Chapter 1: Wild Trouble/Update
115 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
As all you have read or are aware of, a chapter was promised to be coming out today or tomorrow yesterday. but as things seem to occur one after another, it appears it will be difficult to keep said promise that was made. as it will have to be delayed one or two more days, as real life has to take priority temporarily, but with just a little luck I will be able to get it finished by my new deadline until then though, I shall be going, chow!

 For those that are diligently returning to check up on my work, here's a small portion of the story that I hope will satiate your boredom until I've completed the next chapter, as something that I hope new readers will also like, but enough of my ramblings, enjoy!

   

 ~A week later, within the same forest~ 

Life soon returns to the previous tempo it had before, as a new day's sunlight starts streaming through the wilted canopy of leaves. As it spills through the cracks, some fall upon a certain squirrel that begins to among the trunks of trees and their branches. while it moves and scuttles among the trees it keeps wary alertness of its surroundings, wary of potential predators. Moving along the trees, gathering the last few berries that can be found before sunrise. Once it has them, it starts heading towards one of its hideouts to put away its food. It moves softly along, not daring to alert the predators of the forest of its presence. On its way towards its hidey-hole, it notices something.

In the nearby clearing, it ran from a while ago, was a strange object embedded within the earth. If had the knowledge of a person, it would know this object to be a spear, a particularly ornate one going by its appearance. The response the squirrel gives is that it's not her business to mess with the strange item. 

At least until something begins to pull upon it, as strange energy entices and entrances the squirrel intently. Without being able to resist, the squirrel is pulled into moving closer to the spear itself. As it does so, the surroundings seem to grow quieter and become filled with whispers, as something moves among the clearings shadows. Once the squirrel is nearly touching the spear, a creature of shadow and ash rushes at the squirrel madly, striking down at it. As a result of such an action, it startles the squirrel out of its trance.

But without the ability to evade, the squirrel chooses to reflexively use its own power. Resulting in both creatures trading blows. Once the exchange occurs the shadow rushes back into hiding, nursing the fatal injury it had taken from its clash. As the squirrel rushes away as well, dripping small drops of blood as it goes. As the squirrel tries to distance itself from the beast, it gradually grows weaker. As the blood trail grows in length, it starts to lose consciousness. Before it falls unconscious and at which point can move no longer, it comes across a horse-sized porcupine, one that is harnessed to an odd device, one that has made of wood. Though before the squirrel can identify anything further it drops to the ground, collapsing from the blood loss. As the squirrel falls unconscious, a strange being steps off from the device known as a caravan. It then proceeds to pick up the squirrel gently to examine its injuries. Once it has done so, it takes the squirrel quietly into the caravan with no hesitation on its part.

2