21– Luca: “Christmas is here!”
55 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

December 24, Thursday

Seven in the evening.

Luca was walking in the street together with the floating gingerbread man that no one can see. 

The night seems to be unusual compare to any other night, Luca used to walked on the same route. 

The street were filled with music and cheers. All lanterns were lite up, even the trees brightens up the moonless and starless cloud filled sky. 

"Achoo!" Luca looked up, tiny white fluff fell from the sky like magic. But the cold it brings brought Luca shivering. 

Tomorrow is Christmas. 

Many people expect many things from tomorrow's event. 

Wishes to be fulfilled. 

Love ones to celebrate on.

Gifts to give.

Even Luca have expecting something to happen tomorrow's Christmas.

Truth to be told, Luca never thought of this year's Christmas as something special. But since this system came, many unexpected things happened to him. 

And with those things happening, even he can think of tomorrow's occasion as something special.

Of course, because after tomorrow, this system will no longer linger around. 

And Luca will finally be able to go back to his usual daily life!

This thoughts made Luca happy, and he can't help but speed up his pace so that, he could go home much earlier and sleep earlier. 

...

"Congratulations, host for completing the additional Task. Here's your reward, another free ticket for the lucky roulette." The system handed Luca a piece of ticket and Luca accepted it.

Now, Luca have a total of <4x tickets> including yesterday's. If the incident last December 22, didn't happen, Luca might have five tickets now. 

But it didn't matter. Luca just wanted to have more ticket, because he was not sure if he will be able to get the locator in one try. 

Tomorrow is Friday, and it's impossible for Luca to complete the additional Task. 

Global Warming is not an international BPO company, but a local one. 

This country is rather independent and didn't rely on other country for this kind of business, unlike other countries. 

Luca's company is one of the largest BPO company in their country. Almost half of this country's business outsourcing rely on Global Warming. 

That's why, they don't have to go to work tomorrow. Its Holliday. 

Even if somebody do really come, no one is going to call. Because everyone knows tomorrow now Christmas.

After finishing all his schedule for today, Luca is just about to prepare for his sleep, when he heard the "Jingel Bells" tune suddenly.

But Luca was already used to it suddenly ringing and a scroll appearing.  He didn't even plan on giving it a glance and directly ignore it. 

That's when Luca heard the doorbell ringing. 

Luca stood up, as if it was normal for someone to knock on his door, in this time of the night. In fact, Luca was actually waiting for this moment. 

Why wouldn't he? This was his reward. So, why would he not be happy waiting for it? Just accept it!

Knowing what's he is thinking, the system can't help but gashed it's teeth to Luca. The gingerbread man wanted to scream in protest but didn't dare to do so. So, it just complain inside. 

Luca kept calling the system shameless, but aren't Luca acting shameless now. He didn't even did anything to deserve to get a reward. But as luck would have it, Luca really did receive a reward because he completed the mission that day.

That's right, the last unchecked task from last time, Luca succeeded in finding a loophole and dash right straight into it and completed the mission. 

Just remembering it, the system can't help but want to praise Luca high to the sky for being so resourceful.

But the gingerbread man can't do anything about it now. It was already done. Sighing, system 1225, just went to looked at Luca who came at the door and opened it.

The handsome man from next door appeared as Luca widen the gap of the door until it opened up completely.

The handsome man held a delicate box. From the scent it was emitting, Luca guess that it was a box of donuts. 

His eyes brightens, like little stars shine in them. The handsome man really love seeing Luca like this.

"Here. Take this." However, unlike what the system expected, Luca hesitated. Though, this was his reward, he still thought it's quite shameless for him to just took the box. 

It didn't came from the system but was given by a person. Luca didn't know whether or not it was appropriate to accept things from others. Especially, just days ago, he was the one giving things to this man. 

Noticing Luca's hesitation, the handsome man pushed the box into Luca's arms and said, "It's okay. This is a left over donuts from the cafe I was working in. Everyone at the store came home holding a box."

He looked at Luca and asked, "How about we share it?"

The light in Luca's eyes already dimmed when he first hesitated earlier. So, when he heard the man's words, the sparkles in his eyes regain it's light.

Luca, then step to the side, inviting the donut bringer to his house. 

And just like that, another day past.

And now it's Christmas.

...

7