Chapter 59: Lunatic cultist (II)
2.1k 10 91
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 59: Lunatic cultist (II)

...

*Fuooooooosh!!!*

Four giant fireballs flew at high speed in my direction, burning sightly my skin with just the amount of heat they oozed off even though they were actually quite far from me.

Behind them, the Lunatic cultist traveled like a rocket using high pressured flames to propel himself in my direction while also chanting a few magic spells along the way to try to take me down.

As I dodged the fireballs coming to my way by jumping to the side, I suddenly noticed a giant sphere made of electricity floating above the Lunatic cultist.

[Lightning judgement] 

The sudden voice of the Lunatic cultist echoed around the area, and as soon as I noticed what he was trying to do I jumped to the side with all my strength.

*Boooooom!!!*

A giant and incredibly fast lightning struck the place where I had just been, turning it into mere ashes.

Fortunately, this magic didn't have a great accuracy, otherwise I could be probably be dead by now.

I didn't know the exact functioning behind that magic, but controlling something as fast as lightning must have a special weakness, in this case being its accuracy.

The only reason I was struck a few minutes before was because I was unprepared and completely unmoving, which made it easier for that lightning to hit me.

"Why are you running Dryad descendant? Do you perhaps fear my powers~?"

"Why could I fear something that can't even hit me in the first place?"

"Hoh~ Very well... what about this then?!"

[Ice storm]

*Shrkrkrkk.....!*

Suddenly, Ice started gathering in one spot several meters above the Lunatic cultist, creating what seemed to be a giant ice structure with the shape of a star with multiple spikes sprouting from all its body.

"Now die..."

*Shakakakakakakakaka!!*

Dozens and dozens of Ice spikes separated from the giant Ice structure and started getting launched in all directions without sparing any side.

Countless houses were pierced or even destroyed by them, leaving many injured and even some deceased on the way.

And of course, I also not spared from this attack

You have received 11 damage
You have received 13 damage
You have received 15 damage
You have received 11 damage

The spikes had so much speed that I was barely able to avoid them while in midair by rotating my body whenever I needed to, or by deflecting them by using my sword.

*Chirp!*

"Neo!"

After being left behind, Neo and the other finally managed to catch up to us. This time attacking the Lunatic cultist directly without any previous warning.

*Ting!*

Neo crashed against the aura that blocked his attack completely. However, it didn't actually cause him any damage at all.

*Ting!*

*Ting!*

*Ting!*

After that, all the other birds appeared from behind and started attacking the cultist as well. Only to be blocked by the mysterious aura as well.

However, once the last two birds tried to hit the cultist one last time, he disappeared from his previous spot and teleported some meters away from Neo and the others.

"Tch... annoying pests..." The cultist retreated a bit and landed on a nearby rooftop.

Hmm?

Why did he not use that aura of his to block those attacks? Could it be...?

°

°

°

Soon, the ice structure started dissipating away. Stopping like that the storm of ice spikes, and allowing Aspen to re-organize himself and think deeply on a strategy to defeat the Cultist while Neo and the others barraged him with their attacks.

Neo and the other birds, that once again started dashing against the Lunatic cultist, also started in different places at the same time in synchrony. Making the aura around the Lunatic cultist to have to defend against all 11 birds at the same time.

*Ting!*

*Ting!*

*Ting!*

*Ting!*

*Ting!*

*Ting!*

...

"How annoying!!" The lunatic cultist raised his hands and erected a thick wall made of ice to protect himself against the attack from the last bird

[Ice wall!]

*Kacha!*

The bird crashed against the wall, and then retreated once again along with all the other birds.

At that moment...

[Rock bullet]

*Bang!!!!*

"Aaaargh!!!"

The Lunatic cultist fell to the ground after receiving a heavy impact on his head. More specifically... on his brain.

A translucent screen appeared in front of the now concentrated Aspen, who had his hand raised in the direction of the now unconscious cultist, while a bit of smoke came from out of his hand.

You have dealt 300 Damage [Critical hit!]

"Tch... Just how resilient is this guy? It doesn't make any sense for him to be still alive even after receiving a bullet straight into his brain...!"

Aspen clicked his tongue and prepared to continue shooting against the unconscious Lunatic cultist on the ground, while Neo and his group also prepared to start barraging the body of the cultist until nothing was left.

"If one bullet isn't enough... Then I will fill your brain with bullets until you die motherfucker..."

*Chirp!!*

However, before all of them could start attacking once again a giant explosion engulfed the whole area around the cultist, and soon thousands of strange voices started coming out from inside the mask of the lunatic cultist.

