s head.  “Wait…  So, Daycares were never meant for Training but more for maintaining a healthy community?”

“Really?”  Lori whispered, getting up to grab her phone to check out more information before plopping back down.  “I guess since I grew up in the Unova League, I didn’t have too many interactions with country stuff…”

Finished brushing out Amber’s shiny fur, Amira turned her attention to Holly, who replaced her, helping the Posy Picker Pokemon inspect her flowers and groom her hair.  “Hmm… we’ll stop by a shop for you to replace some on the way out,” she said as the colorful Pokemon looked at one that was beginning to wilt.

A smile lifted Rhea’s lips as the Comfey hugged her Trainer’s hand.

The redhead chuckled at her Pokemon’s soft chirps.  “Oh… you want to make a flower ring for me to wear today, too?  That will be cute; yeah, let’s do it.  Okay, Amber’s going to help dry my hair now.”

The Comfey nodded and returned to her pokeball to allow the Fennekin to blow out Amira’s hair, and Rhea noticed a text while they were swapping activities.

 

6:49 a.m. - Bianca: Morning, Cutie!  Just going to be us three girls today; Sabin, Katelin, and my handsome hubby are investigating something to do with the lead you gave them yesterday.  We got a bit of a surprise from Koga’s sister yesterday, too.  Isn’t she mysterious?

6:50 a.m. - Rhea: Morning!  I don’t know about mysterious.  She’s pretty nice and straightforward whenever I talk to her.  When are we meeting up?  Diantha left it kind of vague.

 

Lori read her text next to her as Amira went back to their original conversation.

“Ok, so, working-class people—non-career Trainers—which make up the majority of the population that have Pokemon for a lot of different reasons, may battle as a pass time, but a lot of times their Pokemon need other ways to let out their energy.  My grandparents help organize a lot of that in their area and facilitate a place for Pokemon to socialize.”

Thinking back to the many other types of competitions she’d heard about, one of which was quite famous in Johto came to mind.  “Like the Pokéathlon?”

Amira giggled.  “My mother loves the Pokéathlon and participates with Kris, Ethan, and a lot of other old friends when she can.”

Lori forced a laugh.  “Uh-heh… is that fair?  Are there brackets?”

“Oh, of course,” Amira said, getting up to hang her hair over for Amber to blow on.  “Naturally, my mom brings underdogs Wild Pokemon her team finds in their daily explorations… it’s, heh, easy to explore when you can teleport around the region and be back for dinner in an instant.”

“Haha.  I bet!”  Rhea mused, recalling her father’s daily hour trips to Mt. Silver to train using the same method.  “Teleport is such an advantage.”

Mallory pulled up the Pokedex App as Rhea got a message from her cousin.  “Speaking of…  Can any of our Pokemon learn Teleport… because that Muk is so useful?”

Brushing her locks to the right to look at Rhea, Amira smirked.  “I checked when our Pokemon hatched, and, so far, none of our Pokemon can, but I’m positive Rhea’s mother will hook her up with one, hehe… which I’ll admit made me start speculating.”

Rhea blinked; it hadn’t even crossed her mind.  “You’re totally right…  Uh…  Maybe a Butterfree since my dad has one that’s an easy breed candidate?”

Lori waved her hand in protest while scrolling down the list.  “Naa.  Your mom’s all about super-stacking you—we all know it’s true—hmm-hmm, she said it herself!”

Amira nodded, flipping her hair back to inspect it as Amber’s small teeth clamped around a brush to hand her Trainer.  “Mhm…  Not to mention it would need to be Type specific to your lineup since she’s been preparing all this for so long, and that should narrow down the candidates a lot.”

“No way…”  Lori smirked, forcing Rhea to scoot over to stare at her screen as their Pokemon gathered behind them, curious about their next potential teammate; all speculation, of course.

“What…”

Gallade or Gardevoir?  I mean, it hits the super powerful niche we’ve got going for our blonde bombshell…”

“They’re both super cute and cool,” Rhea mumbled, but Amira shot their speculation down.

“Powerful, yes, but they’d clash with Mya and Alice too much in a limited 6-team lineup.”

