CHAPTER 4: The villainess and prince’s relationship
108 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day ended with both the children too tired to proceed with the next lesson.

“We’ll end the class here.” I closed the book and heard both of them sigh in relief.

“Elizabeth! W-would you like to walk in the garden with me?” Benjamin asks. His ears a slight tinge of pink.

Elizabeth looks back at me with a pleading look, which Benjamin follows.

“Alright, I’ll ask the maid to call for the carriage after an hour or two.” I fiddled the small potion in my dress pocket. I’ll take this time to see how both of them interact by themselves.

Thank goodness the queen approved of my request to watch over the kids. I’ll need to file over a report but I kind of feel like the Queen really does approve of my little cousin. It’s just the matter of what both children’s feelings are in the matter.

They’re still young. Though it’s uncommon in my past life for kids as young as them to be pressured into marriage. The game’s setting made it follow whichever historical era it’s supposed to be.

Damn it! Why don’t I even have a cheat at least???

“Thank you!” they both respond and quickly rush towards the garden.

“Don’t run!” I reminded but it they’ve already ran pass the door.

I need to see whether or not there’s still a possibility to keep both of their friendship intact and know the reason why the prince suddenly kept Elizabeth away from him.

If it was about his mother…

That’s another problem…

But from what I knew Elizabeth still kept visiting him, trying to keep him company and held his hand till they had to enter school.

Why dis he change his type to that announcer… erm heroine, Clara Becker?

I let out another deep sigh…

I’m not really sure how to advance with what little knowledge I know~

It would have been nice if I were a doctor or a businesswoman in my past life… I could have help heal the Queen or have easily made a lot of money and just secure my future with that.

Tsk…

“Whatever” I drank the potion in one go.

I quickly walked though the halls and out of the palace, rushing towards the garden finding both kids sitting and playing with flowers.

‘That’s kinda cute’ I sit a bit closer to them. Making sure not to make a sound. The prince is a bit sensitive to mana, so I had to drink that weird tasting potion instead.

“Prin-“

“Elizabeth~ you promised that you wouldn’t call me that when we’re alone!” Benjamin quickly reminds.

“Sorry~” Elizabeth pleads while holding on to both of his hands.

“Father says that you’re my fiancé! A fiancé is someone who I’ll marry one day!” Right you are but you still chose a random loud-mouthed girl… wait I shouldn’t be so salty when he hasn’t even done anything! Geez it just a bit hard to stay neutral when you know the possible future!

I can see Benjamin smiling brightly like the sun.

Wow that’s some strong male lead aura for a twerp like you.

“When we’re both married… we’ll live together and see each other everyday!” Benjamin face was as red as a tomato right now. I feel like he doesn’t even know why he’s embarrassed with this confession, but he just loves the idea of being with Elizabeth that he cant help but radiate excitement and devotion.

“Me too.” Elizabeth whispers. “I want to always be by Benjamin’s side.” She says a bit louder. Looking straight in his eyes.

‘Yup, it isn’t shoujo till you have a childhood like romance of a storyline like this.’

‘So they really do like each other for now.’

‘Then its after 2 years when Benjamin loses his mother that they start to tear apart? Is that the start of it?’

I quietly stood up to leave and give them some space. Elizabeth and the Benjamin have at least half an hour before the carriage arrives.

“huu huu”

“What?” I suddenly hear an animal cry near me. The cry was getting louder as I near the bushes. ‘What kind of creature would even be here? Wasn’t the garden guarded 24/7?’ I wondered as I moved the leaves to the side.

A small creature bundled with black fur with drooping ears and... Fresh blood around its tail???

“What the heck!” I quickly took the animal in my arms. I might not have the best healing powers but I think I can help even just a bit before I ask the palace healers for help.

The small creature suddenly struggles out of my arms, barring its fangs. “Wait! Wait! I’m just healing you! Give me just a second!” I try to compose myself. Can this little thing even understand what I’m saying? I have never encountered an animal this abused before. How reckless can this creature’s owner be! I sped through the hallways and finally reached the medical section of the palace.

The creature slowly quiets down as it gets sedated.

Now that I’ve takes a better look at it. It looks kind of like a circular puppy. A furry looking ball with small arms and legs protruding out of its body, a pair of long black ears and medium length pink tail.

A wolf pup?

I remembered reading a book about animals once I got my bearing in this world. The Original Agnes usually spent her time with Elizabeth or kept to herself in the library. One of the books she read was about creatures found deep in the forest. For an introvert like Agnes, she’d rather read and research about them than take time to go out with a group of adventurers and see it for herself.

Creatures in this world are like Digimons, evolving with the help of magical items.

“How could a wolf pup as young as this even enter the palace without any of the knights knowing?” The healer asks.

“If no one takes care of this pup, will it remain here?” I change the subject. In any case, I feel like something’s not right.

“We can’t keep the pup here. There are some people with allergies that may come or the pup may suddenly go wild once it wakes up.” The tail was now rid of the wet bloodstains.

“I’ll take care of him.”

 

 

 

I’m hoping to be able to write more pages as time goes on!!! I forgot how to make time and just keep writing. Haha I’ve been a reader for too long that the most writing I did was just possible theories and what not.

Thanks for reading!!!

6