Chapter 27: F*ck you real life
3k 15 115
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 27: F*ck you real life

After charging furiously towards inside the cave the bats that were watching me in silence became alerted and charged at me while letting out their horrible screeches.

*SCREEEEEECH!!*

*SCREEEEECH!!*

*SCREEECH!!*

*SCREEEEEEEEEEECH!!*

*SCREEEEEEEECH!!*

As soon as the fight started I summoned a few more birds using my full mana reserves. And although I managed to increase our numbers, we were still being outnumbered by the incredible amount of bats on the other side of the cave.

So I needed to take care of some of them before they reached this place.

"Alright guys, attack directly at the wings! We cannot let all of them to participate on the battle!" I yelled while pointing my finger at the horde of bats coming in my direction with enraged expressions.

When they heard my orders, Neo and the other guys flew directly to the battle without needing me to add more explanation.

The bats that saw weak little birds fly directly at them just opened their mouths waiting for easy food, just like the bat from before did when he saw Neo.

And before they could even notice it, all the birds flew past their mouths as they were unable to receive damage, and ripped the wings of many bats that were still unaware of the situation.

*SCREECH?!*

Of course, I was not staying idle all this time. I was actually shooting fire arrows directly at the wings of the bats too, and I must say, it didn't help at all that they were fast as fuck. Tho I still managed to take down a few.

In the end the bats noticed the danger the little birds represented and started dodging their attacks while still advancing directly towards me. Like they knew I was the summoner.

"These fuckers are quite clever huh?"

At most, with our first attack we managed to take at least more than fifteen bats that fell directly to the ground. Probably breaking some of their bones due to the altitude from where they were flying before being shot down.

However, the amount of bats flying directly at me seemed to still have at least twenty or more on their group.

And there was the fact that they wouldn't fall for the same trick again.

I drank Ironskin, Regeneration, Night owl, and swiftness potions before taking out my Silver sword and concentrating my mind to its maximum.

As everything began to slow down, and my senses hightened, I felt my mind being assaulted by a sharp pain for a moment, however, in this situation I knew I had to concentrate fully on the bats and ignore this pain. Or else I could be dead any time.

I dodged a few of the bats that attacked me and struck some others with my sword the moment they were in front of me. But even with my improved senses in this state, I couldn't be able to handle the amount of bats that were still coming at me. Luckily Neo and the others were still there to help me fight.

You have dealt 21 damage
You have received 25 damage
You have dealt 17 damage
You have received 14 damage
You have dealt 42 damage! Critical hit!
You have received 19 damage

Even though I barely managed to dodge some of their attacks, the small scratches they managed to inflict actually still dealt that much damage to my body. And eventually I started to became overwhelmed by the amount of bats surrounding me.

"I think its time for Plan B huh?"

I took out gel balls from my inventory and threw them directly at the faces of the bats, this was followed directly by a fire arrow that landed on the forehead of this little bastards and ignited it instantly. Burning their mouth, eyes and hears instantly.

After blinding a few of them I took my distance and placed some stone blocks around me like a big wall to prevent them from finding me.

As for the ones that could still see... Neo and the others took care of them.

After drinking a few healing potions, I started firing arrows directly at the wings of the blinded bats in order to cut their only way of escaping.

*Ftch!*

*Fwish!*

*SCREEEECH!!*

One, two, three, aaand... four down.

Sigh... if this guys gave XP, I could have leveled up so much...

Nothing can be done.

As soon as we were able to incapacitate all the bats, I kicked them until they fell to the ground beneath the entrance of the cave, so that they could reunite with their companions from before that were agonizing on the floor with broken bones and unable to fly again.

*Ptuh* I spat the blood on my mouth that came from a small wound that these guys made me while I was dodging their attacks.

"Now then" I turned my head and looked directly at the Life crystal on the distance.

*Chirp!* 

"No Neo, that's not food... well, not exactly..."

Sigh...

I just ignored the comments of my companion and started building a bridge in order to reach the place where the Life Crystal was without falling to the ground a lot of meters beneath me.

It was like building a bridge from one cliff to another in order to connect them.

It didn't take long before I managed to reach the other side of the cave where the Life crystal was.

However, one thing prevented me from approaching and breaking immediately the crystal.

"Blood?"

The area was covered in a thick smell of blood, and the crystal was laying on top of a small puddle of the said crimson liquid. The surrounding rocks and stones were also covered in a deep red color, like the whole place was made from blood.

"Hey system, why does the surroundings look like that around the Life crystal?"   

...

 

...

 

"Welp, I guess it was worth a try. I guess this system is still as silent as before..."

I approached the Life Crystal and broke it without hesitation

*Creack!* 

The Crystal broke and then appeared on my inventory. When I took it out to see it, a miniature version of the said crystal appeared on my hand.

Now...

"How the hell do I absorb this thing?"

Maybe It has something similar to mana inside that I have to absorb?

I concentrated my mana senses, but failed to feel anything inside it.

