27– Luca and the System’s Regret
56 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waking up, the first thing Luca did was to looked at the clock. 

December 18, Friday.

Sighing, Luca rubbed his eyes as he get up, while yawning. 

"...so it was true." He mumbled. 

Of course, Luca didn't really believed the system that day. Although, the system is magical, can it even have a power to bound Luca to a never ending loop?

Luca thought it was Impossible, but it seems that he was wrong. 

That week, his first loop. Except from that day at the cafe, Luca didn't meet his neighbor ever again. He also avoided the speedy car incident that week.

Luca's life is boring and could be summarized in just a few words. Waking up, eating, going to work, going home, eating and sleeping, and all over again. 

If the system didn't appear, then Luca ordinary boring life will always be this way. He was okay with it. He was used to it. 

But now... Luca don't know what to think anymore. 

Within the first few times, it's cool and Luca didn't care much. Nevertheless, having it cool doesn't really solved the problem itself. 

What about the next time. 

Trapped in time, he will surely lose his mind. 

Fortunately, Luca's case is not like someone's groundhog's day. At least he have a week, not a day. 

More than that, Luca have his system.

As Luca walked to his job, he wonder...

What will the system do if he still refuse to comply?

"..." Looking up at the dimmed sky, Luca couldn't help but snickered with that thought. 

"... wish, huh?" What is it anyway...

...

...

...

Luca grew up with a happy family. Dreams, fairy tales, even Santa Claus, you name it, Luca will certainly believed them all. 

He was a happy kid, with big dreams and much more larger imagination. Even his closest friend can't help but mocked his naivety.

But that was before. After everything that's happened, everything change.

Luca lives in order to wait for his death every day. Everyday, he questioned himself– "Why does he still lives?"

He was alone now. For a very long time, Luca gave up many things and now, he didn't care about anything now. 

This time loop, Luca didn't care about it as well. It just makes him amused. The system is trying hard, doing what it can. Even creating this time loop just so, he would panicked and do what it will. 

What it didn't know, for Luca, everyday is just the same. Whether time is in loop or not. The world is the same black and white as he used to see it.

When the system realizes this problem, it was already too late. Luca already undergone multiple loops. 

"Host~ how long are you going to stay this way." The gingerbread man looks tired. It's childish voice sounded exhausted. The glitters in it's eyes were now dimmed, it's as if, this gingerbread man now copying Luca. A person who looks like he lost his soul, but was still living like a zombie.

"Heh." Luca mocked. "Then stop this farce. Turn off this, this loopy time something and turn on my ordinary life."

"I can't do that." The system deflated more. It now looked like it would crumbled at any minute. For Luca it seems that this system used a lot of its energy for this time loopy thing. But what he didn't understand is, why does it go to this extent.

Reading his mind the system mutter, "...'cause it not only your wish...this system is just unlucky that it have to bind to a host that doesn't follow a proper script!"

"What does that mean it's not just my wish?" Luca poke the lethargic gingerbread man. It's sway as it glared at Luca, but it's body felt so heavy that it can't do anything now. 

Luca have been going in circles for about 20 times now. This really impressed the system but as time went back over and over again, the system felt apprehensive. Now, it only felt regret that it picked the wrong road.

This loop didn't taught Luca a lesson like the system had thought. It thought that for a certain extent that the time went back over and over again, Luca will beg the system a way for the time to stop it's cycle. But it was wrong.

Not only did Luca ignore the time cycle, Luca even had a gall to just wait in his home everyday, forgetting everything about the outside world.

The system still remember what Luca had said that time.

It asked one time, "Host, it time for you to go to work. You have been staying inside your house for about, let's see, five cycles now. I think it's enough, when will you go out?"

Luca just glanced at it and went back watching movies. After a while he replied, "nah~" his voice was soft as a cotton, but it didn't fluctuate like it used to. Luca may have a cold face, but his voice still have they're colors. But now, the system can't help but shivers hearing Luca's voice that didn't have any emotions at all. "Time will go back in the end. So, my record is still fine." He paused and looked at the system. "I haven't been like this since I came to this city."

That's the first time the system realizes it's own grave mistakes. It's knew the host's past, but for privacy, the system didn't thoroughly check it. Now it seriously regret not doing so.

After that time, the system carefully read Luca's file and the system was shocked and felt really regretful that it used this kind of method to make this stubborn host obedient.

Luca's parents died in a car accident. He was there as well, but he was the only one who survive. Not only that, but in the past, Luca was saved by his closest friend from being hit by a speedy car and ended up being the one who was hurt by the crash.

With these series of accidents, Luca was totally traumatized.

After his parents death, Luca failed to get out of his house. For three years, he never went out. Only after Luca felt that he was better that he migrated in this city five years ago. And within those five years, he maintain this boring and lifeless life style. 

The system felt that it just ate a bitter pill. But it can't do anything about it anymore. It could it only find a way to remedy this situation or else. If this go on, the system could only stop the infinite Christmas or it will deplete its energy entirely. 

...

...

...

Handsome Man: "Hey Author!!! You squish such a huge time skip in this chapter. how about me!! don't tell me you forgot about me as well!! 

Author: "Not really. Don't worry, you will have your time."

Handsome Man: "What time?! You stopped reading now that you have The Flash! When will you finish our story. I still don't have my own name!!"

Author: "So, it was the name...I still don't know. let's meet again next chapter, maybe you'll have your name by then."

Handsome Man: "Are you kidding me?! I may not be at the next chapter, you stupid lazy Author!!"

oh my gosh~ I've been so cope up with watching the Flash, that I don't know how to write this part.

I've been so, stuck in this part, I dunno what to write. 

sheesh~

well, don't be surprised about the huge time skip. I really can't describe Luca's life everyday. 'Caise from Luca's personality, with this time loop, he will just stay inside his house not doing anything.

sigh~ such a troublesome protagonist.

8