22– Luca: “Merry Christmas.”
51 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It could be said, after the incident with the car chasing, Luca and the handsome man's relationship jumped from stranger to being a close neighbor to a friend where he could eat inside Luca's house at night. 

After giving the handsome man sweets two times a day for three days straight, Luca finally got his reward. 

The donuts the handsome man went to share with Luca is not something Luca had ever tasted before. 

"This is really delicious." Luca cheeks bulged as he munched on his donut with blank face. The donut is chewy and the texture is soft. More so, the fragrant of the bun is hard to resist. 

The filling inside is extraordinary. It's sweet yet not to sweet. The sweetness is just enough, that will make you want to eat more. The taste burst in Luca's mouth like fireworks filling his mouth with indescribable sense of happiness. 

At the same time, he was feeling a little doubt. Such delicious thing and it was given away just like that.

"Are you sure this delicious thing was given away? You didn't brought this from somewhere, are you?" 

Hearing Luca's inquiry, the handsome man smile and looked at him straight in the eyes.

"Why'd you say so?"

Luca stared back, still munching on his donut. "I've visited most of cafe and bakery in this city, before. Never tasted this one before."

In this city center, stores and establishment were all just steps away from each other. Although, Luca is afraid of cars to the point of passing out, he could still go to where he wanted on foot. 

That's why, this city is really a paradise for Luca. You don't need to go far. Everything you need is just right there. And Luca having a sweet tooth need to wander around to satisfy his appetite once in a while.

And one of those days, Luca stumbled upon that cafe. Every since then, Luca didn't wander around anymore and would just always go straight towards that cafe. 

That cafe maybe a cafe, but their main attraction is their confectioneries. Speaking of confectioneries, the bakery from last time, where Luca met this neighbor of his for the first time– For what Luca had known, that bakery was bought by that cafe as an extension.

Luca heard that, the cafe became so popular that it became so crowded. And as they became known, the menu also increases. 

"But this donut somehow have the taste of that cafe from the street corner." He mumbled as he continue eating bite after bite.

"Wow~ you could taste where it came from? Impressive." 

"Huh? It really came from that cafe?" 

"yup." The handsome man smile and nodded in agreement. 

"So, that's why." Since this donut came from that place, Luca didn't doubt the man any more. Only the cafe owner could create something simple but taste incredibly delicious.

The handsome man stayed with Luca until 11. And just before the handsome man went home, he asked Luca about Christmas. 

Luca felt that the handsome man wanted to spend Christmas with him. But sorry it's no for Luca.

He just wanted to enjoy a day just for himself tomorrow. And Luca planned on not going out of his house the whole day tomorrow. 

And so, after the cold night past, it was not Christmas.

Luca was awaken by the sounds of bells ringing the full song of "Jingel Bells". It's like a bell of orchestra, where different bells sing on different tune, pitch and tempo. Like a choir welcoming the joyous Christmas day.

Luca can't help but frown his brows towards the noise. He wanted to stop it and go back to sleep, but the noise didn't stop. Instead, the system even added itself to the noise.

"Host, wake up! It's Christmas time!!"

It took some time before Luca opened his eyes. And what welcomed him was the sight of a delicious thing with its candy cane happily waving then as it sing a Christmas song. 

"Merry Christmas, Host."

Rubbing his eyes awake. Luca for the first time, smiled at the system and greeted it back. "...merry Christmas."

...

...

...

System 1225: "Host! Did you just smile at me?"

Luca: "mn. Merry Christmas!"

System 1225: "I'm so touched, host. And here I thought you don't love me enough."

Luca: "No. I'm just happy that you'll be gone the next day that I forgot my image. Don't think too much."

System 1225: "...I can't believe that you said it! I don't like you any more!" QAQ

Luca: "k."

System 1225: "..." QAQ

7