Traitor Markus and Direct Mission
783 3 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So… Who is your Lord?"

"The God of Systems, the bringer of salvation, Jack."

"God of systems…"

"Anyway, before that, more of the people I rescued should be coming. However, I'm sure some Rolandians might try to disguise as us and try to enter the forward base of command. You should be prepared for it."

Alice spoke as bluntly as before, leaving all the people in the room including the deputy-general in confusion.

'Does this squad captain want to be promoted for her deeds or demoted for not being able to flatter the general'

However, the general smiled at the bluntness.

'Hehe. Finally, someone as blunt as you my son.' Merlin spoke as he looked over at his deputy in the prime of his life, his son Morgan Von Snide.

"Well done soldier. You and your squad will be rewarded later on. For now, we need to prepare for the arrivals of injured soldiers. Dismissed."

With that, Alice lifted up the traitor who was hiding behind her and walked out, leaving the lieutenants stunned.

'Isn't he the same height as her, why did he seem so much smaller while being carried by her on her shoulder?'

However, they did not get to ask this question as Alice was already long gone.

In a private tent reserved for herself, Alice sat cross-legged in her uniform pants and shirt while looking over at the traitor in front of her.

"So, what is your name, traitor?"

"S- Stop calling me that!"

"Then give me a name, traitor."

"Tch. I am Markus"

"Just Markus?"

"Yep. That is what everyone calls me at the orphanage."

"Ah, I see…"

Silence reigned in the tent as Alice thought about why she did not rat him out. The reason was simple. She saw herself within him. All alone in this crazy world. Cast out into the unforgiving reality of having no one to rely on. However, in her last moments, she had found someone to rely on. It was the God of systems who had extended a hand to her in such times. Shouldn't it be her responsibility to reach out to others in the same way?

With this thinking, Alice spoke.

"Alright then, Traitor Markus, how about you join my squad?"

While Markus was being shocked by the proposal, Mason was meditating in a room the church or War had graciously offered to him, with 'Grace' attached to his leg. Suddenly, he received two notifications at once.

================

You have received 1 Mana stat point from training in Mana Training method: Path to Enlightenment

================

================

Direct Mission

Go with Duke Desmon and support him in his dukedom. Bring Don along with you and train him as well. Leave behind those soldiers who converted to my church. I have plans for them.

Time Limit: Unknown

Mission priority- B+

Mission reward: 2000 exp. Improved relations with Duke Desmon, Don, as well as the Leon kingdom.

Note: Mission priority shows how important each direct from the God of Systems is. The higher this rating, the more important it is. Even when conducting an existing Direct quest, a new direct quest of higher rating is to be acted upon immediately.

===============

Mason read through his first notification and had a slight smile.

'After 8 hours of training, it finally decided to give me another mana stat point!'

However, after reading the second notification, his face became serious. This was the first direct mission he had ever received, and it was naturally his obligation to follow the direct mission from the being that had saved his life on multiple occasions and gave him the abilities to survive and grow stronger. It could even be said that the God of Systems was the one responsible for what he was now.

Nodding internally, Mason jumped out of bed, now even more energetic than what he was before his leg got cut off due to the increased stats and 'Grace' which felt like a true leg to begin with.

"Let's do this!" [1]

[1] For some reason, I felt like writing "NIKE!" but then remembered that it does not exist in this world…. Or does it?! This is my world to begin with…. So Yknot? Lol.

Note: The above is just some random internal monologue I conduct while writing novels. I do this a lot. Peace!

Yoyo!!!
How's it going ya'll? ! month of 2021 is already over! Sheesh! Just thinking about age by god! in another year and some more, I will be 20 yrs old!!!!?!?!!!!

Announcement
End of mass release
44