Chapter 78: The wonders of Nature Magic
1.8k 3 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 78: The wonders of Nature Magic

...

"Come on, come on... grow already...!"

*Pssssssssst...*

"Yes... that's it... Yeees... Yes!... YES! FUCK YEAH!"

Aspen, who right now had some very visible dark circles below his eyes, raised his arms in victories while screaming like a madman.

In front of him, there was a little pot that had a beautiful and small yellow flower that seemed to shine with the same energy of the sun. However, this one in particular seemed to be oozing with energy and power that seemed to surpass that of its type by far.

This little flower in front of Aspen soon started growing in size until it reached 1 meter high, and its petals, which until now were tiny and feeble, grew to an astonishing size and started emitting a golden glow near them that gave them a majestic and mystic aura around them.

*Thud*

Aspen, who was looking in awe at the results of his experiment, soon fell over his table unconscious as he had been quite a lot of time doing the same action without sleeping or resting. Only consuming mana potions whenever he needed to replenish his lost mana, or healing potions in the worsts cases when his health started to deteriorate for the worse.

However, none of those potions seemed to have been enough to cure his mental exhaustion. Which in the end made him fall asleep right after achieving success on his experiment.

A few translucent screens popped up right after he succeeded, though he didn't manage to see them in the slightest.

You have attained: [Mana manipulation: Expert]
You have attained: [Mana control: Expert]

You have obtained: [Mana Enhancing technique]

[Due to understanding and using to your advantage the inborn abilities of certain plants to absorb the mana on the surroundings, you have now understood and learned the way to enhance and strenghen certain types of plants]

-May produce variations in regular potions (Different effect, different requirements, strenghened effect, additional effects... etc)

-Can be applied to other types of Plants or being that naturally absorb mana from their surroundings.

*Snore...*

...

°

°

°

A few hours later...

...

*Snore...*

*Click*

"Hey Aspen, did you make some progress with your investigation this tim- Hmm...?"

*Snore...*

Evvie, who looked at the exhausted Aspen with a raised eyebrow, turned to look at the table in front of him and saw the incredible variation of the flower that Aspen was trying to enhance.

"So you went for a Daybloom this time, huh? And it seemed to have worked..." 

Evvie approached the table and touched the flower in order to examine it properly. However, as soon as she did it, an unbelievable expression appeared on her face as she looked at Aspen with an angry look in her eyes.

"This shit took me a hundred years to do... and I even had the oldest Dryad teach me personally... How did this guy do even better than me, even after a hundred of years practicing?!"

She then looked down in shame while still touching the different parts of the plant with an unwilling expression.

"It's even better than mine..."

*Sigh...*

"Whatever, I think he has already learned more than enough... the rest he can do will depend on his own imagination and talent..."

Evvie, turned to look at Aspen and tried to touch his shoulder in order to wake him up, as it was getting late and he should get to his bed instead of sleeping on the chair.

However, right when her hand was just a few centimeters away from Aspen's shoulder, his blood-shot eyes opened sharply and his hand moved out of instinct and grabbed out a Gold sword right from within his inventory and swung it right towards Evvie's neck at an incredible speed.

Fortunately for her, the sword simply stopped right when it made contact with her skin, and although it did draw a little bit of blood, it didn't do much besides giving her a small scare.

Aspen, who looked at her for a few seconds with his gaze still a little bit unfocused, sighed in exhaustion and retrieved his sword before patting Evvie's shoulder a few times with an apologetic look.

"... Sorry about that... Next time you want to wake me up, talk to me instead of touching me. It has become kinda of a reflex to cut apart whatever tries to attack me while I'm resting..."

"You must have had quite some sleeping problems in the past..."

"Yeah, but I had already killed most of the annoying pests that tried to do something to me while I was sleeping. Though I kept some of them alive as they were still useful for preventing the Humans from perishing, and I didn't want to bear with all the responsibility of protecting humanity by myself... Maybe I should go back to Balroc and kill them someday..."

Evvie, who was still touching the part where the blade had left a small wound, looked at him and asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Now that you are done with mastering most of the Dryad techniques I taught you, what will you do? You mentioned you wanted to go to the jungle that's right at the east of the Elf Kingdom right? What will you do there though?"

"If I'm lucky enough, I might get an armor that will boost my magical abilities and probably make me stronger, Life crystals from the underground that seem to enhance my human body beyond its limits, some miraculous honey that will increase even further my already abnormal regeneration power, and if I'm desperate enough... I might as well fight against the queen of all bees in order to become the lord of bees or some shit like that... Who knows, there are quite a lot of things to gain there, so that I can prepare properly to fight whatever is guarding that castle that you mentioned... Though, before going there I want to try a few things out, and maybe I can increase my mobility by a lot that way..."

"Sure... Just try to hurry up, who knows what kind of thing they might be doing inside that place, or when will they finish it..."  

Evvie soon left the place with an exhausted face on her own, and left Aspen alone in the room whishpering to himself something, as his smile grew wider each second.

"Now, it's time to begin with the... [jumping in mid-air proyect]..."

...


A little short, but since it's just some recap of this little time skip of Aspen's strength increasing as his creative thinking also develops furhter, I think it's okay.

I just watched some of Terraria's official story in youtube, and then watched a One piece's fan teory for my other fanfic.

Oh god, it fucked my brain so hard that I questioned myself to wait until Oda released more chapters so that I could continue the fanfic later when the story was a bit more clear...

Not doing it though, I still have a public that needs to read it. So fuck my life.

Anyways, goodbye for today.

72