Chapter 117: Next robery victim… The Goblin King!
1.8k 12 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 117: Next robbery victim... The Goblin King! 


... 

"So, what's your story?" 

"What?" 

Gnudar was visibly baffled when he heard Aspen question. 

On the other hand, Aspen simply yawned carefreely while scratching his chin without caring about Gnudar's surprised expression.

However, seeing that he was not answering, doubtful of his reasons, Aspen sighed and opened his mouth. 

"I'm someone who can see the future of anyone, and I can see a very terrifying future awaiting you..." 

Gnudar opened widely his eyes as his expression was soon filled with fear. 

"Really?!" 

"No, dumbass. I'm the one holding the sword of almost your same size that killed that worm over there with ease. Don't you think you should answer my questions for the sake of your neck?" 

"Uh, alright..."

With that, Aspen placed his weapon back on his inventory, and then looked at the poor Goblin with a raised eyebrow. 

"My name is Gnudar... I'm some sort of inventor from where I came from. However, when the King tried to force me to create war machinery and weapons for his soldiers, I immediately declined as I never created nor wished to do so, any weapons nor anything related to war. After that, I escaped from the city safely and decided to move away to a safe place where I could work on my projects without the King trying to force me to do things for him... But things didn't go as smoothly as I thought they would go, when I noticed, I was already being pursued by a squad of highly trained goblins in order to bring me back to the palace. After that, without more options, I entered this cursed land as it was my only chance of escaping from them safely... Even if it meant increasing the chances of getting eaten by Devourers like the one from before..."

"Sounds like a made-up story to me..." Aspen didn't even look at Gnudar, and just looked blankly at the air seemingly lost in thought. 

'That so-called Goblin King... He is a King... Therefore... He must have a lot of valuables right?' 

"It's not a made-up story! I even lost my precious tinkering workshop...-*sigh... *- That thing was my first invention, and also the thing that allowed me to create several other inventions thanks to its utility! Without it... I don't know what I will do... "

"Can't you just create another one?" Aspen massaged his chin and looked with narrowed eyes at the Goblin... No one knew what was going through his mind right now... Well, maybe you already know... 

"I can't, I created it using the materials that my parents gave me before dying... I don't know where to find those materials again, and I doubt any other material would work..." 

"What were those materials...?" Aspen asked in curiosity, after all, he had an enormous collection of ores and materials inside his inventory. Maybe he could perform one of those tropes where the protagonist flex in front of everyone how rich they are... 

"I think it was called mithril and adamantite... They gave the tinkerer workshop the sturdiness to handle any kind of forceful reaction or use from the inventions..." 

"Nevermind then... Never heard of them" Aspen simply smiled wryly while knowing that these materials were something from the hard-mode and that it was impossible to get them currently... At least by mining...

After a moment of silence where Aspen was pondering about something with a malicious grin on his face, he soon opened his mouth while smiling like a devil towards Gnudar. 

"Why don't we pay that King of yours a visit? I kinda wanted to have a talk with him a lot of time ago..This might be the perfect opportunity" 

"What?!" 

°

°

°

A few minutes later... 

"This is Gnudar, he will be accompanying us for the time being" 

"..." Gnudar

"What an interesting creature! His ears are so long... Is he an elf? I thought the elves from the stories would be more handsome though..." Yuuki, who was looking at Gnudar like a kid seeing an exotic animal, couldn't her curiosity and started touching the ears of Gnudar, much to the annoyance of the latter. 

"Sadly, I took all the handsomeness in the World for myself when I was born, so elves are all ugly bastards now" Aspen simply caressed his own face while looking up in arrogance. 

"I'm a Goblin!" Gnudar shouted, visibly annoyed at Aspen's nonchalant expression. 

"Whatever... We will pay a small visit to the Goblin Kingdom before we go back to my home, just so you know" 

"Are you going to buy something there?" Curious, Yuuki raised an eyebrow and looked at Aspen inquisitively. 

"More like pay some debts and fetch some of my belongings..." Aspen snorted and then lied down on a chair without minding both speechless expressions. 

"But my workshop..." Gnudar protested weakly. 

"It's mine now" 

"..." Gnudar just lowered his head with a depressed expression and went to a corner to sit. 

