Chapter 59. Tilney’ Worry
56 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thanks for waiting, guys. I was planning to publish it the day after chapter 58 came out, but I suddenly got a new idea, so I rewrote it again. More words to compensate for the delay.

Tilney’s (Inn Girl) POV

 Inside the 1st floor of Ami The Half Elf Inn’ - Late Afternoon.

Tilney had just finished her day shift which she was forced to do even though she was working on the night shift. She did that because she felt responsible causing trouble for the entire inn after bringing the noble young lady this morning.

She is afraid of losing her occupation, and the first rule to prevent someone from being fired from a job is to maintain harmony with other workers and not get into conflict with them.

Well, she was aiming for the tip to earn extra income under the pretext of that “responsibility” earlier so she didn't really mind that much.

She can get 40-70 iron coins just working for half-day. That's not bad, isn’t it?

She is actually quite interested in working on the day shift because the money tip she earns is decent and not much different from the night shift. The tasks carried out in the day shift are also not too many because the guests served on the 1st floor are mostly fewer in number.

Just look at it now, the guests eating on the 1st floor can be counted on one hand.

But she was already put in that position by her employer and the night shift was more fun in Tilney's opinion, so she didn't really mind that much too.

After coming out of the kitchen, Tilney found that one of her co-workers who was on the same shift as Tilney (who worked at the night shift and want to earn extra income too), was standing by the window of the inn.

She was looking out the window and her gaze… looked sad?

Curious as to what her coworker was doing, Tilney then walked over to her and followed at the direction her coworker was looking at.

“Oh…” Uttered Tilney, after finding someone familiar out there from the window.

She found the man she had met with the young lady this afternoon. The man was seen leaning in front of a craft shop that closed early next to Ami's inn, massaging his forehead and his temples over and over again.

'This mess is giving me a headache...' that's probably what's on his mind right now. Ahh~ poor him." Said Tilney's co-workers out of the blue with a look and tone of voice like a mother worried about her own child.

Tilney just nodded at her and it looked like her coworker wanted to say her next words, so she waited for the comment to come out from her.

"He's in a slump. I've been watching him ever since you asked me to bring him lunch to his table this afternoon, Tilney. And now his condition is getting worse, he seems to be burdened by something.” The co-worker continued.

Tilney then turned her gaze back to the man. She also felt concerned for the man. Even though that man had an idiot friend, he seemed worried about his friend's condition. Just look at the man's shape right now ...

Umm… But let's first confirm another issue that's been on my mind … Tilney said to herself.

“ I-Is … is that the guy you saw topless last night? When you accidentally saw him while bringing the food to his room?” (Tilney)

"Yes." (Tilney's co-worker)

“…” Tilney was speechless. She knew what her coworker was doing, but hearing that come out of her coworker own mouth and she confirmed it right away. Tilney felt it was quite different.

She then glanced at her co-worker who was still looking at the man. The man's condition seems to make Tilney's co-workers feel very sorry for him and the same was true of the women who passed by in front of that man.

His condition left the women devastated and feeling sympathy for him.

And of course, it was because of the looks factor that the man had that caused them to go that far according to Tilney.

Actually, his look is not to my taste. I think he's just so-so compared to the guy who said he couldn't read.

But it was enough to make the women passing by in front of him feel like they had to do something to him and Tilney also noticed that it seems that they were even more inclined to pick him up like an abandoned puppy and give him shelter.

Of course, the women who feel that way about him are women who mostly have looks that also have a so-so as well. Even worse, there are old housewives who also join in!

I don't know what they had in mind and what those expired old cats would do to him if they managed to get the man into their house.

Are they predators in human appearance?

Indeed there were beautiful women looking at him like those street walkers, but they just took a quick glance at him and just gave him a flyby like a racehorse.

"'Want me? Catch me with your money!' Maybe that's what the prostitutes had in mind. Exclaimed Tilney's co-worker, coincidentally after Tilney thought the same thing.

“…” (Tilney)

….

……

……….

"Oh, that's Mr. Casey and his party, I think?” Tilney exclaimed, noticing that several people were approaching the man.

"Oh, my." (Tilney's co-worker)

“Huh?” Something suddenly crossed her mind. She felt there was something fishy with her co-worker's reaction earlier.

“What?” Her co-worker noticed Tilney puzzled expression.

She needed to confirm something else again from her… said Tilney inwardly.

“H-have you seen them topless too?” (Tilney)

"Huh? No.” He answered, shaking his head. “All members of Mr. Casey party are too plain-looking except for Mr. Casey. He's looks not very presentable to me but he's so gallant in my opinion." She continued.

“…” (Tilney)

This person is beyond help! Her perverted disease had taken over her!!

Anyway, out of Tilney's curiosity as to what would happen to Mr. Casey and the man were bigger than her perverted co-worker problems. Tilney put aside the matter of her co-workers and use all her brain cell resources to concentrate on observing them.

" 'Sup, bro." (Casey)

“...” The man seemed to just take a quick glance at someone who greeted him, after he recognized who greeted him, he resumed his era of depression.

“Casey, who are you greeting? Huh? Who is this kid? You know him?" Asked one of Casey's party members walking towards Casey, and the rest of his party also approached him, curiously.