"∑℘∇ι⊥ðÆϒæÔµι⊥ðÆϒ℘∇ι⊥⊥ðÆϒæÔµι⊥ðÆϒ℘ι⊥⊥ι⊥ðÆϒæÔµι⊥ðÆϒ℘∇ι⊥⊥ðÆϒæÔµι⊥ðÆϒ℘⊥⊥ι⊥ðÆϒæÔµι⊥ðÆϒ℘∇ι⊥⊥ðÆϒæÔµι⊥ðÆϒ℘∇ι⊥⊥ι⊥ðÆϒæÔµι⊥ðÆϒ℘∇ι⊥⊥ðÆϒæÔµι⊥ðÆϒ℘ι⊥⊥ι⊥ðÆϒæÔµι⊥ðÆϒ℘ι⊥⊥ðÆϒæÔµι⊥ðÆϒ℘∇ι⊥⊥"

The dark aura around the Lunatic cultist soon started enveloping the wounded part of his brain before taking out the bullet as if it was nothing, and then to start filling the missing part of his brain.

"Save me my Lord save me my Lord save me my Lord save me my Lord save me my Lord save me my Lord save me my Lord save me my Lord save me my Lord save me My Lord save me, I don't want to suffer I don't want to suffer I don't want to suffer I don't want to suffer I don't want to suffer I don't want to suffer I don't want to suffer I don't want to suffer, Why do I feel pain? Why do I feel pain? Why do I feel pain? Why do I feel pain? Why do I feel pain? Why do I feel pain? Why do I feel pain? Why do I feel pain? Why do I feel pain? Why do I feel pain? Why do I feel pain? It's all your fault, It's all your fault, It's all your fault, It's all your fault, It's all your fault, It's all your fault, It's all your fault!!!!"

The voice of the Lunatic cultist resonated through the whole place, while sinister and strange murmurs could be heard behind his voice every time he talked.

"Oh goddammit, now you have a final phase? Go fuck yourself...!" Aspen cursed while he tried to back of a few meters in case the Lunatic cultist tried to auto-destroy himself to kill him at the same time.

As his eyes met those eyes full of madness from the Lunatic cultist, a screen appeared on Aspen's field of vision.

°[Lunatic cultist]°

Race: Chaos Human.

[HP: 1200 / 1500]

[Chaotic mind: Due to the Chaos aura entering his brain to heal the deadly injury provoked by you, his mind enters into a state of disarray where his emotions are amplified dozens of times, and his rational thinking abilities are decreased to the minimum. Making anyone that enters his vision an enemy due to his rage and fury. However, this state also amplifies his magic powers and allows him to cast magic continuously without getting tired]

[Eye: ???]

"Whatever, I'm tired of complaining already..." Aspen landed on a nearby rooftop and started drinking a mana potion to prepare himself for battle.

[Rock Bullet]

*Bang!!!*

The bullet was shot across the sky and crashed directly against the giant aura of the Lunatic cultist, However, right before it could even manage to reach the body of the Lunatic cultist, a gigantic fireball appeared in front of him and erased the bullet into ashes instantly.

[[[Inferno]]]

The gigantic ball of fire was shot towards Aspen, who aside from not being able to dodge such a giant thing, was also unable to stop it in any way as his magic powers were too low.

Moreover, there was no tree around for him to use his Nature control magic. And using small plants from the ground couldn't do that much against that giant fireball either.

However, as fast as his hands allowed it, Aspen took out dozens of stone blocks and placed them in front of him to prevent the Fireball from going any further, as the damage to the city could be too much if it managed to reach the ground.

Normally, the fireball could just melt away the stone wall without any problems. However, the stone blocks made out from the system had the peculiarity of being made 100% of rock compressed into a cubical shape, which also meant that its resistance was incredibly high compared to normal rocks.

*Tzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!*

As soon as the fireball crashed against the wall made of blocks it slowly started melting it away, and no matter how many blocks Aspen placed to replace the melted ones, the fireball soon started melting away the last row of blocks, burning sightly the skin of Aspen, and dissipating the last hopes Aspen had of surviving.

*Fugoooooosh!!*

You have received 23 damage
You have received 26 damage
You have received 31 damage
You have received 36 damage

Just as the fireball was about to engulf our protagonist completely, hundreds of vines started coming out from the ground and launched themselves towards the fireball. Covering it completely in order to stop its advance and to extinguish its fire.

Although most of them were burned away as soon as they made contact with the fireball, another few hundred vines could soon replace them and cover the fireball once again.

*Tzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...*

It didn't take long before the fireball finally extinguished and disappeared completely. 

Aspen, that was watching everything with widened eyes, fell to the ground unable to maintain himself on his feet.

"Did I suddenly awoke some hidden powers? Or is it that..."

"Yes, it was me..."

A beautiful woman with green hair tied into a braid, and two beautiful amethyst-like eyes appeared from behind Aspen and grabbed his shoulder gently.

"The dryad, huh?"

...


I'm tireeeeeeed. It's 1 Am here and I want to sleep.

So goodbye.

 

 

 

 

 

91