"Now wake up you lazy bitch! I didn't keep you alive for you to just sleep all day, that's my job!" Aspen took out the bottle with the pirate inside and started slapping it repeatedly without even a slight speck of mercy. 

"E-eh?! What, who dares?!" 

"I dare, you got a problem with that, punk?" 

"N-no, I'll start right away" 

The pirate seemed to have forgotten its own situation, as it talked back to Aspen thinking he was back in his old days of reigning over others. However, as soon as he saw the terrifying look in Aspen's eyes, the memories of his defeat and recent events flowed back to his memory.

'Why is it that I, the great James Stoney, aka Blackbeard, have to endure such treatment...?' Thought the pirate as he slowly elevated the ship once again.

Leaving the Pirate to do his own thing, Aspen then walked towards his room in the ship and yawned carefreely before he then opened his inventory and started looking for something.

"I'm a bit too violent today, aren't I?... Maybe I'm a bit stressed... Whatever, a small nap will fix it"

*Plop*

*Thud!*

Falling heavily to the ground, an enormous bed of King size soon appeared in the middle of the room, and Aspen jumped on top of it without even minding the fact that the sole bed was taking almost all the space in the room.

In an already far and distant land, the cries of sorrow from an old man wearing a crown resonated through several kilometers around him, lamenting the loss of his daughter... and his bed.

°

°

°

Far away from the location of our protagonist, In the middle of a throne room in a giant and ominous castle, the enormous and grotesque figure of what seemed to be a Goblin with overweight, and muscles all over the places where the fat couldn't reach, would be seen pondering about something with an impatient expression on its face.

"That bastard... Gnudar, why don't you just follow my orders?! If you gave your help, we could have already finished those humans up and taken over their territory, and I wouldn't need to be in this filthy and disgusting place!!"

In a fit of rage, he slapped the plate filled with food in front of him and sent it crashing towards the wall without mercy. The force behind that strike was such, that even the wall suffered heavy damage after being hit by the plate.

The nearby Goblin guards trembled in fear while watching their King fuming in rage while destroying things without care... They knew that if they happened to become the next thing his majesty would use to release his anger, then there was no chance that they would survive.

Fortunately for all of them, the rage inside the eyes of the King soon subsided as he walked calmly towards the window with a pensive expression on his face.

He was looking directly towards the horizon with his eyes narrowing dangerously.

"The Corruption and the Crimson are slowly but surely taking over the Goblin Kingdom... At this rate, we won't make it... However, if it is really that necessary, I will lead personally the next and last invasion towards the human territory!! I won't let my Kingdom fall upon such a calamity when the solution is being kept away from us by such lowly beings!"

In a map on the table near the King, the borders of the Goblin Kingdom could be seen to be surrounded by two lands of purple and red respectively.

"Many of my subjects have already fallen prey to the Crimson and became mindless beasts... While the corruption has consumed dozens of villages and left nothing but destruction and waste behind... I won't stand this anymore, even if I have to sacrifice many of my soldiers, we will take over the human territory, one way or another!!"

Veins could be seen surfacing the forehead of the Enormous Goblin King, and even though the guards were scared of his enraged state, they also felt pumped up by the thought of finally moving to a more prosperous place, even if it meant killing all the humans!

*Bam!!*

Suddenly, the doors of the main hall opened abruptly and a goblin guard entered the throne room with a pale face.

"What is it? Should I execute you here for interrupting?!" The Goblin King smashed the table with his fist and looked at the guard with a murderous expression. However, although he was shaken at the furious gaze of his ruler, the unbelievable expression of the Goblin did not disappear, what he had seen was too unbelievable for him to simply shrug it aside right now.

"My lord... There's a giant ship approaching the borders of the Kingdom!!"

"A ship? What are you, an idiot? How can a ship be approaching this city if there's not even water for it to move?!"

"It's flying my lord, it's coming from the Sky!!!"

"What...?"

...


Sorry for the wait again, The exams are finally the other week, so I should be able to increase the speed of updates a bit after it.

Also, I am now officially 18 years old!

I got a job already. lol

luckily for you guys, this job is a bit slow, so I can just write in the middle of it whenever there's nothing to do.

Anyway, that's all for today.

bye bye

48