Escape
966 2 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With the keys in hand, Alice got to work and began to free everyone. However, of the nearly 200 strong battalion, there were only about 70 people present here, and only 50 of which were capable of fighting. The rest had either grievous wounds or had their hands injured or tortured.

Reality finally struck Alice as she realised something. Looking at the shoe marks, around 6 -7 people were able to escape from the camp, and since she was many days late, almost all of the 200 soldiers should have been present at the camp. However, only 50 capable soldiers were found. That could only mean two things.

"Hey, are there any more survivors?" Alice hesitantly asked some of the soldiers who were freeing the other soldiers and preparing for exiting the building.

The soldier's relieved expression suddenly turned gloomy as he spoke slowly.

"The Rolandians killed them all before setting their bodies on fire. Nothing was left of them except ashes."

Suddenly, Alice remembered the ashes littered throughout their own destroyed camp, and could almost feel the souls of her dead comrades within that soil.

However, before she could venture further in that direction, a notification came up.

============

Survival Quest- Escape

You have located the survivors of the disaster at the base camp. However, you must escape before time runs out.

Task: Escape the enemy camp within the time limit

Time limit: 2 mins

Task 2: flee to the nearest friendly camp to the north.

Mission reward: Increased Merits with the Leon kingdom. Increased awe from Leon soldiers. Increased fear from Roland soldiers.

Mission failure: Death

============

Jack had been observing her after giving up on Heron for the time being, and so had decided to reinvigorate her spirits. Although he wanted her to understand the truth of war, she still needed to get out of her current predicament before that.

'Damnit! Only 2 mins left'

"Alright! Everyone, listen up. I have created a smokescreen throughout the entire enemy camp, and I have missed in some Locosara Visser making it poisonous. So I need everyone to find some cloth and cover your noses and mouths. We have already prepared enough antidote for all of you, but we need to get out of this place first. All those capable of fighting please grab anything you find and be prepared. Although I wish to sneak out, I doubt things will go according to plan. Anyway, the moment you meet enemies numbering more than 2, everyone will disperse and escape the camp on their own. The rendezvous point is the closest Leon camp up north. Everyone got that?"

A few people nodded, but most stayed quiet. Not only because the person in front of them was just a squad captain, many ranks below themselves, but her plan might as well be saying she was deserting those who were injured and could not fight.

"Right. I know there are a lot of people above me in rank, if you do not wish to follow my order, so be it. But I do not care. You can talk about rank all you want, but it won't be of much use if you die here now would it? Anyway, I will be taking the lead, those who wish to follow me can do so. The rest can just sit around waiting to be publicly executed in Roland. Enjoy you time here guys."

With those words, Alice equipped her daggers once more and began to walk to the door.

Just before she opened it, she looked back to see how many wished to follow her, and how many were complete arrogant fools. To her surprise, everyone capable of walking was behind her, and those who were not were being helped by others.

"Good then, let's get out of here!" she whispered as she opened the door.

 

Announcement
Mass release!!!!
48