1. First, A Dramatic Breakup
2.8k 8 58
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 


While others transmigrate abruptly, Ayan was given a warning. Perhaps it was due to her family's blessing that fate did not treat her harshly.

For several months now she kept on dreaming about being in a barren grey place. Voices are calling at her then there are two malnourished cinnamon rolls weeping.

First, Ayan ignored the dream. It was on the third time that she grew curious as to why she kept on repeating it. She consulted several friends and websites but only got varied answers that made her dizzy. 

In fact, this wasn't the first time she had a recurring dream. During her teens, she kept on dreaming about waking up in a small hut on top of the hill with a faceless man. The feeling he gave her was warm and comforting it was so real. 

When she wakes up the pleasant feelings disappear. 

Either these dreams were her past life, a manifestation of stress or signs of longing for a stable life all of it has no impact on Ayan.

Her career was stable, and her boyfriend treats her well. Everything was going smoothly.

Many more days passed and she completely grew immune of her strange recurring dream. 

Life was easy and happy.

Stepping on her red pumps, Ayan left the comforts of the air-conditioned car and briefly felt the dry heat blowing along with the evening breeze. Many hated the summer weather but for her who only feels excited as of the moment, this little inconvenience is nothing. 

Minutes later after entering the Grand Hotel's lobby, she is now seated at the restaurant on the twentieth floor facing the man she had been with for almost two years since college. 

"Yan, I have something to tell you…" the handsome man in a blue shirt said solemnly. 

Ayan pretended not to know and leaned back on her chair, "Oh?"

Nathan gave her an embarrassed look. "It's been two years since we started, right? Time flies so fast."

He looked outside the glass pane drawing courage from the twinkling lights of the traffic below. Ayan swallowed subtly. It must be something serious, she thought. 

"What do you want to say. Just say it." she smiled openly. 

"Actually…" he prevaricated. After looking outside, he went fiddling with the folded napkin on his side. 

Ayan was a little helpless. "Yes it has been years and you are still so hesitant. Just tell me if you want to propose or--"

She still had a teasing grin on her when Nathan looked up pale-faced.

"No, I want to break up with you." he said looking into her eyes. It was her bold remark that pushed him to make up his mind.

He no longer loves this woman. He already forgot about the feeling of their first encounter the moment they stepped right into society. Her growing career, the feeling of being left out has long ground the vigorous youthful love he once had.

And quite frankly, he detests her free and easy-going character. They were supposed to be lovers but they act more like friends. The only intimate thing they did was to kiss, he is a normal healthy man damn it.   

If not for the mall supermarket business she funded he wouldn't put up with her until now. Ayan was generous to her people but he felt it was an insult to him. He wanted to open his own business ever since college and Ayan stepped up to help him with the dream. 

At that time she was like a shining goddess in his eyes. Her family was well-off and she is used to spending money at everything she fancied and because of this, she developed a negative reputation on the campus. It also made him hesitant.

But he has his own difficulties, so despite Ayan's image he reluctantly let their relationship develop. He likes to think that he was only repaying her generosity, someday, when he is finally able to gain a foothold in society she will repay her grace. 

"Ayan, let's separate."

Ayan forgot to blink when she heard him say that, she reached for a glass of water and took a sip. "I see."

She did not look hurt, nor was she disappointed. It was strange. Perhaps because she had prepared herself for this for a long time already?

When she heard rumours of him going out with several unknown women she ignored it. Several more times the rumour came but she muted them in her head. But maybe she wasn't entirely foolish because unknowingly she put up defences reducing the impact of his revelation tonight.

But still a girl her age has to undergo cleansing when met with a scumbag. That night she called an old friend living overseas and wailed like a banshee while cursing Nathan's future generations. 

"I wish he becomes impotent and useless so no more good women will be harmed by him!"

"Idiot..." Monica, one of her loyal friends muttered while puffing out smoke. "Have you informed your parents about the breakup?"

Ayan wiped her nose with a Kleenex aggressively. "I haven't yet. Dad has a joint project with Nathan's family. I'd rather not disturb him during this critical period." 

Dumb girl, her friend thought. She should tell her parents sooner to peel off those jackals' masks, in her opinion, Nathan and his relatives are opportunists. If not for Ayan's family, they wouldn't have any standing in this city at all. 

Now that they are about to elevate their status they will turn their backs discarding their benefactors like used tissues. 

"So what's your plan now?" Monica asked grumpily. 

"What else but go out to heal."

Monica wished she could cross over the screen and give this girl a few hundred slaps to wake her up then she would jump and castrate that asshole, Nathan, next. 

"Ayan, Nathan is not a good guy."

Ayan nodded, seemingly absorbing her words. Looking at her reaction made Monica madder. But before she could let out a barrage of curses she heard the other say, "I know he is a little rotten inside,"

A little? Peh! Monica spits inwardly.

"I admit he is not good, that is why I have long sold out the apartment I bought for him and took back the car I lent his sister. Those good things are wasted on them."

Monica was still huffing mad when her words sunk in. Wait, what did this girl say again!?

"Oh, another thing," Ayan sighed innocently like a harmless white rabbit, "I also sold my share of that shabby business we founded to his rival company."

Monica sucked in her breath. 

"What now? Do you still think I'm stupid?"

Monica: Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

58