“Okay, Ms. Beheeyem,” Lori grinned, scooting forward a little while flipping through the images for their Pokemon.  “Help us Slowpokes out.  What’s Rhea’s mom thinking?  Ugh… I should get ready for my date, too… but I’m too interested!  You have to help me get ready, too!”

Amira began adding treatment for her hair while brushing it out; she was going all out for this date, and Rhea enjoyed watching her prep, which showed how much she cared about those she’d be spending the day with.

Rhea nudged the Unova’s side with a sly smirk.  “So I was right!  You do have a date with Kekoa.  Did he ask you out?”

“Something like that,” Mallory teased, hiding her lips with her phone for a moment and making the hologram vanish.  “Neville—Kekoa’s Rattata—was all shy and asked if he and Roxie could go to a meet and greet together.”

“That can’t be it,” Amira hummed, eyeing the violet-haired girl suspiciously and putting her ideas on hold to address Lori’s unusually guarded secret with Kekoa.  “Spill it.”

“Well…”  Lori drew out the response, cheeks darkening a little, and Rhea had to wonder what in the world could make the dancing city-girl so flustered.  “You know, I’m more used to high-pace parties and hot, blurred nights of movement, but…”

“But…”  Rhea pressed, holding her breath.

“Kekoa did what I wanted yesterday, so… he says I owe him an Alola night.”

Only having a vague clue of what that meant due to Heneli, Rhea’s belly squirming nonetheless at seeing Lori’s nervous smile; it could be something completely different.  “Meaning?”

Amira’s lips pulled in as she turned to give her a knowing look, and there was a twinkle in her crimson eyes.   “From the fast lane to the slow tug and pull of a tension-filled night, huh?”

“Huh?”

Lori puffed out a hot stream of air.  “I don’t know!  I’ve never done any Alolan stuff, but he wants to go to a small Alola beach party nearby to teach me how to do their dances.  I’ve never had a boy try to teach me a new dance… and he said there were other surprises.  I don’t know!  My heart won’t stop beating—kya; I’m infected—feel that, Rhea?”

Rhea giggled as the girl grabbed her hand to place against her chest to feel each bump of her thumping heart.  “A solid hundred, huh?  I’m excited for you!”

“Gah!  I don’t know why I feel this way, and—and I get all sweaty just thinking about it… Why?!  Why?!”

Amira motioned her to the bathroom.  “Best cool off then.  Cold water for once?”

“Arceus!  I feel like I have to.  I haven’t felt this high in so long…  It’s maddening—I hate it—I love it!  I can already feel his hands on my back or hips… yet I don’t know what his dance is like!”

Rhea remembered the things Heneli taught her the other night, reminding her about the awkward way they’d ended it.  Swiftly dismissing the nerve-wracking sensation, she hummed and felt a little Fennekin light a fire in her.  “Hehe.  I think I know what it is…”

“You Jinx!”  Lori laughed, slapping her arm.  “You’d do that to a girl?  I can’t look it up, you tease!  Nice!  Hehe.  Looks like I’ve been a good influence on you.”

Glad Lori enjoyed the tease, Rhea rubbed the spot.  “I can’t wait to hear the story tonight.”

“No shot,” Amira shook her head.  “Lori’s gonna be fried when she gets back.  From a hundred to dead in a ditch.”

“Oh, Arceus, YES!  Please!”  she pleaded, reaching back to pick up Rhea’s pillow to throw at Amira’s giggling back.  “Just run me off a cliff.  Hehe.  You two are the worst!”  

Alice shot forward and caught it before it hit the ground to the others’ cheers at the acrobatics.

“Alright, if you want my help getting ready, you should take a shower already.”

“Okay!  Okay!  I’m keeping the door cracked, so I can hear you talk about Rhea’s Teleport candidate.  Speak loud like this!”

Laughing and shaking their heads, Rhea waved the rosy-cheeked Unovan girl off as she went inside before returning shortly after.  “Forgot clothes…  Got ‘em!  Hehe.  Wait… Rhea, what type of clothes—you know the dance—what clothes, girl?!”

She could say she wasn’t that brushed up on the Alolan style when Amira saved her.

“I’m guessing he will buy you the authentic cultural outfit.”

A lump dropped down the violet girl’s throat as her exposed belly tightened.  “So… Gah!  I’m such a mess…  He’s really going to do that?”

