Chapter 74: Subjugation of the King Slime
2.1k 8 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 74: Subjugation of the King Slime

...

In the middle of a forest, giant explosions could be heard from time to time. Shaking the ground tremendously, and making all the animals living within it, flee for their lives.

Be it bunnies, birds, horses, deer... All of them were running away, afraid of whatever was making so much chaos within the forest.

It wasn't long before two silhouettes passed through the area where the animals stood a few seconds ago. One of them was terrifyingly giant, and seemed to be the main cause of all the destruction and chaos within the forest, while the other was just the silhouette of a man running away from the monstrosity that followed it jumping around.

This man was of course Aspen, who now had a few holes in his body flowing with blood every once in a while, and had a bit of blood covering his face. However, the Monstrosity following behind him in an enraged manner wasn't in a better shape, it had its whole body stabbed by hundreds of torches that burned brightly inside its body, and heated it to a terrifying degree.

The King Slime, who was even vaporizing due to the amount of heat inside its body, was jumping around furiously while his body could from time to time launch giant solidified slime spikes towards Aspen. Making even more holes in his body, and making him flinch slightly at the pain.

Yet, he didn't stop in the slightest.

As Aspen glanced slightly towards the blue monster, a screen popped up once again in front of his eyes.

°[King Slime]°

Race: Slime

Title: Devourer

-Status:

[HP: 5015/7040]

[Constant Evolution: Can absorb any living being made out of gel in order to evolve further and become stronger. Total HP gained so far: +6790] 

[Vaporizing: Due to the enormous temperatures inside its gelatinous body, the gel  composing the body of this being is starting to turn into vapor and escape towards the air, making it lose a vast amount of HP per second]

Suddenly, from behind Aspen, dozens of trees enlarged out and blocked the way of the giant slime.

*Guroguroguroguro...*

The King Slime, seeing that his prey had escaped, somehow trembled and shook in fury while looking for whoever dared to stop him. And it wasn't long before he saw a young green haired woman standing just a few meters away from him with her arms pointing towards it with mana controlling the nearby trees.

Just as it was about to jump directly at her, she suddenly sunk into the ground and disappeared from its view. At that moment, a horrifying sound started coming from behind its back, and when it turned around to look what was the origin of such a terrifying sound, it found a giant wooden chainsaw heading straight towards its way.

*Shrieeeeeeeeeek!!!*

It wasn't long before its whole body started being ripped apart, while dozens of pieces were sent flying away due to the high speeds that the blade of the saw was reaching. Reducing the size of the slime by a lot, and making it skirmish in pain while trying to escape from the blades grasp.

Unfortunately for him, not only did it not manage to escape successfully, but it was also attacked suddenly by more giant wooden chainsaws that started ripping its whole body apart while making it totally unable to escape.

"It's over, huh? With this amount of constant damage, it shouldn't be able to produce more spikes to pierce my body anymore..."

"Well, you certainly did a good job there. I couldn't have thought of such a strategy... though, why aren't those torches extinguishing even while being inside that gelatinous body? They should have already extinguished far ago while being inside all that mass..."

Evvie, who looked slightly tired and exhausted while also wearing a few injuries on her body, appeared besides him and took a long breath while recovering some of her over-spent mana.

"Magic..."

"..."

Soon, from behind them appeared Jack, who was now running towards them while looking in awe at the suffering King Slime.

"So it's done? Just like that?"

"Pretty much, it can't do that much now that is trapped anyways, besides, even if it was to use its muscles to jump and escape from the trap, the chainsaws are pinning it down and keeping him unable to do so, so there's no possible way for it to escape now"

"Well... that's kinda anti-climatic, I'm sure that a monster like this could have destroyed a great part of the human Kingdom before being killed... yet it is dying just like that?"

"I have yet to understand how is it possible myself"

"Don't mind it, I will do a lot more things like these in the future... that is, unless these kinds of monsters stop appearing every time I leave home. Which could be marvelous, but I doubt that such a thing will happen"

"Hmm..."

"Hmm..."

Soon, a screen appeared once again in front of Aspen, as he looked deep into the body of the burning King Slime.

°[King Slime]°

Race: Slime

Title: Devourer

-Status:

[HP: 2035/7040]

[Constant Evolution: Can absorb any living being made out of gel in order to evolve further and become stronger. Total HP gained so far: +6790] 

[Vaporizing: Due to the enormous temperatures inside its gelatinous body, the gel  composing the body of this being is starting to turn into vapor and escape towards the air, making it lose a vast amount of HP per second]

'Took more of what I thought it could... and what's that? It can create gel spikes? I almost had my head impaled by one of them because I was not prepared...' Aspen thought while looking at the perishing King Slime with a small grin on his face.

It hasn't been that long since the battle started, comparing it to the battle against the Eye of Cthulhu, which took entire hours to finish, this one was incomparably easier, as it had only been a half an hour since the battle started. More so now that Aspen had the Shield of Cthulhu in his accessory slot, which granted him the ability to perform an incredibly fast and powerful dash that could make even a Warrior Goblin be sent flying upon receiving the hit of the shield.

