CHAPTER 7: Fenrir is just a ‘normal’ wolf pup?
53 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

There was noting but excruciating silence as one woman stared and the doctor who was being glared at by the pup.

 

“M- Mi-Miss! Er… there seems to be no problem with your pet?” Fenrir growls at the mention of being called a ‘pet’.

 

“No injuries? Scars? Signs of abuse or poison from potions? Any mana? Mana fluctuations? He just healed himself?” Agnes doubted.

 

‘Is it even possible for Fenrir who looked like he had been experimented his whole life before taken cared of to be healed as if nothing happened?’ she stares at the pup who still had his attention on the doctor. ‘It’s been less than a week… is that even possible? He was bleeding profusely when I met him. Even a light wound would take at least a week to fully heal.

 

“N-None at all… didn’t M-miss adopt him in a-a she-lter?” the doctor quickly let go of Fenrir and fixed his equipment. There was an unspoken rule to that a citizen of the Kingdom should report if there were illegal trafficking. Though many turn their heads away from anything the ‘rich’ does to avoid being targeted, there were still many who silently go to the guards to make idle gossips.

 

“Yes, I was told he had a very quite peculiar owner before me so I just needed to check on everything.” I gently smiled.

 

“O-oh!” the doctor rubs his head feeling ashamed of even doubting the Miss’ personality.

 

“Thank you again for you time Doctor, I’ll be sure to reimburse you generously.”

 

“Ahh… No thank you Miss… I’m just doing my job that’s all.”

 

Agnes takes the bell to ring for a maid. “I’ll help see you off doctor.” Agnes, still smiling brightly leads the doctor out of the room before he could refuse. “I’ve already called for a carriage as well.”

 

She stops and looks back.

 

“It would be nice if the doctor would keep silent about me having found a wolf pup.”

 

“???”

 

“Like I’ve said Fenrir had some circumstances that caused him to get hurt. We’re still in the process of finding the culprit and would like to keep a low profile for now.” She gives him a sad smile. “That little dear had gone though so much that I… As a citizen of Ulynsus I can’t… I have to…” She stops her eyes glassy from the tears.

 

“Mi-miss Agnes! Of course I wouldn’t do anything hasty! Everyone knows of the Eleanor’s tradition of being loyal scholars to the kingdom. I – I understand that these things must be hard for the miss to see such things happening to the kingdom.” He takes a hold of her hand, eyes shining with understanding.

 

Perfect.

 

“The carriage has arrived.”

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

*Rrr*

 

“Don’t even bother trying to take out those little teeth of yours.” I sat across the puppy watching the door.

 

“That doctor wont even dare say anything.”

 

*?* Fenrir tilts his head sideways.

 

“No one would believe him anyways.” I almost want to pat his head if not for the knowledge that he’d try to bite my hand of if he had the chance.

 

“The family name ‘Eleanor’ while under the Hadleigh Family mad it’s name known for making scholars who would pass down knowledge to the crown prince and princess. A ‘clean’ and neutral family who has not yet made a mistake and has been loyal to the Kingdom for generations.” I explain.

 

‘That is until the otome game starts and we’ll also go down with the Hadleighs’

 

“So you don’t need to worry and just try to properly heal yourself so you can leave.” I get up and start preparing to go to the library.

 

I look back to see the pup still staring.

 

“Do you want to come with me?” Or are you trying to tell me that your still deciding of you’d still want to leave? I’ve once heard that domesticated animals couldn’t be brought back to the wild as they lack the instinct and would be vulnerable to predators.

 

I get a bit closer to him, bending down to his height. “Don’t get mad.” I speak and Fenrir just sits a few inches away from me. “If I’d offer for you to live in this place. Would you?”

 

He stays silent for a while as if contemplating the pros and cons.

 

‘I don’t really need to take care of you… I’m just a bit worried since you’re my responsibility now.’I feel my mouth wanting to crack into a frown.

 

‘I just really have an instinct that you’re also one of the clues I’ll need to figure out. I mean a hidden experiment inside the palace walls. There could be something that the otome world didn’t get into but is really some important hint!’

 

‘Isn’t that how some isekai stories go?’

 

“If you need time to think I’ll be at the library…” I feel a tug on my dress.

 

‘hmm?’

 

“Oh have you decided?”

 

 

 

 

 

I feel like I make Agnes talk to Fenrir too much but at the same time I just want her to find someone to talk to because she cant really say her opinions out loud to just anyone, and it’s safer to talk to Fenrir since he cant speak.

 

Which makes me wonder if I do get sucked into a game world, I might just go crazy!!! Even being a passerby is dangerous!

3