Chapter 31: Sibling’s dispute
323 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Two near each other… I don’t know if they’re allies or enemies, but I do know they have abilities that can kill and endanger thousands, maybe even millions.”

I talked to myself, thinking of a plan to try and separate the both of them and hit them one by one. With such a power I don’t know if I can even go head to head with one, let alone two.

I walked through the interior of the inn, passing some drunken civilians, secretly in my mind, my Nanomachine, Micron, had already registered both the Elemental users coordinates, they were near the inn and inside a house.

“Admiral, turn left and within 15 meters both targets will be in our line of sight.”

I nodded in response and turned left, to my surprise I saw the same house where Leona and Elena were staying, inside my head I was now vigilant on the two of them.

“Tell the scout drone to circle back.”

“Yes, Admiral, enabling short-distance communications… please wait.”

 I saw the house they were in and I decided to stay near it, I acted with the crowd and waited for the next report to make sure the both of them where actually my targets, though we had a marketer and client relationship our deal still isn’t officially signed, I can breach it as long as it isn’t signed yet, though this will break our trust, I need to find out the secret about those abilities.

“Admiral, the scout drone had circled back and it is confirmed the two unknown energies are inside Ms. Elena and Ms. Leona.”

“I see, then there is no backing out.”

I was about to make my next move before being stopped by my nanomachine, which urgently informed me about something.

“Ms. Leona’s energy seems to be 3x higher than Elena’s… This is just a speculation, Admiral, but proceed Ms. Leona with Caution.”

What? I knew it there are different types of levels or degrees.

if one can cultivate and hone their elemental management and skills, they can improve their attack and defensive prowess being a powerful combatant, not to mention if maybe even civilians can be granted this type of power.

“It looks like, I’ll have to actually proceed Ms. Leona with caution.”

I walked away from the house and set my plasma pistol to ‘paralyze’, if I can’t fight them on equal ground, I can always lower the ground their on.

“Then, we play the waiting game.”

***

“Elena, this man or noble whoever he is, don’t you think he is a little arrogant I mean, why would you even promise him such a position! Eldest sister will be furious.”

Leona yelled at her older sister, who was still fed up in her thoughts.

“Elena! Are you listening! Don’t tell me you are having second thoughts about him?!”

Elena looked back at Leona with anger and anxiousness.

“I’m not! It’s just what can he do?”

Leona then found something to fight her back and make the conversation on her side.

“Yes! What can he even do! You promised him an impossible position! And you don’t even know what he will do to save the kingdom!”

Elena then went silent. It was true she still didn’t know much about, Sir Kliest’s true background, position, even power, but she knew that his swordsmanship was equal with their eldest brother, he was also a quick learner, as fast as the Lion scholar in the southern continent, not to mention he tamed a darkness wolf and let it run free.

“Can’t you just trust me?! Just this once! Trust him.”

Elena tried fighting back, she knew a little or two about Sir Kliest’s capabilities, but she believed that he could help the kingdom, even in its dire state, even just a little.

“You keep saying ‘trust him’, leaving aside his handsome physical structure and facial features, we don’t know anything about him? What-“

She was suddenly interrupted by Elena, who was at that point quite angry.

“You know what… why don’t you just go back to your mage academy, Afterall aren’t you supposed to be a nominated 'sage apprentice' by now.”

Leona suddenly paused with what Elena just said. Elena using their personal life was a bad move, it changed the topic and even mocked Leona's decisions, especially since Leona worked so hard just to be nominated for that rank, then suddenly, Leona’s face was visible hatred on her sister.

“You wouldn’t understand how hard I worked just to be nominated! How many days and nights I practiced just to get a nomination!” she paused, but in her face it was already written, inside her was the anger and despair she felt that had happened to not only her, but also her beloved family.

“I wanted to be the sage to help father! To help the family!... I Did everything right! But why?!”

The two went into a fight, until Leona in anger, stormed outside the room, she left Elena inside the room alone contemplating on what just happened, her mind was full with different thoughts, she didn’t think clearly, leading to their fight.

As Leona left the room, she was stopped by one of her guards, who guarded the door of the room.

“Princess Leona, Where are you going?”

She didn’t make any moves for eye contact with the guard and commanded him to stay and don’t follow her.

“Stay here, don’t follow me.”

And she ran outside the house with tears already dripping from her eyes.

***

“Admiral, it seems that a dispute with the two happened.”

“It appears so, record her movements.”

I waited near the house, I took cover at a nearby house and stayed for a couple of minutes, as she was far enough to not notice me, I soon followed pursuit without her knowing.

She was running and seems to be wiping something from eyes, maybe she was crying. But that didn’t stop me from following her.

I followed her outside the town’s gate and she ran straight to the forest, I also noticed she used the path to the nearby lake. It was a good place to weep but not for a fight, after all, there is water. I still hadn’t discovered what element she controlled.

I kept my distance from her and observed her from afar, I took my plasma pistol that was already set to paralyze and tried aiming it at her who suddenly stopped at the path, maybe for a breather.

“Admiral, it seems the strange energy is strengthening itself inside Ms. Leona, proceed with caution.”

I took my aim behind her back, preparing to fire.

“Wind Magic! Wind Blade!”

She shouted suddenly, surprising me.

I soon felt a strong gust of wind from behind me and coming onto her hand, I felt the wind blowing my hair until a circular blade formed on her hand that she was currently holding.

“Wind Magic! Air Blade!”

She again shouted suddenly, I aimed my plasma pistol downwards and jumped onto the ground, in a split second I saw another circular blade cut an entire tree in half, making the top half fall near me.

What the hell? Is this possible?

I looked back at her who was still standing in a vigilant stance, but I still noticed her hand holding the first circular wind blade thing. it seemed she didn't throw it, but made another one.

I soon stood up from the ground, and immediately noticed more circular blade forming and appearing near her body, it formed itself mid-air, which was a sight to behold to.

So… this is Elemental Control.

8