Chapter 41. Thanks, Fem!
109 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Did you really beat him, kid?"

"But how come Ega can be so bested like this? He's D-rank. D-rank you know. Not a runny kid who just signed up to become an adventure. He and his party this afternoon were just sending 15 bandits straight to the mine! Does it make sense that this kid can beat Ega?”

“Mine? Mining site?”

“Yeah.”

“Yes, I heard that too. Even though his party is only five members, but he can do such great things."

"Hey, kid. Explain this incident from the start."

Then Female Knight reveals what happened to him and Princess this afternoon to them, like this adventure named Ega and his friends intercepted them in the middle of the town street by them and then they pointed their swords at them, and then they attacked them, then a fight broke out, then came the town guards who intervened them and explained to Fem that this guy attacked them because of a misunderstanding since he just had a fight with his lover because his lover is cheating on him and he thinks that one of them (Female Knight or Princess) is a guy who is cheating on his girlfriend because of the physical resemblance and appearance they have.

"This guy."

"Just because of a woman."

"No wonder Norn is frantic."

"Who's Norn?" (Unknown)

“One of the Ega party members. If this kid said that it was only four of them that attacked him this afternoon, it seems like Norn didn't participate in that ambush operation."

"Whatever, but who will replace the Ega party's duties later? "

“Oh, right, I heard that he told me this afternoon that Lord Rijeka gave him and his party a personal mission to scout the bandits who often extort the travelers on the road. You know what this is for, right? For an upcoming banquet party."

"The bandits must be rejoicing with the existent of this party."

“Yeah. That’s true.”

Many guests discussed that highwayman, and many also bullied Fem because his actions had caused many people to get into trouble like a domino effect.

"Hey, you're in trouble, kid."

"Ugh ..." (Female Knight)

… But in my opinion, I think what he did is a blessing in disguise!

Why? Because this time I can give a weighty excuse for involving all my party members to do what I want!

This is gonna work!

Thanks, Fem!

And I can also use this to remind Female Knight as well as to deter him so he can use his head before he acts.

He must be aware of the repercussions he makes to those around him as a result of his actions!

The more I heard them scare Fem, the more I smiled to myself.

"Hey, Casey. Can I replace them to do that mission? I mean me and my party. We have not become the adventure yet, but the strength, skill, and experience are what they rely on here, right? Not their title or status." I suggested.

Well, it's like us actually doing the job, and then Ega party got the result. 

And of course, they just get that, and the reward is still ours.

“I don't want to become twisted together with the nobles because of this blunder and misunderstanding." I continued.

"But, this guy and his lackey already attacked me. Why do you need to go that far for them? That's unbelievable!" (Female Knight)

You!

You almost gave me a heart attack, Fem. I thought you were going to use "we" and calling out my name earlier.

It can get messed up right away if you do that.

Well, if I don't have a hidden agenda, I really want to “repay” you directly, Fem, by saying you are the sole perpetrator in this case.

And me, Princess, Beastkin, and Elf are just innocent people and we have nothing to do with this matter.

If you don't overdo it. We all won't get into this problem. Case closed.

"Well, the decision is not mine." (Casey)

"Yeah. This is Ega's mission. You have to wait for Ega to wake up first and then negotiate with him." (Town Guard Chief)

"Alright." (Unknown)

“So, how do we take care of this?" Remind one of the guests.

“Let's carry these two to their room first. They have suffered a lot, especially for him, who was so battered like this and left to lean there just like that." I said to them while I walked to this man named Ega.

"Yeah."

“Poor him …”

All of them nodded.

Fem, who realized I was coming, was a little surprised because I preferred the guy who attacked him, rather than Elf.

He showing me a disappointed look, but he didn't say anything and just kept quiet.

Yeah, yeah. This is just act, Fem. Relax. 

I then turned around and went into the direction where Elf was leaning.

Why don't you limit Fem's actions, Elf?

And look at your current state. You fainted and you missed that gorgeous quarter-elf Onee-san.

That's a shame.

Well, it's good that things ended like this.

It may not be related to the problem directly but honestly, I can't think of any other non-violent solution to solve Fem's problem with that guy.

Look, I was skeptical that Fem's problem with him could end easily if they apologized to each other.

Ega was indeed the first to start this mess, but he was get trashed too because of it.

Fem, his pride is high and he probably doesn't want to end this matter with him by just apologizing.

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me if they both want to brawl all the time until aliens come to this planet, I don't really care. However, when they have started to include outsiders to solve their thing, that's a problem.

The chaos became even more complicated.

I don't like that.

That's a huge waste of time, you know?

"Sir, can you help me to carry them?" I asked the guests when I started to carry Elf over my shoulder.

"Sure."

"Oh, God. Why this guy is very heavy?" One of the guests who lifted Ega's body, complained.

"Maybe the sins he has are too many just like you." Joked other guests.

"Ha Ha Ha Ha!" And they laughed in unison.

To Be Continued

100% Accuracy and Grammatically Correct Not Guaranteed. Revisions, Corrections, and Edits Are Periodically Done. Corrections, Critics, and Suggestions Are Welcome, So Don't Hesitate to Leave Comments. Don't Forget To Bookmark and Favorite If You Enjoyed It. Thanks

5