Awaking Back In Time
2.9k 3 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meanwhile, currently at a separate time, as the soft golden sun gently rose into the light blue atmosphere, a single petal fell from a pink blossom on a branch of a tree. Instead of simply falling to the ground, it drifted calmly into a room.

Inside the room, a girl laid peacefully asleep. She had dark black hair swirled around her head, and her inner garments wrapped her around lazily as she slept. The flower petal gently landed on her forehead and seemed to melt into her temples. The wind picked up its speed and gently blew about while the trees appeared to began whispering secrets. Itchy echoes that followed about the direction of the breeze.

Suddenly, a loud gong boomed from outside, signaling the start of the day. Disciples dressed in white with blue trimmings started to file out of their rooms to begin their chores. With light grumbling of complaints, many of them quickly grabbed a broom with tips of dried twigs to start clearing the foundation of the sect. Many of them seemed only to be the age of the mere 10 to 18.

Inside the room, the girl awoke with a start. Her judgment was deeply scattered. This... what? Wasn't she dead? The girl took a deep breath. Feeling the air rushing into her lungs instantly complicated her thoughts.

She was still alive.

Daiyu was surprisingly calm, she was neither pleased nor angered. Rather, she was merely acting on instinct. She reached up and laid her right hand over her chest. The heavy hammering of her heart reminded her of her situation.

Alive.

Why?

How odd.

Swinging her legs from the bed, she slowly placed on her shoes. However, Daiyu soon stopped. Her eyes fixated on her small feet and hands. How? She clenched and unclenched her fingers.

This mole on between the web of her thumb and pointer finger.

She was in her body.

Just younger.

Was she given another chance?

She didn't think about it for too long because one thought was ranging in her head. It sounded like there was no end.

Shifu.

If she went back in time, she wanted to find her master. In her last life, there were too many things unsaid. Too many things she still regretted. She wanted to see the old man another time. Her left hand stretched out and swung her outer robe over her body. The white cloth gently settled against her skin. While her action was precise, but it wasn't a surprise. After all, Daiyu did this for many years after she practiced taking over the sect leader position.

She pushed out her hands, and the wooden door before her swung open. The loud sound quickly alerted the other disciples in the area.

A younger female disciple rushed over to her, politely greeting, "Senior sister."

However, when the disciple lifted up her head, her heart stopped in her throat. Was senior sister always this menacing? Why were her eyes so dull? It was like she wasn't even looking at her but rather past her.

Daiyu nodded, "Junior sister Jingfei."

Daiyu's eyes ran over the girl again. How odd. Wasn't this the same girl who refused to help her in the past life, always trying to overstep her lines? Daiyu paused. She stood there, staring at the other girl who was frozen stiff. Daiyu finally moved away without any interest. Taking full strides, she made her way toward her master's residence.

Passing past the stalks of green bamboo and roughly carved stone walls, Daiyu arrived at her master's section. It was strange how she cried endlessly when he died, yet she felt nothing at this moment. All the complaints she carried for so long no longer mattered at this moment. All she held were regrets that still lingered from her past life.

All the things she never said.

All the things she never did.

Daiyu would make them come out of her heart.

She didn't want to hold on to regret in this life.

Stopping at the door, Daiyu called out to her master, "Shifu."

There was no answer from within, yet Daiyu smiled. Gently pushing in the doors, Daiyu stepped carefully into the room. Inside the room, an old man was seated on a straw mat with his eyes closed. The air around him was swaying gently. Daiyu looked at him, slowly took in his kind face, his deep wrinkles, and his wispy white hair. She locked them all in her memory.

You haven't changed.

Shifu, this child wronged you.

I never had the chance to thank you for your kindness.

Without disturbing her master, Daiyu quietly tidied up the room. Using a clean cloth, she wiped any growing dust, cleared his table, and placed his books in order. Her small limbs were unused to the distance between her, and the object left her awkwardly clashing with the stone table or bumping into the wall. Still, Daiyu continued with a slight smile on her face. After a while, the old man opened his eyes. His bright gray eyes stared back at her. However, his thoughts were unknown. Without saying a word, the two continued to stare at each other. The old man sighed and turned away. Walking to where his books were, he didn't spare Daiyu another glance.

Finally, Daiyu spoke out.

"Master."

The old man didn't look at her.

"I made up my mind. I'll learn the six-claws dragon technique. I'm willing to take over your position. So please enlighten this disciple."

I didn't mean what I said that day.

All that I owed you will be paid back.

So please forgive me... this simple and silly child who never knew better.

Okay, so she's not completely heartless. She still knows right from wrong. It's more like she can't love or hate anymore (more towards the ML.) She doesn't realize this herself yet. As you can see, she totally forgot about Guiren. As for her master, this is more of a regret that she wants to fulfill. She wants to say sorry. FL is going back in time earlier than ML so she can develop more.

37