"Did you forget them? Can you remember the party from the Territory of Two Lords? The one with us in charge of escorting the merchants to this town? This man is one of them.” (Casey)

Tilney and her co-workers looked at each other as they got new information. The two of them continue to listen.

"Really? I only remember the guy who brought that weird ax and that one with weird longbow, hehe.” He chuckled. “Ehem. So, what's with him being so gloomy?” He approached the man. ”Hey, what’s wrong with you, kid?"

"Who knows. That's why I'm trying to ask him." (Casey)

Mr. Casey then returned his attention to the man.

"Hey, can I help you?" (Casey)

"..." The man was silent.

"Hey, bro. What happened?” (Casey)

"..." The man was still silent.

"Brother?" (Casey)

“...” The man remained unmoved and still did not talk.

"Hey, kid. Our leader is calling you. At least replied to his greeting first!” (One of Casey Party Members)

“...”

"Hey. I don't know what makes you so depressed, buddy. However, your friend, Unknown, I owe him a debt-.” (Casey)

“HUWHAAT!!! How much do you owe him, Casey? I told you, that none of us owe anyone!” Exclaimed one of Casey's party members all of sudden, the rest of Mr. Casey’s party members also showed the same unease.

"Listen. I don't owe him money. It's a debt of gratitude. A debt of gratitude." Mr. Casey emphasized that, trying to calm them down.

Not long after, he returned his gaze to the man, and at the same time, Mr. Casey seems noticed something from him.

"..." The man seems to begin to give a little attention to Mr. Casey after the name Unknown came out of Mr. Casey's mouth.

Mr. Casey, who noticed this small development, start to purse his lips because the kid was finally paying attention to him. He then continued his explanation.

"Listen. If you're afraid to owe us a favor for helping you, let's just say we're paying for it now.” (Casey)

“…” (The Man)

“So, do you mind telling-” (Casey)

“We kicked out.” Cut the man abruptly.

"-Us. Huh?" Mr. Casey faces immediately changed. “Kicked out? Kicked out, what?” Casey tried to confirm what he had just heard.

“We were kicked out of Ami's Inn. One of us is detained by some noble girl this afternoon, and the rest of my friend has not returned from their mission since this morning."

"What?"

Mr. Casey looked bewildered again It seemed like he couldn't digest the information the man was bombarding him with all at once. He rubs his chin, trying to process the information he just received.

Not long after, Mr. Casey spoke again.

"You were kicked out?"

“One of you was captured by one of the nobles?”

"Your friends haven't returned from the mission yet?"

"What mission?"

"What is the mission given by the Ega Party that Unknown wants to replace that night? To purge the bandit?"

"Does Ega allow Unknown to replace them in carrying out their mission on their behalf?"

"If you do the math, Unknown's party, they only have five members."

“One of them is in front of me now …”

"And the other one was detained by some noble daughter …"

“Dang it! They're only looking to die if it's just the three of them doing that mission!"

….

…….

“… Hey, hey! Why are you voice-over him like that? You just ruined the atmosphere!" Cut Tilney.

"If it's not explained to them, no one will understand!" Tilney's co-worker grumbled.

“ ‘They’ who? In fact, when you do that, you make people even more confused! Also, where did you get that information and that name?” Questioned Tilney

"You don't know who I am, Tilney?” She snorted. “I’m the queen of gossip in this inn, you know? I know eveeeeerything!" Bragged her.

“Ssh! Keep your voice down!” Pleaded Tilney.

“You want to understand what they're talking about too right? Mr. Casey spoke too quietly and I'm the only one who knows what he's going to talk about, you know?" Tilney's co-worker criticized.

That's not what I mean …

Tilney is speechless again towards her co-worker.

It is true that Mr. Casey's voice this time could not be heard by Tilney properly because he spoke in a fairly low voice. Perhaps because the content of the conversation was quite sensitive, and actually it’s true that Tilney also wanted to know what Mr. Casey was talking about.

However, because her coworker mentioned that information just earlier, Tilney now knew that her coworker already had crossed something, she had crossed the line! Her behavior in digging up that information could endanger herself and this Ami’s Inn reputation.

We are in no position to meddle with the guest affairs … her employee, Miss Rumi always warned her employees with that words, and the two of them who were mere inn workers, should not interfere too much in one's life's matters.

Moreover, this problem involves the adventurers, one of the person's professions which always creates a lot of conflicts of interest.

Just look when they want to share the rewards they obtained when they completed the missions. They often quarrel just because of that problem.

Their employer, Miss Rumi, always reminded them of various things like the previous example.

But the point remains the same. Their employer wants them not to interfere in the affairs of the guests of the inn, for the common good.

And as a co-worker who knows that, Tilney doesn't want the life she's lived to have a tragedy tucked in there.

"Hey, you still remember what Miss Rumi told us, don't you?" Stressed Tilney.

"Of course! Otherwise, I would have jumped in there to help that man already. Why am I still standing here, you think?” Tilney's co-worker retaliated.

Again, that's not what I mean!

To Be Continued

100% Accuracy and Grammatically Correct Not Guaranteed. Revisions, Corrections, and Edits Are Periodically Done. Corrections, Critics, and Suggestions Are Welcome, So Don't Hesitate to Leave Comments. Don't Forget To Bookmark and Favorite If You Enjoyed It.

2