2. Oops! A Short-lived Life
1.8k 10 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

Ayan planned to avail her unconsumed leave, to rest for a while and refresh her mind. The plan was put into action the day after. The dear girl happily packed up and left her apartment to run into a mountain resort for her much needed mental health vacation. 

It was during the rest period that she had a strange dream again. 

"Mommy!"

"Mother!" 

"You belong in this family now. I'm telling you, no matter how much you regret it you can never leave!" said a chilly voice.

"W-Who?" 

Ayan moved through the fog but her body felt heavy as though she had been carrying sandbags.

"You wanted to become marchioness, then I am granting your wish. You should be glad."

Ayan sweated profusely and wanted to step towards the voice. She wanted to understand why all this hatred was pointed towards her. 

Aiy, she is innocent! Aside from teaching that scumbag a lesson she was never mean to anyone.

"Ayan, in this life, you are already tied to me!"

"No!" 

She bounced from the bed covered in sweat. When Ayan came to her senses, she was faced with the wooden ceiling of the cottage she rented. 

That was one angry man. She thought wryly. The faces of the children in her dreams also became more vivid.

They look thin and pale like fleeing refugees. Ayan sighed heavily. 

This is definitely abnormal. The longer she dream, the more her emotions gets disturbed. How could a mere dream weigh heavily on her heart? 

After a short breakfast, she explored the cliffside hoping to shake off the odd melancholy. 

She walked absently until she arrived at the back of the resort, then she dialled Monica's number again to chat. 

"Are you sure you're fine?" Monica frowned slightly. 

Ayan looks tired. 

"It must be because I've been working nonstop," she reasoned. "I think I came to a fairly good place. The air here is fresh and the surrounding calm the mind."

She was showing off the view from the top when a couple approached her. Ayan placed the phone on the stone bench to stretch her waist. 

"The bed here is too soft for my back though."

Monica on the other side of the planet recorded her awkward callisthenics and laughed to seizures. Later she will edit the video and show it to the rest of their friends. 

"What are you doing here?" Ayan suddenly stopped stretching and looked at the two people standing in front of her. 

Monica also stopped laughing. What the hell? This scum male came towing along a mistress!

"Ayan, I know you hated me but I did not expect you would do such a thing to that extent." Nathan accused with an ugly scowl. 

Ayan frowned at him, "I just took back the things I owned. What's wrong with that?"

Nathan is not someone to easily let go when his ego was injured. He looked at the woman he had been with for the past two or more years and clenched his fist. 

"The house and the car all belonged to me. They were lent, not given. We separated, it's only natural you return them. Or am I wrong?"

The girl with a sweet tender face looked at Ayan and said, "Miss Rose…"

"You don't have to explain. I knew you have been dating behind my back so save your excuses."

The girl abruptly changed her face. "Nathan was kind enough to tolerate you. Why do you have to treat him like this?"

"Treat him what? Our family helped his family when they were in dire straits. Do you still have the cheek to ask?"

The girl looked hurt and shrunk to Nathan's arm. "But still, for old time's sake, you shouldn't have embarrassed him like this."

"Did he care when he cheated and stepped on my pride as a woman? Oh, wait, you probably don't even know what pride is."

The girl's eyes flashed viciously.

"Enough Ayan, Mia was only defending me so no need to vent your anger on her."

Mia bit her lip and sighed, "It's my fault. You should have told her sooner so it shouldn't have ended like this. Nathan was embarrassed because of Miss Rose's family's prestige. He was afraid to offend you because--"

"So you admit you have been together while he is dating me." Ayan cut in rudely. "Don't use my family as an excuse for his adulterous behaviour, I never forced him. He was the one who approached me in the first place. And because he can still use our family he has not separated from me."

Mia's face paled.  

Ayan laughed sarcastically. "Do you think you're in some kind of soap opera? I don't care whatever you do from now on as long as you stay away from me. Why go up here by the way? I have no business with you."

"Miss Rose, you grew up in a wealthy family and you are used to having your way that is why you look down on us common people. But you cannot humiliate Nathan this way."  

Ayan rolled her eyes at her. "You deserve each other."  

"Ayan," Nathan sighed impatiently, "I come here to talk about the business."

"Oh, that?" she replied dryly. 

"Since we have broken up, why don't you sell your shares to me?"

"I'll think about it." she said dismissively. 

Monica wanted to laugh out loud on the other line. She always thought Ayan was a docile and cuddly rabbit, she didn't know she would have fangs. 

When Nathan stepped to the side, Mia moved closer, "Miss Rose, I understand you hate both of us but for the sake of our child, please agree to Nathan's request."

Even Nathan wasn't ready when Mia suddenly spoke about their secret. He wanted to cover her mouth but it was too late. 

Ayan looked at Nathan with obvious ridicule in her eyes, "It has only been three days since we broke up and you already have a bun in the oven. Congratulations."

Mia raised her chin proudly. She had long known of the Rose family daughter when she saw her walking with Nathan in their college. Like a flower in the high loft, she was cut above the rest. Unattainable to someone of her status. Mia hated spoiled rich princesses like her. If not for their family's money, would they have the face to walk around like proud peacocks? 

So what if she's rich and beautiful? Her boyfriend belongs to her now and they are going to have a child soon. Mia did not notice Nathan's irritated gaze towards her.   

"It's still not confirmed yet." he said unemotionally. 

Mia was taken aback, "Nathan!"

"Ayan, I'm sorry." 

He wants to deny it? Mia was feeling panicky for some reason. Didn't they agree to come here today to tell her about them? So why can't she talk about the baby?  

"Ayan," Nathan changed his tone to persuasion. "Mia and I are still not sure about the child… I, I hope this does not affect our family's cooperation. We have been friends, haven't we? The project is about to begin… I admit everything was my fault and I will bear the punishment your elders will give me so..."

"Nathan, you saw me suffering from morning sickness. You said that once the things are settled we are going to get married. You promised me!"

Nathan glared at her. 

Ayan had long been numb. She is no longer in the mood to continue looking at their faces for fear of vomiting her breakfast. After cheating behind her back, he still wanted to use her as his cash machine? Monica was right, she should have told her parents. These kinds of faces are harder than diamonds.

Looking at Nathan's face softening and coaxing Ayan in front of her. Mia became delirious with anger. 

"Bitch, why don't you just die and let us be!" she screamed hysterically. 

Using her body's inertia she bumped into Ayan's body. Ayan was standing unguarded several feet from the cliffside. She wouldn't easily fall with just that nudge but Mia seemed to be possessed by demons. She grabbed Ayan's parka with all her strength and pushed her to the edge. 

"Little bitch what makes you so proud? I'll kill you! I'll kill you!"

Nathan was alarmed by his girlfriend's crazy behaviour. Monica on the other line was shouting frantically but the earphones were plugged. She ran to find her other phone and dialled the number of Ayan's big brother. 

"You're jealous because Nathan and I are having a baby. You want to seduce him again? I'm telling you not a chance! He's mine." 

Ayan was fighting to break away but her strength wasn't enough. She only managed to scratch Mia's face and arm. 

"Damn it, you lunatic let go of me!"

"Once you're gone the business will be ours. Nathan said he will give it to his son. Don't you know, he has long been disgusted with you?" 

"Your mother, you'll never get away with this!" Ayan spat. 

Mia's bloodshot eyes and malicious smile was so close to her. Then she suddenly felt weightless. She saw Nathan giving her the last push and hugged Mia's body close to his. 

"Ayan… ahhhhhhhhhh!" Monica cried out in horror and dropped the phone. 

56