Amira forced a laugh.  “It’s my guess.”

“Good enough for me!  Expectations… expectations…  Why are you guys giving me such high expectations?!  I’m sorry, Rhea!  I’m so sorry!”

“Huh?  For what?”

“I’m sorry for what I did—I’m so hot… Okay, cold shower it is…”

Bodies quivering with laughter, the girl’s purple locks whipped around the edge of the door; the water began to fall as she yelled back, “Pokemon, Amira!  Distract me!”

Cool as a slow stream, Amira continued to prepare to meet Kekipi, and Rhea glanced at Lori’s abandoned phone on her bed before reading Bianca’s message and listening to the Rocket girl’s thoughts.

 

6:53 a.m. - Bianca: Umm.  Diantha said she’s waiting to find out her son’s plans to see what portion of the day we can dedicate to the exploration.  She’s mainly coming to ensure there’s nothing dangerous before I call a bunch of researchers to join us.  Plus, I need to know what experts to bring, so…

6:56 a.m. - Bianca: So, she said she’s good to grab breakfast at 9 a.m.  There are some calls she needs to make.  You good for that?  Gives me time to take a short nap.

A slight smirk lifted the corner of Rhea’s mouth as she responded.

 

7:04 a.m. - Rhea: Hubby keep you up late, huh?

7:04 a.m. - Bianca: Mhm.  It was nice.

7:04 a.m. - Bianca: WAIT!  What are you imagining?!

 

“Hmm-hmm.”

Seeing her Pokemon give her a confused look, Rhea couldn’t help another silent chuckle as Amira gathered her thoughts, scrolling through Pokedex and talking to Lori; the Unova girl was having more of an effect on her than she thought.

 

7:05 a.m. - Rhea: What are you imagining?

7:05 a.m. - Bianca: Bad girl!  Hehe.  I love my husband.  Let’s leave it at that!

7:05 a.m. - Rhea: Nothing else has to be said.  ;)  He’s cute, huh?

7:06 a.m. - Bianca: He really is!  Food?

7:06 a.m. - Rhea: 👍 9 sounds good.  Have a nice rest.  You need it. 😏 

7:06 a.m. - Bianca: Maybe I do. 😏

 

Rhea couldn’t help a blush as her cousin went along with her comment, and hearing Lori’s excitement made her want to move beyond this awkward stage she was in with dating… but not today!  Her attention centered entirely on Amira’s explanation.

“What do we know about Rhea’s team?”

Lori huffed.  “The super Eevee, tanky bruiser Mawile, and speedy Buneary.”

“Wildcard, Fairy/Steel, and Normal for the end result—though Alice will also become Fighting eventually during her Mega Evolution—mostly close-ranged to mid-ranged, which all points toward the need for more long-ranged backup.  Naturally, almost all Teleport Pokemon are Psychic of some kind—a loaded Typing—meaning it would most likely fill one of her three slots.”

Rhea’s gaze shifted to Nova.  “What about Espeon?”

Amira shook her head.  “Nova is the one who fills all the gaps your other members can’t; I checked, and Ally Switch is one of her TM options, which, as we saw in the Gym Leader match, was huge.  Rhea won’t be a Type Specialist, and that opens things up.”

“So…”  Lori mumbled from inside the bathroom.  “A dual-type that doesn’t have Fighting, Normal, Steel, or Fairy Typings?”

The redhead shrugged.  “I went through them all… and what I came up with?  Impossible to say.”

“Huh?”

Rhea mirrored the Unovan girl.   “What do you mean?”

“Hehe.  I mean, your mother is so unorthodox that I threw out all the standard options.  I bet she’ll surprise you with some genetic wonder or variant that would make us feel silly when she does give you your next egg.  I just can’t see her not giving you a Pokemon with Teleport.”

“True!”  Lori snickered.  “Your mom could drop a Legendary Pokemon on you!”

“No…”

“Bet!”

Rhea’s lips tightened.  “I mean… even for my mom, that’s insane.  The Leagues would never allow it; they barely allowed Nova and Mya!”

“Haha.  Amira, she’s in denial!”

Rhea’s huffed at Amira’s helpless shrug.

