23– Luca and the Infinite Christmas!
53 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's now Christmas, but for Luca it's just an ordinary day. A day where he can slack off all day.

Luca lie on the couch watching movie, as he munch on the potato chips placed in his chest. 

Somewhere at the corner of the room, a gingerbread man sulkily squat facing the wall, while drawing circles on the ground. 

It really can't understand this host. The host and the mission target were already close enough for the host to permit the mission target inside the house and stayed until it was already late at night. 

They already have their rendezvous moments, but this host still insist on being a straight man. 

He didn't even know that the mission Target's degree of affection already reach beyond that of a friend's. 

Thinking about this, system 1225 can't help but recall what happened last night.

Even it, the system was shocked when it saw the handsome man yesterday night. The reward was actually just bullsh*t the system said on the whim. 

Seeing Luca so uninterested, the system panicked and said something about the reward. But the truth is, there was actually no reward. 

Santa Claus build the system and scattered them all over the world as the gift itself. The system's goal is to fill in the gaps missing in person's heart, so they could obtain happiness. 

That's why, there is no such thing as reward. The reward from additional Task was something the system randomly thought of just to motivate it's host. 

More over, that additional task pave way to many opportunities for the system to connect the fate of the mission target to the host. 

Even now, the system still can't believed that Luca didn't know his neighbor at all. 

Luca was living in this building for years now. And even if the handsome man just moved to this complex, as a tenant, Luca oat to know, especially it was his own neighbor. 

But who would have thought, that not only did Luca not know his neighbor. He also didn't know the who the cafe owner he kept praising to the sky is. 

When the system get to know of this small details, it didn't know whether to laugh or cry. 

From the very beginning, these two person's lives were already connected. But for some reason they just can't meet up half way. 

Because of that, the system was needed to intervene. 

Fortunately, the handsome man is not like Luca. Who would have thought that, the handsome man's degree of affection would jumped from 20 to 80. 

After that incident with the car, not only Luca, but that handsome also change. 

Before, the system noticed that this handsome man was already interested on Luca but not that way. He just felt that Luca looked extreme lonely always walking alone. 

He felt cold and lonely, like a traveler walking in the desert alone without any company. 

He wanted to become Luca's friend. As his neighbor, he felt compelled, as if it was his responsibility to do so. But Luca was just so hard to get close to.

System 1225 actually didn't know what happened. When Luca introduced himself, as if shocked by electricity, the degree of affection shot up to 50. And it only goes up, as Luca have him things repeatedly for days. 

And last night, from 75, the handsome man's affection rise up again and now stay stagnant at 80. 

'What a turn of events.' The system wished that his host was the same.

Looking at the pitiful 10 affection from his host. The system didn't know what to say. 

The system now, kind of felt pity for that handsome man. 

"No! I can't give up. There's still plenty of time." Motivating itself, the system get up and jumped towards the floating snow flake and flew towards Luca.

"Host. Are you sure your just going to lie there all day, until the end of Christmas?"

Crunch. Munch. Munch. Munch. 

Swallowing, Luca turn to looked at the gingerbread bread man and couldn't help but knitted his brows. 

He always felt something is wrong with this system. 

Not only did it not gave punishment for not doing any mission, it didn't even care if it was done or not. 

What kind of system is this?

And now that Luca heard it's inquiry, somehow, he felt weird. Like Luca always felt that something will happen, but he didn't know what it was. 

"Mn." He nodded in answer. "This is how I always spend my Christmas. Why?"

"Nothing" the system smile. Just as it was about to leave, Luca suddenly stopped it.

"Wait." 

The system halted and looked at Luca puzzled. "What is it, host?"

"I'm just curious. You know, with all your name and all. Is it really ok?" 

"Huh?" 

"You know. Is it really ok, for something not to happen at all?"

"Oh that. It's fine, host. I could just try again."

Luca perk up his ears waiting for the system to speak more, but contrary to his expectations, that's it. The system didn't elaborate anymore. 

Nevertheless, this brought Luca to smile very heartly. He still felt apprehensive though. This shameless system gave up just like that?

"I see. Then good luck to you." After saying that, he went back on watching the movie. He already turned his head back to the TV, and missed the system's expression when he said good luck to it.

The system smile. It's eyes glimmer with anticipation it never had before. Then it murmur, "...yes, host. Good luck to you too."

And so, Christmas passed just like that.

Luca still can't believe it ended just like that. He expected something more dramatic will happen. Something extreme where the system will suddenly turn evil and finally become the evil gingerbread man.

But it didn't happen.

Luca woke up, the same as usual. 

He woke up at 7 in the morning. He looked around, his ears alert but he still never found a single trace of that annoying system. 

Luca was so happy that he felt the feeling of having a quiet environment. There is no system who talks like a sales man with unending energy saved. There is no irritating sound of "Jinger Bells". 

Everything looks normal. No flying snow flake. No talking and walking gingerbread man. It was just Luca's ordinary daily life.

Chuckling happily, Luca went to do his chores as it written in schedule, and finally directly went to work when the time comes.

...

Sitting on his own chair, Luca place the head set on, he was now ready to take calls.

Ring~ Ring~

"Thank you for calling, Global Warming. This is Luca, how can I help you?" Luca's voice is extra joyful compare to before. He realizes this, but he didn't want to surpressed the excitement he was feeling. 

So, up until the end of his work, Luca's efficacy didn't drop at all. In fact, Luca didn't even felt like he was tired. 

He felt, sleep and hungry. Yes, but he still felt energized. 

Luca walked happily on the street on his way to his home. He never suspected anything. After all, who would remember things that happened a week ago. Especially, they, even thought they were just a call center agent, they still signed confidentiality.

After years of working at Global Warming, Luca was now used to forgetting any details in his calls once he ended the call. 

And it's not worth storing much anyway. It will just bring head aches. 

Also, Christmas just ended yesterday, there is also the new year celebration. So even if the Christmas already passed, these decorations will remain until the next year. 

That's why, Luca just walked without suspecting anything.

Well, not until, he heard a familiar tune.

"Jinger Bells~♪♪"

Luca stopped his steps, almost colliding with someone from behind him. Luca heard someone curses, but he does not care. 

Wide eyes, Luca stared dumbfounded at the familiar scene in front of him.

"Congratulations Host! Once again, this system is system #1225 aka Finding the Right Guy Before Christmas System! Since Host failed to find his Right Guy before Christmas and wasn't able to celebrate Christmas with your right guy. The system will now initiates 'Infinite Christmas'."

8