CHAPTER 5: Agnes tries to befriend a puppy
112 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

“I’ll take care of him.”

 

Across the corner of the room chained to the wall was the wolf pup. I really didn’t want to keep it there but it was the best option at the moment. It’s still staring like it wants to tear down my limbs.

 

“Hey” I step closer.

 

*growls*

 

Geez, I’ve always wanted a pet when I was still the past me, I wasn’t able to because I really couldn’t afford its needs, but I did have friends who asked me to baby sit their fur babies.

 

But I’ve never handled a puppy with a menacing look like this.

 

I lowered myself to its height. “I’m Agnes, I found you hurt near the palace garden.” It stops growling as if acknowledging me to go on. Does this pup understand human language?

 

“I’m willing to take care of you till you’re fully healed.” I still doubt how you were able to get into the garden without alerting any of the guards.

 

“I’ll also bring you back to the forest after.” I don’t think I can really help much with it. I still have my duties and Elizabeth to take care of. I just need enough time to understand why I felt that sudden apprehension when I saw it. It might be because of the owner or the puppy being part of the red flag Elizabeth has to overcome.

 

And I can’t exactly ask the puppy to bring me to its owner. I wouldn’t want to bring it back to someone that abused him. But I also need to figure out what kind of person would be reckless enough to bring what looks like an experimented animal in the palace? For what purpose?

 

“For now, would it be alright to name you?” I can’t exactly call you pup this whole time can I?

 

*woof* it irks me that it seems like it just dismissed me.

 

“Fenrir, that the name I’m giving you.” I respond and stood back up.

 

“My Lady, I heard you called for me?” Ah, that’s probably Marie the head maid.

 

“Yes, Marie you can come in.” Marie was one of the closest person to Agnes as she practically almost raised Agnes in her teenage years.

 

The Elanors were a branch family of the villainess’ Hadleigh Family Tree. The Hadleighs were usually dukes or someone with high ranking in the palace. Being one of the King’s loyal advisers. Yves Hadleigh, Elizabeth’s dad become one of the few people not only acknowledged by the King himself but by other nobles as well.

 

A duke famous for being kind and giving charity to the needy. He had made a few businesses to help fellow people find jobs and have a steady income.

 

When I arrived in this world, one of the first things I tried looking into was my own family and Elizabeth’s. My friend had told me about the end of the Hadleighs as the ‘happy ending’ of each route in the otome game. How could a kingdom who looked up to the Hadleighs suddenly turn on them so fast?

 

It couldn’t just be because of Elizabeth right? If it were, wouldn’t that be too harsh of a punishment?

 

They’ve been supporting so much people and business how could the kingdom have remained strong after?

 

If it has something to do with the King… then I’d need to find someway to move the family to a safer place or find the root of the problem.

 

My mother, Gabrielle being one of Elizabeth’s father’s first cousin and close friend. Yves saw my constitution for studies that and how Elizabeth was close to me. Recommended me as a tutor for the Prince and Elizabeth. For him I was an insurance to make sure that his child wouldn’t get hurt.

 

In addition, my father was a retired Knight Commander, and a close friend of the King. Through these connections I was able to stand where I am now. Agnes was proud and made sure that no one would doubt in her skills. Because Agnes was a child who liked to do things by herself, her parents were comfortable enough to leave her be while they went to business trips for the family head.

 

“Actually I wanted to ask if you’d be able to take care and feed Fenrir“ I pointed to the puppy, still glaring at me. Marie’s a person I can trust not to fail me. If something ever happens to this little one I’m sure she’ll be able to handle it. “It’s a little bit troubled but I think it can understand enough to know not to bite the hands that feeds him.” At least I hope it does.

 

From what I remembered as Agnes, Marie is a trained maid and even though she’s quite old she still has a few tricks in her sleeves.

 

“Understood.”

 

Wait…

 

Fenrir didn’t even bark or growl when she came in?

 

Heck it seems like it looking tamed at the sight of her?

 

???

 

 

“It seems very tamed Miss.” Marie says as she pats Fenrirs head.

 

 

I felt my mouth twitch at the sight.

 

I wonder if it just hates people with mana? Is that it? I mean if the owner was a mage he might have used the wolf pup as an object to experiment with? I’ll need more evidence if that possible.

 

“Call for a healer tomorrow to check up on Fenrir.” I need to be there to check on it just in case. I also have a few questions the healer might have the answers to.

 

Experimenting, I try to go near Fenrir. To which he responds by going back to his corner and lying on bed and growls.

 

Really just ignoring me? Oh what the hell. After you’re healed we both won’t need to see each other after.

 

I just need to care for you till I’m sure you or your owner isn’t a threat to the family. Then free you to the nearby forest.

 

We both just need to bear with it.

 

 

 

 

I was so stressed in this chapter because I accidentally deleted and saved it… goes to show that you shouldn’t be half awake when you do things…. URGHHHHHHHHH

 

Now I’m stuck trying to remember 4 pages of text!

 

Well anyways

 

Thanks for reading!

5