A normal human could probably end up with many broken bones and even a few broken ribs upon receiving the impact, and if used correctly, it could even negate the momentum of extremely fast enemies like the Demon Eyes, or the Giant Shelly, which could pretty much kill a normal human in one shot after using a dash themselves. 

And of course, Aspen wasn't gonna waste such a perfect artifact that could save his life in multiple occasions.

"It should be dying in a minute more or so..."

*Gulp* Aspen drank a mana potion in order to replenish the lost mana, as he was using quite an enormous amount maintaining all the wooden chainsaws spinning.

"Hey, you sure you shouldn't care about those wounds?" Jack, who looked at the badly hurt body of Aspen, asked in worry seeing the enormous holes both on his shoulders and waist dripping blood every once in a while.

One could say that those were deadly wounds, as they could produce a profound bleeding that could end up killing the person in just a matter of minutes. Yet, there he was, looking blankly at the air while drinking a strange brew that who knew what could it be.

"Yeah, I've been worse. Besides, it's already healing... don't you see?"

"Huh?"

When Jack looked in more detail at the wounds on Aspen's body, he noticed that they were indeed closing on their own, and although it was a bit slow and they could take at least a few minutes to fully heal up, it was certainly astonishing to see how such injuries were healing so fast compared to normal people.

"Is that the effect of those bands you took inside the abandoned mine? I thought they only prevented regular wounds from bleeding too much, not increasing the natural regeneration of the body..."

 "You could say that it is part of the reason why I'm healing so fast..."

"Hoh~"

Aspen, who was looking blankly at his Hp recover with every second that passed, smiled slightly, seeing the enormous speed at which his body could recover completely with all the regeneration buffs applying on his body.

Name: Aspen (Aeron) 

[Human...]

Age: 20 (39)

-Status: 

[Happy!: Movement speed increased and monster spawns reduced]

[Regeneration: Provides increased life regeneration](7 hours left...)

[Ironskin: Increases defense by 8] (7 hours left...)

[Archery: 20% increased arrow damage and speed] (8 hours left...)

[Dryad's blessing: The power of nature protects you]

--->[Grants 8 extra Defense to The Player, and 14 to nearby allies]

--->[Increased health regeneration]

--->[Gives The Player and nearby allies the Thorn potion effect]

--->[You're slightly more loved by nature]

...

[Hp: 204/400]  [Mana: 120/120]

Hour: 16:24 PM

°°°

-Accessories:

-[Hermes boots] (Visibility Hidden)

-[Shield of Cthulhu] (Visibility Hidden)

-[Platinum Watch]

-[Band of regeneration]

---> Slowly regenerates life

-[Empty...]

-[Empty...]


Total defense: 40

If he could somehow find honey from the giant bees in the jungle, craft a heart lantern, and get a crimsonite armor, then his natural regeneration could soar to incredible heights. Even if he was to get hit by a terrible attack and end up in 1 HP, with all these buffs taking action in his body, it could take less than a minute for him to recover his whole Hp. So all he had to do was to dodge and wait until his Hp filled up once again.

'Did the King Slime drop any regeneration themed item that I'm forgetting? Probably not, but who knows...' Aspen massaged his chin while looking at the shrimping body of the King Slime.

*Guroguroguroguroguro*

Suddenly, the giant ruby on the King Slime's crown started glowing faintly, while the Slime King let out a drowned howl as it trembled slightly while looking at Aspen and his group.

"Hey Aspen, is that normal?"

"C-could it be...?! Everyone dodge!!"

Before they could even notice, the King Slime was no longer under their trap, instead, it had appeared right above them and was ready to turn them into pancakes using its weight.

Aspen, who looked with widdened eyes at the King Slime sudden secret technique, inmediattly summoned his Shield of Cthulhu and prepared himself to dash in order to block the momentum of the King Slime's attack.

Crimson colored energy surrounded Aspen's feet as the ground beneath him started heating up slightly, It wasn't long before he dissapeared completely from his previous spot just to reapear right in front of the King Slime.

*Gooooooong!!!*

A large sound was produced after the Shield hit the King Slime, and even with its tremendous weight, it was forced to receed a bit after receiving the impact. Not receiving a lot of damage to its body, but still forced to back off eitherway.

Aspen wasn't let off though, after hitting such a large objective, the recoil from his shield increased and he was sent flying in the opposite direction. 

Unfortunately, the King Slime did not waste such a precious opportunity to attack its now unprotected prey.

*Swosh!*

*Ptchk!*

Aspen's chest was suddenly pierced completely by a giant spike that was shot from the King Slime's body. Blood spilled over the whole area, and Aspen's eyes lost focus for a moment.

It wasn't long before Aspen body fell to the ground unmovingly.

...


There you go, I have already planned a bit the next course of Action for this story so I guess it will be a bit easier to write it now.

Let's hope school ends fast because the last exams for the semester are already showing. And since I don't have that many things to do, in holydays I will write more chapters...

... Maybe...

Anyways, that's all for today.

Goodbye.

 

79