Chapter 29: Preparations for war (II)
2.9k 15 104
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 29: Preparations for war (II)

"I have a plan"

...

After hearing what I said everyone in the room became dumbstruck, they probably already understood that I meant I had a plan for the incoming war.

Without allowing them to say something, I placed a map of the human territory on the table at the center of the room and started explaining.

"There's something I've kept under secret for all these years . It has to do with my ability to make potions incredibly fast, and the reason of why I'm the only one capable of doing that"

I selected a stone block from my inventory and placed it on the floor

"You could say I have a special talent for building and creating different things"

I started placing more blocks in a way that opposed the rules of gravity, leaving the old men incredulous before such a thing.

"This ability of mine will allow us to build a stronger and more durable wall around the city, or even improve the actual one. I can also create thousands of objects and weapons in mere seconds, swords, bows, arrows, almost everything. The only thing I need for you to do is gather the necessary resources. Iron, gold, silver, stone, wood, gel, etc... Any of these resources work"

They were still looking at me blankly, however, after some seconds they started letting out an incredulous laugh.

"You mean... we can win this?"

"Yeah, though I'm not completely sure, there's still the possibility"

...

"Haha...ha"

Soon everyone in the room started smiling and some others even started crying after hearing that they could actually win this war.

However, I wasn't in the position to calm them and start giving a motivational speech, so I continued explaining the plan.

"Do you know where and what are the goblins doing right now?"

"O-oh, yeah, thanks to our patrols around the borders we managed to discover that they are now entering the country with a huge army of about three thousand goblins"

"That's probably five or six days traveling with such a huge army... That's enough time for me to prepare... How many soldiers do we have?" I asked since I needed to know if we could stand a chance in this battle.

"Approximately five thousand soldiers waiting for orders"

"What about the villages spread over the territory?" I asked concerned, after all they could probably be destroyed by the goblins on their way here.

"The people of external cities and villages started migrating here in order to stay safe, we expect our soldiers to increase to at least seven thousand when the majority finishes migrating"

Huh...

Even if we currently have a great numerical advantage against them, I don't feel any confident.

"Alright, I'll give you a list of the things I'll need for you all to start supplying me constantly during the next days"

"Ye-yes" They all started nodding.

"Also make sure to leave the trees outside the city untouched, I will have a few uses for them on the war. Anyways, I'll start building the new wall outside the city right away. Be sure to tell all the miners of the city to start collecting any minerals and lots of stone for the next days"

He nodded.

Alright, time to start.

...

 


It took me three days to complete the whole wall.

And I'm talking about three COMPLETE days, with nights included and all that shit.

I surely felt like punching in the face of a fucking goblin to release some stress...

Luckily, my body has a lot more energy and resistance than a normal human, so I didn't need to sleep that much. However, that doesn't mean I don't feel like dying right now.

I also crafted thousands and thousands of potions, armors, weapons, and arrows when they brought me the resources I needed.

At some point the minerals were not enough, so I ended up crafting wood stuff, that somehow was still better than normal stuff made by regular blacksmiths. So I guess it didn't matter. There was also the fact that the weapons I made were for some reason indestructible. 

At this point the army had at least a thousand Iron skin potions to make our soldiers a lot more resistant. Together with Iron, lead, and wood weapons and armors.

The archers had an almost inexhaustible amount of arrows, together with iron and lead bows that excelled a lot better than the normal bows.

So yeah, we were pretty buffed right now. Though I was still not sure if that could be enough to defeat the goblins.

Why, you ask?

Well, yesterday I received the wonderful news that the goblin army coming here actually had a 'Goblin commander' leading their army.

What is a 'Goblin commander', you may wonder?

I DON'T KNOW.

That shit was not in the game, and judging by its name I'm pretty sure it will be a lot stronger than a normal goblin. Probably a Mini-boss...

The normal warrior goblin had at least 660 of HP. So just imagining how much HP this Goblin commander could have made me shiver.

Sigh...

Let just hope that my new techniques in 'Nature bending' manages to kill it. 

Because this time I got Mana potions babyyyy!

Yeaaaaaah!

Now I can recover my mana and use my magic constantly on the war without worrying about running out of mana, like it has happened so many times before.

I also managed to get the [Necromantic sorcery] magic tome they promised me as a reward for completing successfully the expedition to the mountains. Tho I was not successful in the mission, they gave it to me anyways. You can't just negate such a reward to the guy who is building a brand-new wall to protect the city from the goblins

Right?

Anyways, I managed to improve it to the Novice rank, and I was now able to summon small beings made out of the bones of different animals.

They were something like disproportional and strange skeletons. 

Something is something, I guess...

Also, during these few days it seems like my reputation in the city improved a lot, probably because the militia seemed to have helped me with the strange rumors that came out after me disappearing when I went mining.

And there was also the fact that they saw me building a huge wall outside the city to protect us from the goblins.

So at least their glares were not of hate and coldness anymore, instead they just seemed to show indifference. Though there were a few exceptions, whom I think were hidden cultists.

Who knows?

 Maybe they were just normal people envious of my handsomeness?

*Screams*

"Hmm?"

While I was still crafting a few weapons and arrows on top of the new wall, a sudden fight started in the middle of the long line of people waiting to enter the city.

"What the hell is happening now?" I muttered annoyed.

I saw the guards on the door just ignoring the situation as it just seemed to be a small discussion.

I guess I can take a break from all this crafting stuff and go take a look...

"Hop!"

I jumped down the high wall and stopped my fall using a nearby tree to grab me in midair before leaving me on the ground slowly.

When I approached the group of people discussing I noticed a certain individual.

A woman with blond hair and emerald eyes seemed to be one of the discussing sides, as she seemed to be arguing with a few men and women while pointing at a sick person on the floor.

"What do you mean with that he isn't your companion?!" The blond woman yelled with rage at the group.

"That means what it means girl, we don't have time to take care of dead meat, so he is not our companion anymore" One of the men In the group replied with an annoyed tone

"Do you not have conscience?! Just because he is sick doesn't mean you can dispose him like trash!"

"A war is coming bitch, we don't have time to care about others now, if you care so much about this guy then take care of him by yourself"

Soon the group started moving and left the blond woman there without allowing her to continue talking.

"Argh!" She just yelled in frustration after seeing the group get away without caring about her.

"Hey" I called at her.

"What?!" 

Geez... she is really pissed...

"Take it easy, I just wanted to give you this healing potion, so you can give it to him.

I looked at the eyes of the sick man laying on the floor.

Race: Human

Name: Seid Carckter 

HP: 63/95

[Infected wound: The more time the wound is left without treatment, the more the max HP will decrease. It will also leave a small bleeding effect that will not allow natural regeneration]

This potion will probably close the infected wound and stop the bleeding. Though I don't know if he will recover the lost max HP.

"O-oh, I see, thank you..." She said while bowing lightly. However, I could still see a certain suspicion going across her eyes.

As soon as I made eye contact the status of the young woman displayed itself before me.

Hmm???!

...

Race: Human+

Name: Claire Lumous

HP: 250/250

...

She has more HP than me?! And what the hell means [Human+]?!

Who the hell is this woman?!

...

 


That's all for today guys.

It took me a while to think on how to make the reactions of the elders to his powers, but in the end I decided to make it just a short interaction, as I didn't want to complicate myself that much

I couldn't upload yesterday because I had a headache and couldn't finish the chapter. So I ended up finishing it today.

Can you guess who this strange woman is?

Leave your opinion on the comments.

 

 

 

104