Chapter 52. What Grudge Does That Woman Have?
69 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Longer chapters to compensate for the delay

Unknown's POV

When we got up after lunch in the woods to resume our mission. We suddenly heard the presence of footsteps belonging to several people walking towards where we are.

Knowing that, we then immediately remove the traces we have had lunch here such as bonfires, traces of ashes produced by bonfire wood, etc with withered leaves lying under the ground and after that, we then hastened our step to go deeper into the forest to hide, and then observe the current situation on the road outside.

"Who?" Princess asked while popping his head slightly from the bushes like me where the four of us were hiding.

He looked to the right and to the left repeatedly, trying to find for these people.

"Just a moment." (Unknown)

He nodding and then he lowered his head back from the bushes while waiting for the information from me.

“…” (Princess)

“…” (Elf)

“…”(Beastkin)

“… There are several people walking closer in this direction. There are three of them, they are fully armed.” (Unknown)

“Oh. Are they bandits?” (Princess)

"From their looks, I don't think so. They are Adventure I guess. Let's keep an eye on them. Try to don't have any contact with these guys." Warn me.

They nodded and went back to observing the show being performed now very carefully.

“....” (Unknown)

“…” (Princess)

“…” (Elf)

“…” (Beastkin)

"Hey, why haven't we met them yet? We've been walking in this area since morning. Did they lie to us?”

"Most likely. They must be on a date right now. F*ck them."

“ … I heard Ega's party is trashed by someone. What they were fighting this time were bandits. Can they still carry out missions under their heavy injury? Therefore the captain ordered the three of us to be more crippled him and his guys. He was happy to hear that Ega was knocked by someone before, but he would not be calm if he didn't end Ega himself."

“That slut really affected the captain. The captain wasn't like this back then, but ever since he got close to that woman, the captain has completely changed."

"Yeah. And you know, I heard that Ega guy, after hearing his woman walking with another man, who is none other than our captain. He was very angry. He then madly looked for the captain all over the town and then he accidentally met those two people who in the future, trashed him and his party. I heard Ega attacked them simply because one of them bears a resemblance to the captain.”

"Oh, yeah? What did that guy have in common with the captain? Captain's face or-"

"The way he walks." Cut him.

"..." All of them including us (me, Elf, Princess, and Beastkin), were speechless after hearing that, except that guy.

And what the h*ll is that earlier?

That two h*rny human who doing rumpy-pumpy in the woods before, one of them is Ega girlfriend???

“…”

The heck plot twist is this?

Oh, God …

… What have You done up there?

No wonder that Ega guy became testy and short-fused like a woman on her period.

And it seems that between the two of them, there is someone who has a mental disorder and likes to see how her ex's expression sees her doing something controversial to make him jealous or something like that? And she wants to continue doing that stunt to interfere that Ega guy, when he and his party were on a mission so that the mission they were carrying out failed?

You know, for Adventurers, if their mission fails other than because of the injury or death of a member of them, that failure is still understandable.

But if the failure was due to their own carelessness, their reputation would be affected because of it.

That's why I've often heard that some adventurers prefer to injure themselves and then make a plausible reason why they got the injury if their mission failed rather than giving people the opportunity to judge them that they failed the mission because of their carelessness.

I'm sure that woman aiming for that.

Disgusting.

What grudge does that woman have?

Very barbaric.

But, wait.

Is it true that the two of them who had pata-pata earlier were the people that the three guy were referring to?

If we misunderstood, things could be messed up later.

We must first know the characteristics of those two from these three men. Perhaps they would foolishly leak yet another piece of information like before.

If it's really that couple. The two of them (especially the men) will definitely look for the perpetrators who disturb their "activities" earlier in the woods to his grave.

Because the perpetrator had destroyed his future permanently.

“…”

Then we see that three guys suddenly lie down on a roadside, laze there, and then playing what's around them.

The tree that never bothered them and just stood by the roadside, they pelted the trunk with pebbles.

