Chapter 24: The Fall of the kingdom of Linoire (Part 1)
349 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Leona’s recovery from her weakened became faster, as soon she regained some of her mana, she focused on healing magic for her body and in just one day she was able to stand back on her feet.

She was visited by her older sister, Elena.

“Finally, you can stand up on your feet.”

“Not like it’s gonna make a difference.”

The both of the sisters started their conversation, before a knight came inside the room to report something.

“Princess Elena, there is a man stating that he would like to start a negotiation, what should we do about him?”

“Ah, I see, please let him in.”

The knight bowed and exited the bedroom.

Hearing her sister’s reply, Leona immediately got a smug look, and went closer to her older sister.

“My, Older sister, did you escape from the kingdom just to meet with your secret lover.”

Hearing what her younger sister said, Elena, became flustered, her face became red from her sister’s impossible thought.

“No! no! you’ve got the wrong idea! Leona!”

Her older sister screamed at her, but Leona didn’t stop with her teasing.

“Let’s just see how your Friend looks, I won’t mind.”

“you-“

“Now, let’s start the negotiation, Elena Linoire.”

Elena was interrupted by Arthur’s voice, along with Elena’s attention, his voice also got the attention of her younger sister Leona.

Leona saw a young man, probably in his mid-20s, he had straight white hair, his skin was pale, a well-built physique, that was under his clothing, and somewhere between 6’1” ft.

Leona was suddenly captivated when the handsome man entered the room. She slid closer to her sister and whispered.

“Oh, where’d you meet?”

Flustered, Elena tried to silence her, in a whispering manner.

“Shh, that’s none of your business.”

Sir Kliest walked up to Elena and Leona who wear both sitting at the bed, he then and sat near a chair that was near a desk.

He sat with a straight posture, arms crossed on his body, and interrogated the both of them.

“Now, I can’t fight your civil war without knowing what was the cause and what is currently happening.”

The both of the girls went silent but Leona went closer to Elena and whispered to her ear.

“He’s cold.”

The 3 then went into complete silence, In an awkward-like situation, where no one dared talk in a few minutes.

Until Elena finally decided to explain about what happened as to why the civil war even took place.

“Sir Kliest, this may be a long story, but I hope you can listen.”

Sir Kliest nodded.

“Then let me start.”

***

When I was still a young princess, somewhere between 3 or 4, father had annexed the kingdom of Jon on our northwestern border, upon his annexation he ordered the execution of the entire royal Jon family but one escaped.

He was the third prince, Litos Jon, with a member of royalty still alive the Nobility of Jon still had hope for independence. Under a long period of preparation, the nobility of Jon started secretly planning their rebellion, they started disobeying royal decrees and orders from the royal family as I turned 17, and in the next 3 years they would launch their long awaited plan.

This caught most of our nobility and even us off guard, with their preparations and even other of our nobles joining them, they quickly overwhelmed my uncle, Marquis Lono, who was in-charged of our northern defense sector.

Before the war, my older sister, Liara, had already been married to the king of Tryon, they were supposed to give us aid, but due to the demonic plague in the northern continents, they had to withdraw, since it was the order of the papacy to help those that were affected.

This along with more and more of our nobles supporting the Nobility of Jon’s rebellion, erupted to the civil war you hear today. Like I said more of our nobles supported them. Because of that our entire northern sector was completely controlled by the Nobility of Jon.

When it still wasn’t enough, another rebellion happened under one of father’s enemies, Duke Geroi, He led multiple slave revolts with the pretext of ‘slavery is hated by our god, Prias, all living beings are equal!” because of him multiple slave revolts happened in the south of the kingdom.

First brother was to focus on the Northern front, while Third brother focused on the Slave rebellion, while I was supposed to escape and seek aid from Tryon, while my younger sister, Leona, Helped First Brother in trying to subjugate the Nobility of Jon, using her magical prowess.

We were able to halt the Nobility of Jon’s largest army, under Baron Sive, a member of the Nobility of Jon. We celebrated our victory, thinking the enemy was neutralized for a short amount of time so that we can use it to our advantage.

But before we knew it, First Brother had already betrayed us and the Kingdom.

When we thought we could finally get the upper hand, brother leaked our subjugation campaign, leading to a crushing defeat, this resulted in a giant morale drop and nobles defecting to the enemy, because of this I (Elena) had to flee through the border, I still didn’t know who was the spy in our ranks, so I was ratted out.

This severely weakened my guards, so we were immediately taken prisoners by that red-eyed ogre and those goblins, if it weren’t for you, I didn’t know what I could be able to do.

As Elena stopped her explanation, Arthur interrupted.

“So, was that it?”

Leona then answered immediately.

“You’ve only heard her part, not my part, I stayed in the kingdom far longer than older sister here, I can give you a rundown of what happened while she was away.”

13