Under The Moon: Under The Sun
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

POV: Madine, the second
Date: August 5, 1994
Time: 4:00 PM

I'm aware enough of what I look like to be able to take a jab or two, and even poke some at myself, so while I've got this opportunity to say something I'd like to say it. Here we are, the four of us since Lace and Darcy decided to join us, lazing about in the deep end of the wave pool on top of a bunch of inner tubes. Personally, I'm dragging my legs in the water behind me, and by breasts are dunked in the water through the middle of the tube. So here, I'm gonna say it and get it out of the way.

"Moo."

Elena looked up at me, either surprised by my animal sound, or she just didn't hear me. It is loud, this place, what with all the children screaming. She looked around to make sure she hadn't just heard someone else, then asked me about my being a cow. "What was that?"

Lace answered for me, since her hearing is apparently much better. "She said moo. She thinks she's a cow."

Darcy added her thoughts on the matter, floating by with her butt stuck in a tube. "If you really think about it, the real cows were the friends we made along the way."

"Moo, huh?" Elena leaned back, dipping the back of her head into the water. "Profound statement. Let me think of something to respond with." She was quiet for a bit, and just when I thought she wasn't actually going to say anything more, she came up with the answer she was looking for. "Baa."

Okay, smartypants, that's enough out of you. "I'm gonna make you make a different sound later."

Darcy was interested. "You're gonna make her make a different sound? Which sound?"

"She means loud screaming." Lace, being helpful as always. "They're gonna have some fun in bed, is what she's saying."

I mean, that is what I meant, but she didn't have to go and say all of that. Elena's face was already turning red, so I'm glad she didn't say more, which I know she could have. Lace isn't as innocent as she seems. I don't know why Elena is turning red though, this whole adventure was her idea.

I pulled my hand out from under me and pointed at her. "Don't blush now. You wanted this."

"Right. I know that!" She struggled to sit up properly and face me. "I just... okay, but we can't do it at my place."

Lower your voice, there are kids nearby. "Well, my place is in Detroit. So I guess we'll have to either rent a room somewhere or find a place in public where we can-"

"Okay, fine! My place!" Oh, come on, Detroit's not that bad. Being halfway across the country is a little bit of an issue, but love finds a way. She calmed down, finally realizing that there are other people who are beginning to wonder what she's shouting about. "Just... let me clean up before you go in, alright?"

Uh, okay, sure. Whatever floats your goat. "I say we get pizza on the way back, too."

"I'm down for pizza."

I splashed Lace. "Who invited you?" Leaving her, I kicked my feet and paddled my way over to Elena. "Seriously, I don't mind a messy apartment. I'm not gonna be looking at it very much, anyway, right?"

She looked away nervously. "It's not just the... the general mess. There isn't really a lot of mess, actually, it's uh..."

Oh, I see. I get it. Gotcha. "You don't need to hide your dildo, we can use that."

Her eyes went wide with horror. "I don't have a- That's not what I meant!"

You got me, then. I don't know what she wants to hide from me. Well, I'm a raisin now, so I think it's time to get out and start drying off. I think we can stick around for another two hours maybe? I don't know when exactly the park is closing, but I want to get some sunning in. Technically, I've gotten plenty of sun on my back here in the wave pool, and maybe I'll regret it later, but I mean some dedicated tanning hours. A good tan is good for a good girl. And also me.

"Anyway, I'm heading over to the chairs. Care to join me?"

Elena let out a sigh. "Yeah, I think I will."

Lace waved to us. "You go ahead without us. I'm staying here until I'm physically sick." That sounds about right for her.

As Elena and I reached the edge of the pool, I toppled myself into the water and grabbed her ankle, pulling her in as well. We abandoned our inner tubes and climbed out of the water. Something occurred to me, since I could now see her in her full soaked swimsuit glory, and I wanted to ask.

"So is purple like just your thing? Favorite color?"

She tugged on the shoulder straps for her top idly, which reminded me I should probably adjust mine just to be sure. While I was fixing that all up, she answered. "I guess you could say that. I just enjoy it, is all. Never really thought of it as my favorite or anything."

"That's fair. I like blue." She gave me a look that said she hadn't planned on asking. As we walked over to the area where all the chairs were, hoping to find some that weren't already occupied by beautiful women, I thought of something else to ask. "Okay, more important question, what toppings do you like on your pizza? Since we're getting some later."

"I've never had pizza before."

Oh my God, you have to be kidding me. I have to introduce her to the reason humanity was created. "Never had pizza, huh? I guess I get to witness your awakening. Shall we go with pepperoni and cheese, then?"

"Okay?" That was noncommittal. Can I get just a little more answer than that? "Wait, what's pepperoni? That's just round slices of red peppers, right?"

How have you survived this long, my dear child? "No... it's meat... you eat meat, right?"

"Not usually."

Wait, is she a vegetarian or something? "Why don't you eat meat?"

She shook her head. "No, I do sometimes, just not often. There just aren't that many I like." Huh... that's peculiar. Tell me more. "I don't like ham... or beef. Chicken is passable, but not really worth it. I really hate fish."

"Well pepperoni is pig meat, I'm pretty sure, but it's not the same as ham. It's like... halfway between ham and bacon, if you know what I mean."

"Bacon's okay."

That's a good start. We'll work on it together. "How about bread? You eat bread, right?"

"Mhm. None of that pumpernickel stuff, but if it's whole grain then yes."

"Okay, well, pizza is made with sourdough."

"Sour... as in, gone bad?"

"I... think... maybe? It's not actually gone bad, though. It's just gone through the process of going bad, but isn't bad yet. Or something like that. I have no idea, I just know it's called sourdough."

We found some chairs and sat down. She immediately lay on her chest and took off her top. I would too, but that'd be a little uncomfortable to stay in that position for two hours. I lay on my back instead, covering my eyes with my hand. That wasn't gonna work, so I took Elena's top and used it to block out the sun instead.

"Are you seriously using my top? I'm going to need that back."

"Yeah, yeah, just tell me when you need it, I'll lie on my side or something." Now I understand why John has sunglasses on him at all times. Or at least why I should too.

0