The innocent grass who just laying on the roadside to live, they removed the roots one by one.

Even colonies of ants that are far from their sitting position, they also disturb them by sprinkling the ants with sand and soil.

Quite a while the four of us watched that three guys commit this savagery act while waiting to get more information from their mouth.

The voices we heard were many mixed with each other. There wasn’t too much useful information that we can get from them but we weren’t worried. We just kept listening in for keywords that might be useful for us in the future.

But they just sat there on the roadside.

They mess around, loll around and do nothing, in particular, to kill time, waiting for someone who wasn't really here anymore.

We're pretty tired of just watching them just laze there and didn't get anything important from them anymore aside from us getting confirmation that they were really the party members of the guy whose testicles Elf blow up to the pieces.

Plus its already noon and we've just finished lunch, it's a good time for a siesta actually. (Spanish for a nap).

Our heads were so heavy, we were attacked by drowsiness.

The breeze and the sound of insects in the woods provide a calm of its own.

Ah …

If I was the only one here, I'd climb up on a tree branch up there and tie myself to the trunk and sleep there.

Wolf?

I'm safe up there.

That's why I said I wanna sleep on a tree branch.

“…”

Not long after, that three idiots had a movement. We immediately watch them once more because one of them started talking again to his two comrades.

“I can not stand this …”

“Yeah, this is too long!”

"Forget it, let's go home. Before we were thought to be a group of bandits by travelers passing on this road.”

"That’s true."

They then walked towards the town, it seems they want to return to Rijeka Town.

“It's funny that what we're doing now can be mistaken for an attempt to framing someone too.”

"Yeah."

"Ahahaha!"

“…” (Us)

The heck is that again?

Is there’s an attempt to frame someone?

Who?

“Oh, crap …” (Unknown)

“What’s wrong? You have a stomach ache?” (Elf)

“Not that … “ I then shifted my gaze to Princess. “There's a possibility that we'll be blamed when we get back to the town cause we injured that guy before.“ (Unknown)

“…” (Princess)

“What’s the proof?” (Elf)

“Because we happened to come to town using the road to Odesa Serfdom.” Answer Princess instead of me.

“Just using the same road as evidence?” (Elf)

“That's the easiest thing to get our group to be blamed and I assume that was all that man could think of if he wants to set us up,” explained Princess “well, it was indeed our fault … “ He then shifted his gaze towards Elf. “Elf ‘s fault.” Princess continued.

“…” (Elf)

“Alright, don't fight you two.” Warn me while shifting my gaze towards Elf then towards Princess. “By all means, there is indeed a possibility that we could be framed by that two horny couple, and that's not a wrong judgment.” I continued. “But that would be difficult because they didn't know who we are and they also didn’t know we were there. Furthermore, if we using another road to get to Rijeka Town. We will get harder to be framed by those cheap traps.” Explained me.

And I have to keep an eye on those three ding-dongs.

They're very suspicious.

But who will I send to stalk them? Rather, who will accompany me here to resume this mission?

Elf?

Princess?

… Maybe Beastkin.

He was more stable than those two kids who had been acting more and more unpredictable lately like the stock of low-quality companies.

“Elf, Princess. Follow that three ding-dongs. I have a feeling that in the town, something bad will happen to us later If none of us follow those three.”

Princess and Elf seem like connected the discussion we talked about earlier and my words just now.

Not long after that, they then nodding and the two of them immediately went to pursue that three people secretly in the forest.

“…” (Me & Beastkin)

“That two of them would fight if they left alone unattended.” (Beastkin)

“I don’t care.” (Unknown)

To Be Continued

100% Accuracy and Grammatically Correct Not Guaranteed. Revisions, Corrections, and Edits Are Periodically Done. Corrections, Critics, and Suggestions Are Welcome, So Don't Hesitate to Leave Comments. Don't Forget To Bookmark and Favorite If You Enjoyed It.

4