Chapter 44. Alright. Let’s Make It Like This
95 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Unknown's POV

On the way to the Adventure Guild …

"Hey, will we have intervention from Ega's party in the Guild later?" (Princess)

"Why, we just want to stop by to see the map there, right?" (Elf)

"What is wrong? Are we being followed? " I asked.

And then, whoops!

… I almost turned around to see my surroundings.

If I did that earlier, it would alert the possible stalkers who following us.

I then asked my party members, have we been followed by someone since we departed from Ami's Inn?

"Elf?" (Unknown)

"Nothing." Elf replied.

"Beastkin?" (Unknown)

"Same here." (Beastkin)

Tap, tap, tap.

I then started to slow down my footsteps and then I continued my pace with such speed, as a consequence, what I was doing, was realized by Elf.

“What is it? Anything suspicious?” (Elf)

"It’s not that. You know, I also have similar thoughts of a possible scenario like the one Princess was worried about just now, it keeps nagging at me too. Plus we can say that we are snatching their mission and we idiotically told Ega about that as well. Heh, we shouldn't have to notify him about this. There is a big possibility that the rest of his party could misunderstand this after hearing that from him. This is a fatal mistake. Huge blunder. We're still naive!" (Unknown)

"Drop it. Don't cry over spilled milk. " (Princess)

"… Yeah. Thanks. Even If they investigate it more deeply, the people, especially the guests of the inn who aware that I know about Ega's mission too, I already have put insurance there, and you don't need to know what that term is, In essence, I have left some room for an argument if it is needed later because we are doing this also for the safety of travelers going to Rijeka Town as well as compensation, consolation, etc. to us because our party members were attacked. Lord Rijeka should be able to tolerate that. Our method is not through normal procedures, because if we wait for the permission of the related parties. When can we take care of the bandits?” (Unknown)

“I see your point.” (Princess)

"Fit with the facts, right?" (Unknown)

"Yes, that jives." (Elf)

" *Nodding." (Beastkin)

"Alright. We are trying to make sure that this is our last blunder. If one of us is overlook something like this again, please remind each other, because disaster will hit us all if one of us gets into trouble." (Unknown)

"And for the hiccup this time ... We split up. Me and Beastkin will go to the Adventure Guild. Where can we meet again?" (Unknown)

“Unknown. I don't know the ins and outs of this town, what if- "(Elf)

"Why? Princess is with you," cut me off  "and after all Princess has seen a map of Rijeka Town right, Princess?" I continued.

Princess shook his head.

"You're safe with him ... Huh?" I continued my talk again, but.

“I've seen the map before, but I only remember a few landmarks in this town. The town square, the market, and Ami's Inn. That's all I remember from the map. " (Princess)

I'm facepalmed.

"I’m sorry." (Princess)

"Alright. Let's make it like this … ”(Unknown)

“…” (Princess, Elf, & Beastkin)

I then thought of a plan so that we wouldn't come into conflict with the rest of Ega's party members if we accidentally or happen to meet them on the way or while at the Adventure Guild.

Should I just do this?

Ah, I don't think that one.

How about this one?

No.

How about this?

Argh ... why am I like imprisoned? We felt so restricted!

This is all Fem's fault. Why are you escalating this problem, Fem?

“Screw this! Have no fear. If we meet them and they are looking for trouble with us. We solve it with old ways. If using your mouth can't solve this matter, we- "(Unknown)

"We use violence!" (Princess)

“No, you idiot. We raise our voices. We scold them like Fem's mother did.” (Unknown)

Fem … This kid has an amazing ability to cause mischief and the people like that always have bad-tempered, wrathful mothers who always easily get angry and give them a high-quality sermon.

Why don't we do that too as well?

“They who did this first after all. And most importantly, why didn't they try to stop Ega back then and even joined in the raid with him? I felt strange from the start. Just think about it." I continued.

"Is it even possible?" Asked Elf referring to the plan I told me earlier.

"Whether it works or not. We'll know if we meet them later. Of course, none of us want to bumped each other with them. Beastkin." Invite me to Beastkin and we start leaving them.

"Hey, wait. Where are we going to be regrouped back later?" (Princess)

"Just wait at the entrance gate." (Unknown)

"The gate when we entered yesterday?" (Elf)

"No. The other ones. " (Uknown)

"Ok." (Princess & Elf)

And they leave.

Eh? Why they just immediately withdrawing and believed in that ridiculous plan I made up?

Hey, that's pure jokes! Why don't you guys ask further? It's a matter of your life and death!

Whatever.

That's the advantage of people who never lie and always stick to their word. The other people will easily believe in us.

"Unknown, was that real?" (Beastkin)

Beastkin believed it too!

To Be Continued

100% Accuracy and Grammatically Correct Not Guaranteed. Revisions, Corrections, and Edits Are Periodically Done. Corrections, Critics, and Suggestions Are Welcome, So Don't Hesitate to Leave Comments. Don't Forget To Bookmark and Favorite If You Enjoyed It. Thanks

4