I tried lifting it in a Simba pose before I started screaming like crazy, trying to feel my hidden power within my body. However, it proved to be worthless.

"The hell?"

Maybe I have to pulverize it?

Hmm... but if I'm wrong I will end up breaking one of the most important items that I could have found inside this cave...

In the end I tried many different methods but all of them ended up being useless.

I guess It's all or nothing...

I used my full force on the crystal, and it soon broke like a frail piece of glass. However, the little shards soon turned into powder and a strange red glow covered my full body.

"What is-?"

Before I could even pronunce one more word I felt a really sharp pain on my mind. It was so powerful that it made me kneel and scream in pain.

It felt like thousand needles were penetrating slowly deep into my skull.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!"

Neo and the other birds flew around me scared about what was happening to me right now.

*Chirp!!*

As a few seconds passed, the pain on my head lessened, and I became able to stop my screams and to stand for a bit.

However, I soon fell to the ground once again. This time not because of pain, Instead It was like my body was being summited to thousands of memories from other lives per second.

You heard me right, my BODY was. Not my mind.

You could call it something similar to muscle memory. The fears, the traumas, the experiences the body assimilated as instincts from other people or other beings, all of them surfaced through my body and bonded with it.

It was a really a strange and unpleasant experience, however, not a painful one.

Soon the feeling disappeared, as the memories I thought my body bonded with were erased too, like they were never there to begin with.

I was the same from before breaking the crystal...

I stood up and prepared my self to open my status once again, but fell to the ground once again.

IS IT FUNNY TO DO THIS?!

This time it was all pain.

A pain on my whole body

Like everything inside my body was being destroyed and reconstructed thousands of times in mere seconds. From my bones, my organs, my muscles, my tendons and my skin, all of them suffered this infernal pain.

Everything...

And although it didn't hurt as much as when I was on the void, It still made me go unconscious for a few minutes.

Fuck you real life. It didn't look this painful in the game

...


...

"Ugh......."

A grunt escaped my mouth as I woke up with a heavy migraine assaulting my head.

*Chirp!*

"Oh Neo, there you are... Where are-?"

Oh, that's right, the cave, bats, and the Life Crystal.

Hmm?

*Ptuh!*

*Ptuh!*

*Ptuh!*

A black substance appeared on my mouth while I still lost on my thoughts. The like black mucus liquid started going from my throat to my mouth in a blink, and I had no other option but to spit it out before it filled my whole mouth.

*Ptuh!*

*Ptuh!*

It tasted like shit!!

Not like I have tasted shit before, but I'm pretty sure it probably could taste similar to this. 

And the odor... Oh, holy Mother Teresa, THE FUCKING ODOR!

It's better if I do not tell you, or you might puke just by reading the description of it... (bye bye 4th wall :3)

After some minutes of puking, spiting, and cleaning my mouth with liters and liters of water, The torture finally ended.

When I looked at the black liquid laying on the floor, I noticed a certain resemblance from my past world...

Isn't this similar to when in the cultivation stories the protagonist disposes of all the imperfection and impurities of the body?

Could It be that I became a cultivator?!

I immediately took a lotus position and began meditating.

 

...

 

...

 

Yeah, I don't feel any cosmic energy ready to be gathered on my body nor anything of the sort...

...Sigh... I guess I'll stay normal no matter what I do...

I opened my status, and for once in this shitty day, I felt happy for what I saw.

Name: Aspen (Aeron) 

[Human...]

Age: 19 (38)

-Status: 

[Hp: 197/240]  [Mana: 40/40]

 

Strength: 25 [Max]

 

Stamina: 25 [Max]

 

Resistance: 25 [Max]

 

Defense: 13 [Full silver armor set equipped]

 

Comprehension: 23

 

Mental stability: 26

 

Mental power: 24

My physical stats increased by 5 points each!

And... oh?

My max HP increased by 40? Wasn't it supposed to give me just 20 more max HP?

Ah, right! I forgot...

[Order's blessing: Supreme body]

-Makes your body as a human twice as strong as a normal human body [Hp: x2; Strength: x2; Stamina: x2; Resistance: x2]

The blessing the goddess gave me duplicates my max HP.

Hmm...

Should I be thankful about it?

 

...

 

Nah, she sent me to this horrible place, so this is just barely mending her error. Nothing to be thankful for.

Alright, we can check the changes on my body later, for now let's leave this dangerous cave full of evil monsters that can kill me in just a few hits.

I have to go back and improve the defenses of the city before the goblins start doing whatever they were planing to do.

Time for war.


That's all for today guys.

I decided to add that bit of cultivation related thing because I felt that It could go pretty well with the situation and because I felt like it :P

Though I won't add cultivation, just to make myself clear. I actually find it a bit boring so It's not something I could like to add to my novel.

But I might as well add something similar to cultivation if plot needs it someday :)

Anyways, I hope you liked the chapter.

Bye bye.

 

 

 

 

115