“She’s not wrong, Rhea.  Think about it.  Your mother is the leading genetics expert in the world and one of the most accomplished breeders; plus, she has contacts with all the villain organizations and their research.  I can tell you that my grandfather and great-grandmother had a massive obsession with Mew for a while.

“Remember Apple City—the abductions—she’s an expert brought in on things like that… warring, alien Pokemon.  So… I’m pretty sure she’s got some crazy plan for your last three Pokemon.”

The part that made Rhea’s stomach squirm was the fact that her teammates weren’t wrong.  She had enough attention as it was with the Eevee fandoms always wanting info on Nova’s unique abilities, and as they moved to higher tiers of competitions, she guess she had to expect the attention to grow.

“Yeah… huu-haaa, maybe I am being naive.  Would she really give me Legendary Pokemon, though?  Let’s be real here.  My mom has sway, but not that much sway when it comes to the Leagues, which mostly comes in the form of my aunt.  I can’t… ugh…”

“Hmm?”  Amira smirked at her from the mirror.

Running her fingers through her ponytail as she flipped it around her lap, Rhea grunted, “Okay… yeah, my Aunt Cynthia would have no problem with it.  She’s partnered with a ton of Legendaries, but a baby Legendary?  Who would let their child be raised by me or let my mom experiment on their eggs?  I don’t see it.”

“Fair,” Amira shrugged, dropping the conversation.  “So, when are you heading out, Rhea?”

“Oh, I don’t need to get ready that fast.  We’re meeting for breakfast at nine.”

“Cool.”

Moving to discuss more of the pros and cons of the various Teleport Pokemon, Rhea had to bring up the comparisons between the different fractions of Champion and above Trainers.

Blue primarily used his Alakazam for transportation, yet she noticed for the first time that his Arcanine more than likely had it, as well.  Green, Kris, Lyra, and Leaf had their cuties, Clefable, Wigglytuff, or Blissey, yet the High Champion favored her Porygon-Z, much like her Aunt Cynthia.

Yet, her aunt also had her Togekiss that could do it—probably through some manipulation of Metronome—but that was probably the exception because she hadn’t heard of any others who could do it.  Red’s Arcanine was also his transporter.

Now that she was looking at it, there were surprisingly few Pokemon that naturally learned the Move, and it was typically very intelligent Pokemon that had the capability of psychically communicating.  It was shocking to her that Munna could learn it with TM.

Oddly enough, she noticed not a single Legendary Pokemon was listed to have the Move, though most information on Mythical or Legendary Pokemon was restricted to just the name and description, much like the older generation devices; plus, she’d heard instances of them using it from the Master’s Community.

Lori finished unsurprisingly quickly—cold water and Lori didn’t mix—Rhea laughed a little as the purple-haired girl let out a cry; their neighbors must hate her this morning, but when she exited, her bright red face was beaming as she sat down to allow Amira to help her prepare.

Rhea got in next, taking her time to wash Alice and Nova’s fur while accepting Roxie, who was having so much fun with the Buneary that she’d forgotten to join Lori.

Getting out, Rhea put on her shorts and Trainer top, unzipping the skirt portion since they’d be going in a place that the more resilient piece would likely do well with.

Teasing Lori was fun for a bit, but eventually, her teammates left at 7:45 a.m., prompting Rhea to hit the streets and walk the river with her Pokemon; the city was packed with people, still engaged in the week-long celebration, and she took photos with several excited young Trainers who were enamored by her unique and cute salt and pepper-themed Pokemon.

Rhea timed Diantha’s arrival, and punctual as she’d come to expect, five seconds after 9 a.m. came, the radiant Kalos Champion appeared beside her out of rainbow lights, the strongest Gardevoir in the world floating nearby.

“My, you’re looking lovely today, Rhea.  Yellow top and brown shorts?”

Nova and Alice chirped a greeting at the lovely Pokemon.  

“Thanks!  Heh.  I don’t have many options traveling,” she whispered, seeing the woman’s designer black-and-white dress and heels; she didn’t look like she was ready to explore a temple in the least, but Trainers of her caliber could do just about anything in a dress.  “Bianca?”

Diantha held one arm under her bust with a soft, unconcerned smile as she turned to look to the southeast.  “In her apartment building still by her position.”

