CHAPTER 3: The 2nd male lead is an embarrassment
123 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*sigh*

I let out another sigh as I looked over the kids.

The gravel on the ground has now tuned into rubble, the air now full of dust. And in the main arena were two 5 year olds who were supposed to be practice controlling their mana and working as a team. But instead were trying to run around shooting flames and rocks everywhere to outdo and keep up with the older knight.

Like a man playing tag with little children.

“Have they gotten any better at controlling their powers?” I inquired the supposedly substitute teacher while I was away.

“M- Mi-Miss A- Agnes that is…” This dumb knight commander was probably just letting the kids do whatever they wanted. To think it didn’t result to another reckless explosion while I was away is already a miracle.

“Sir Renwald, I believe that the last we spoke was whether the Prince will be able to partake in activities and learn from the knights.” I glared at him while he stares at the ground. “But from what I see, you’re all just doing his bidding. Not only were you spoiling him, being in the squadron has not even taught him anything. The main reason we even agreed to allow the prince to join was to gain experience and a sense of duty.”

“…”

Seriously are they treating the next in line of the throne as a pet?

“Excuse me Miss.” A child with tan skin and golden eyes appeared beside Renwald. “My brother was trying his best! He did his best!” He speaks louder, trying to defend his brother.

“Frank stop this!” Renwald chides the child and pats Frank’s spiky dark green hair.

“And what did he do his best in?” I ask.

“My brother taught the prince to be stronger in the battle field! The prince can now make fireballs so big” He emphasizes this by motioning a big ball with his arms. “That none of the other knights can even do!” He finishes with such pride in his eyes.

Such a stupid little muscle headed 2ndmale lead.

“Oh, and is being able to make a huge flame that way without being able to stabilize it very good?” Should I talk more in child like terms? I’m not really sure this kid understands how terrifying that amount of power can be…

“Of course!” I felt the tips of y mouth twitching in irritation.

“Then let me ask you, do you not care whether or not the lives of other people will be sacrificed for the sake of showing off? To claim power?” are you an idiot who thinks war is the only solution to the kingdom’s problems?

I feel like he does not equate a medal of valor to all the lives shed for war.

He just sees it a shiny medal he ‘deserves’ because he did his job.

And that the other side of the war doesn’t have families that they need to protect as well.

I know that its human nature to want to be praised but…

Do the lives of people not matter as long as they “win’?

As long as there is an option not to have bloodbath…

I think that would be best.

“The duty of being a knight is to protect the people!” He answers defensively.

“Yes but, during the time the Prince lost his concentration and just willingly let the blast out to show how powerful he is… was it worth the lives of the people in the tower?” the question seems to make him ponder for a while. I looked back at the Prince and Elizabeth.

I’ve already disciplined them of what happened but I wonder if that Prince really kept it in mind.

This shoujo like storyline… I’m not really sure if the life I’m living… and the people around me live with rose-colored glasses. Will they just live up to the storyline or will they live for themselves?

“Being a capable person does not mean that you could ruin buildings to reach your goal. What’s best for you may not be the best option for others.” I looked back at him “The Prince could have practiced without making repercussions. There are so much more things to think about other than strength. Being able to strategize and find ways to reach the kingdom’s goal of a peaceful life is a hard process. But fighting power with power is not always an option.”

I looked back at Renwald. “The prince was here to learn empathy, comradely, and perseverance. “ He flinches as I emphasize each word.

“He’s just a kid.” He murmurs.

“Spoiling him now that he’s still a kid, do you think he’ll grow up well?” I mean look at what he did to my adorable little cousin. Falling for the female lead while still keeping the engagement. Not following proper etiquette! Dancing and holding another female’s hand while his fiancée is on the sidelines!!!

Just because he’s the crown prince doesn’t mean he can have anything he wants.

I really have to confirm if this Prince right now only cares for Elizabeth because he’s supposed to or because he’s the closest female his age.

And help remove both of their disillusioned state if they are in one.

 

 

I’m not a big fan of main leads … I don’t know why I tend to fall for their friends stories (background characters) more.

When I was talking about power I kept thinking of Pearl singing ‘stronger in the real way~” hahaha in Steven Universe. Haven't watched that show since i was too tired from work.

Trying to be as lighthearted as I can since I’m kind of stressed and in need for something comedic in my life.

 

6