Chapter 15: Problems, problems and more problems
3.5k 11 111
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the slimes fell to the ground, a small earthquake happened all around the area.

Although this startled a bit the group of warriors and archers, they were still experimented warriors and they took their fighting stance as soon as the slimes began to move.

"Sir alchemist, go behind us, we will protect you!" The captain said with a worried voice when he saw me not moving from the front.

"Don't worry about me, alchemy is not the only thing I know" I said before taking out my Silver sword.

Like my wooden sword, this one looked really beautiful, unlike any silver sword I have seen before. The blade shone and reflected the sunlight with a hypnotic aura around it, making everyone that saw it for the first time exclaim in awe. Moreover, to make this weapon even more awesome, the sword handle had a beautiful engraving of flowers and vines crawling from the lowest part of the handle to the upper part of it.

The group of people behind me gasped in astonishment, Probably because they were impressed by my sword or by the fact that I materialized the sword just from thin air.

The slimes didn't actually have the same attack pattern as in the game, In this world they didn't have the span of a few seconds before every jump...

No.

Once injured they could start jumping around at full speed in a zic-zac like movement in the direction of their enemy, making it a lot harder to actually predict their attacks.

However, that was all there was to it.

Even if they were stronger than in the game, They were still slimes.

My perfectly trained senses and reflexes excelled when facing this type of enemies that attacked just based on their instincts.

There's no way I trained all this time just to be F*cked up by a Sh*tty slime.

It was then...

My mind concentrated at its maximum potential, everything around me seemed to had slowed down, and I started perceiving every single detail in the surroundings.

I could perceive the slight breeze going through the battlefield right now.

I could perceive almost every single leave of the trees around me moving along with the wind.

And more importantly, i could feel the movements of the slimes.

This was a state of mind that I developed when my skill in swordsmanship reached Master-level. However, as far as i have deducted this state triggers only when you are in an extremely dangerous situation. Luckily, thanks to my extremely developed mind, I was able to somewhat control it at will, deactivating and activating it almost whenever i wanted.

The slimes bounced at a terrifying speed towards me, each of their bounces created a small shockwave through the ground due to their extreme weight, something that intimidated the people behind me.

When they were near enough, all of them jumped with extreme force on my direction with the intention of turning me into meat paste.

However, they ended up attacking the thin air instead of me...

I was already behind them grinning sadistically with a torch on my hand.

A long of time ago I ended learning the bad way that this world was not the game i used to play, it was reality.

I understood that the people here were not bound by the rules of Terraria had.

But...

Didn't that mean that i was unbound from these rules as well?

That's when I started experimenting with everything my system had.

Although some of my powers were bound to rules similar to those in the game, there were a few exceptions.

In the game you were only able to attack enemies with objects that dealt damage.

Torches of course were not available as an attack object.

However, this wasn't the game right?

So basically I could use anything in my inventory to attack, anything, even torches.

Then tell me... What happens when we have an object that generates a fire that doesn't extinguish unless you pour water on it, and use it on a living being that is extremely inflammable?

They burn until they die, unable to extinguish the ever lasting flame of the torch.

I looked at the group of slimes that was still a bit disoriented due to my sudden disappearance. I then glanced at the torch in my hands with a small grin on my face.

I proceeded to stab one of the slimes with the burning side of the torch, its body ignited into flames the moment the torch made contact with it. The other slimes however, tried to attack me once again, failing miserably and earning another burning slime.

This continued for a while until they finally ended all burning, not dying tho, they were really unnecessarily resistant.

"Now it's the opportunity to attack them while they are being burned alive!" I yelled at the group of warriors and archers that were watching my actions dumbfounded since a while ago.

However, they still reacted rapidly to my command, readying themselves to attack and slay the slimes without mercy.

 


The fight ended with just some warriors being sightly burned or injured.

So you could say that we did fairly well, even against seven ice slimes.

Luckily, they weren't spiked ice slimes.

Those guys are nightmares...

Anyways...

Who the hell where those people that threw the slimes at us?

Their clothing seemed oddly familiar, though I may be just imagining things.

That was when I noticed something that stopped all my thoughts.

I looked towards the sky with an extremely worried expression.

And why the heck couldn't i be worried?!

It was getting dark!

The F*cking slimes delayed us so that we couldn't arrive in time to the nearest village!

Sh*t...

"Captain!" I yelled towards the man that was currently checking on the injured.

"What is it sir?" He asked with a dumbfounded expression after seeing me so pissed.

"The night will arrive in a few minutes, and we won't make it to the village in time, so we need to start moving immediately and look for shelter somewhere in this place" I told him.

His face went pale when he noticed the gravity of the situation. After that, he started telling his men to prepare for leaving, after telling the situation, all of them became anxious as well and started preparing things at full speed.

In less than 10 minutes we were ready to leave.

"I need you guys to be extremely vigilant of the surroundings, so you can see if there're zombies on the surroundings, or if there's any cave where we can stay for the night" I yelled at them, which they only answered with a nod.

We continued walking through the snow until we were finally able to find a cave.

And just on time, because our surroundings were already pretty dark, that meant that night was just about to arrive.

"But Sir Aspen, even if we found this cave, the zombies will detect us and enter easily this cave since there's nothing blocking the entrance"

"Don't worry, i have that already covered" I said while walking towards the entrance.

I selected the dirt blocks from my inventory and started closing the entrance so that we could be fully protected inside it.

When I finished closing the entrance, I turned around only to see all the people there looking at me even more dumbfounded than before.

Sigh...

After taking a seat leaning my back to the walls of ice of this cave, i began explaining my abilities to the people, obviously omitting certain things and sometimes lying.

I actually didn't have that many problems with showing my abilities to the people, however, i still kept them hidden just in case.

Better to prevent than cure, right?

In the end they ended up accepting the explanations i gave of my abilities, since they already saw it, I couldn't lose anything telling them.

It's not like I was a psychopath that could kill every one of them and then say "You have seen too much..." just because they saw me using my abilities.

I actually didn't care that much about it.

*Crack!*

I was still talking with some people about how awesome were my powers, when the sound of ice shattering echoed around the cave.

When I used the torch to illuminate the place, i saw something that made me turn pale instantly.

An arm...

An arm was coming out from the ground.

Just like the zombies do in the movies.

An arm comes out from the tomb and the zombie starts to make his way to the surface.

But this was hundreds of times more terrifying than in the movies.

It was then...

*Shatter!*

*Crieeeck!*

*Crrrrrrrrrck!*

*Craack!*

Many hands came out from the ground of the cave at the same time...

We were being surrounded by zombies.

 


I think that uploading this late has become a routine for me...

Sigh

Anyways, i'm really sleepy right now, so I'm going to sleep right now.

Tell me your opinions on the comments!

Bye.

 

111