Alizée, her Gardevoir, gave a short chuckle as her eyes brightened.  “She appears to have slept in and is rushing to get ready.”

Rhea rubbed her neck.  “Typical Bianca.  Hehe.  So… where are we eating?”

Diantha’s Telepathic Gardevoir responded again as the Champion eyed something in the distance with a small frown; it was impossible to know what was on the minds of Trainers at her level since they had such a colossal scope of events at any given moment.

“A wonderful little bakery café mix that Gym Leader Misty recommended.”

“Sounds great!  So… after that, we’re checking out the ruins?”

“Indeed,” Diantha smiled, attention returning to her.  “It… would seem your aunt has been held up for quite some time after meeting with that Celebi, and Lyra seems to have been pulled into it.”

Rhea’s mouth pulled in as she gave a helpless shrug.  “I, uh-heh, got no clue about any of that!  Sounds like something she’d be involved in.”

“A shame,” the dark-grey-haired woman whispered.  “I was hoping to have the chance to tour these ruins with her commentary.  I am rarely able to interact with her outside of League meets, and she leads such a fascinating life.”

“That’s my Aunt Cynthia!”

“She’s ready, Diantha,” Alizée serenely notified, waving at Rhea’s excited Pokemon.  “Why don’t we have fun?”

Rhea froze as she heard a cute, young girl’s voice in her mind as Alice hopped around with Nova on two legs.

“Yay!  We’re exploring.”

“Wooh!  Adventure!”

“Nova… Alice?”

It was the first time she’d heard her Pokemon speak to her as if they were humans.

Alizée giggled.  “I’m translating for them so you may all enjoy it equally.”

Alice and Nova’s eyes widened, and she felt her Mawile slowly waking up.

“Can Rhea hear us?”  Nova whispered, lips parting in a big grin.

“Rhea!”  Alice chirped, jumping all the way into her arms.  “I have so much to say!  We can talk!  We can talk!  Oh!  You’re so warm at night, and I love it when you scratch my ears and pat my head!”

Mya’s grumbles didn’t translate since she wasn’t out, but Nova swiftly informed her of what was happening.

“Mhm!  Mhm!”  Nova matter-of-factly nodded, big ears flopping.  “I feel so safe and warm cuddling against your legs, and it’s dark and quieter, so I don’t hear Mya snoring as much.  Sometimes you squeeze me at night with your legs, and it feels so good!  I love that!”

Alizée snickered at their enthusiasm as Mya wanted to join.  “Let’s not overwhelm your human, girls.  Why not formally introduce yourselves now that you have the chance?”

Rhea knelt to smile at her Eevee; this was way more amazing than she thought it would be.  Sure, she’d heard Alizée speak before and other Pokemon, but not a Pokemon that could translate all other Pokemon speech.

She finally had the opportunity to learn more about her adorable little cuddle buddies from their own minds.

 


 

I just started releasing an old Patreon Exclusive since it's been a year since I released Volume 1; if the premise interests you, I'd love to hear what you think. I already have the first volume done and will post a chapter once every two days or so. It's called Soul's Requiem—somewhat based on a game I loved with a lackluster story that could have been great—and I'm waiting for the coverart/character art to finish of Clover.

Royal Road Link

Scribble Hub Link

 


SME's Request:

I hope you've been enjoying the free entertainment!  The internet is divided into different echo chambers; you have a specific group that only hovers around specific sites/content.  So, by recommending my serials to others, you give it more exposure to different echo chambers and help it grow.  Ratings are excellent, Trending is terrific, but it only will appeal to a specific echo chamber.  If you like my content, then please share it in your own unique way.

Thank you!  ^_^7

Normal Plugs:

Discord Link - Growing Community =D

View and help contribute to the Wiki

Support me on Patreon and get up to:

+ 10 Chapters ahead in A Tail's Misfortune

+ 11 Chapters in The Oscillation

+ 10 Chapters in Undying Empire

+ 10 Chapters in PokéSync (Pokemon Fanfic)

 28 Chapter Soul's Requiem - Volume 1 Complete!

+ Mystery Wednesday Patron Exclusives

Anything else you'll find on the Patreon introduction page!

+ Access to Polls

+ All my commissioned artwork is up for free on my Patreon!

18