Chapter 30: Negotiation
291 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“We were able to flee through the secret passage as the enemy slaughtered our comrades, as we reached the western defense sector, I split ways with third brother and tried finding aid, but I was ambushed in the process, leaving me here.”

Leona finished as I Listened to their story, I listened carefully and overall, a counter-attack was useless, an army outnumbering yours 5 to 1 was impossible to win, except using guerilla tactics and unconventional tactics was plausible, but the result won’t be what you hoped for.

“Will you be able to help us?”

Elena asked me, she was sweating and anxious on my answer.

But what I wanted was a secure position in the continent and planet, with my dreadnoughts I have the power to use force to make all the planets bow to me, but using fear to control a populace always doesn’t work, in fact, it’s the other way around.

The only way is for diplomatic ties and a respected and popular reputation, neither myself or through a puppet.

I looked at Elena who was still waiting for my answer, to which I responded with a request.

“I want to be granted a secure and powerful position, second to the commander-in-chief.”

Both of the siblings were shocked at my request.

“What do you mean Second-in-command?!”

Leona suddenly shouted at me, she was shocked at my request, in their eyes I was just a random noble and was already asking for a position second only to the king.

Elena looked at the ground seriously, I could tell the decision she was about to make was very hard, no, maybe even impossible, making a decision to give a stranger a powerful position that can give him the ability to even overthrow the king.

“Elena! We may be almost fallen royalty but that doesn’t mean he can just do th-“

“If I give you what you want, will you betray us or not.”

Elena looked at me.

“Once you say yes, you’ll be my client, of course I won’t betray you…”

I reclined back at my chair.

“That is, if your enemy can give me a better deal, I am just like a merchant of course, I choose the one that can give me the most profit.”

Hearing my response she still felt uneasy, but she trusted me.

“As long as you won’t betray us, I can give you what you want.”

“Then, you agree with my terms and conditions?”

Elena with a serious face, replied at me.

“Yes.”

I smirked back at her.

“Currently I don’t have the paperwork to make this legitimate, hopefully you won’t double-cross me.”

Elena immediately replied.

“No! Don’t worry you can trust me, Sir Kliest.”

I stood up from my seat and walked to the room’s door, before opening it I looked back at Elena.

“Pleasure doing business.”

And I soon left the room.

After exiting the room, the two siblings were then left alone to where Leona was still suspicious of Arthur, but Elena had already made her mind.

“Hey, sis, are you sure we can trust him?”

To which she replied honestly.

“Yes, I can trust, Sir Kliest”

***

I walked to my inn’s room, looked at my backpack and took my transmitter, I immediately contacted LISA, my dreadnought’s AI.

“Lisa, what is our fighting capabilities to the planet that can minimize damage along with our available armament that can wipe out an army in one blast.”

Her hologram didn’t appear because our talk wouldn’t need it, I just wanted answers to my questions.

“All three ship’s fighting capabilities are still at maximum, for our armaments we can use the long-range heavy ion cannon to bombard the enemy, they are fit for sieges and clustered enemies.”

“I see, I want you to focus the nearest Scout drones to the Linoirean sector and form the Linoirean intervention division.”

“Understood, Admiral.”

I was about to stop the transmission before requesting something from her again.

“I want you to monitor the Linoirean armies and their enemies, how powerful they are, what are they’re equipment and numbers and most importantly is there a third party.”

“Understood, Admiral.”

The transmission then stopped. I then threw my transmitter on my bed and talked to myself about my next plan.

“Now then, what’s next, ah, right… those superhuman powers… Elemental Control.”

Those human superpowers have been bothering me for quite some time, I still haven’t found a single clue or anything about it. That old man with that power is nowhere to be seen and I almost lost a drone because of it.

But if I look closer, they are connected to high ranking officials, maybe I can find somebody near Elena and her sister, I have to be careful about those two, they might have the ability to control the planet’s elements.

“Hey, Micron, have you found anything related to it.”

“No, Admiral, as long as I haven’t seen it with my own cameras, I can’t do anything.”

I sighed, I hit a roadblock, with those powers they can control the planet with ease, even endangering innocents.

Endangering innocents.

I sat on my bed, suddenly my mind remembered something.

***

I was with one of my aides, in one of my ships.

“Vice Admiral! What are you ordering! We can’t do that! the innocent civilians!”

“Are you disobeying my order commodore?”

“But-“

Then my plasma pistol suddenly released it’s dry sound of energy.

***

He tried disobeying my orders, so I killed him, it was only natural. As I was lost in my thoughts, my nanomachine suddenly reported me something.

“Admiral, I have received a nearby report, the energy that was being emitted by that man, was recorded by one of our nearby drones that were passing this area, it noticed that two people had the same registered but different type of energy as that of the old man.”

Though, I was shocked, I had already anticipated this, I controlled my emotions and tried thinking of a logical approach.

“The two are in a house both are near each other.”

“how did a scout drone reach this area?”

“It was supposed to be part of the Linoirean intervention division, it’s trajectory was supposed to enter this town’s airspace and to the Linoirean airspace before noticing the energy.”

“I see, well it’s time to hunt.”

I took my plasma pistol from my backpack and hid it under my shirt and left the room in search of those two elemental users.

8