Chapter 32: An Admiral Vs a Mage
301 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You! Sir Kliest! Why are you here! Why were you following me!”

She shouted, still wary of my movements, she acted like she knows combat but she is only hiding atop hill, that is her so called 'elemental control', it can be used for both attacks and defense.

If I can’t attack her on equal ground, I can always level the ground down to me.

In my mind I contacted my nanomachine to prepare for his analyzation of her movement and abilities and manufacture something that I can use. If the humans here can use it, doesn’t that mean as long as your human you can use it, since humans can use it.

“Why aren’t you talking?! Talk?! Why are you following me!”

She kept shouting to which I replied with a death glare, seeing my response, she flinched but immediately got herself together.

“Admiral, preparation’s complete.”

Good, prepare manufacturing, I can only fight for so long.

“Yes, Admiral.”

I prepared myself also, gripping my plasma pistol tightly and prepped myself for her next attack.

“I see, so you were actually connected to the Nobility of Jon, like it matters, I’ll finish you quick and clean.”

She points her hand to me and a wave of those flying wind blades flew at me, immediately I rolled on the ground evading her attack and shot my first round at her, to which she also evaded.

“Electric magic, I see, so you’re actually a mage also… guess it’s time to get serious.”

She pointed her hand again at me, to which I waited for her attack, that never came, until I felt a sudden slash at my arm that held the pistol.

From behind! Nice tactic… it seems I quite understand a little or two.

“Admiral, I need more examples.”

Alright.

I looked at my enemy, Leona, and started shooting her using a burst type attack, she won’t have enough time to react because she needs to evade all of my shots.

To my surprise, she successfully evaded all 9 shots, she probably used her wind ability to manipulate her movements, she tried using her wind blade thing to try and block my attack that was about to turn into melee combat. But I already prepared myself for that, I purposely dropped to the ground near her, and shot her foot with my plasma gun’s paralyzing round, immediately shocking her entire body, she soon fell to the ground.

I soon stood up but I soon noticed something, the wind blade thing on her hand started disappearing and reappearing, yet, it was another knowledgeable fact.

It seems it needs concentration to work, no wonder.

I waited for the effects of the paralyzing round to where off, to where she looked back at me with confusion, maybe because I didn’t kill her immediately.

She only looked at me with a serious face and launched a rear attack using her wind blade. My hypothesis on how they execute their attacks is that they need concentration, without it seems they are unable to make an attack lethal enough to kill.

If my hypothesis is right, then emotions can decide if they can execute more of their attacks or not, but I need something to test it out on. Though I was in my thoughts I was still wary of my surroundings and evaded her rear attack. I soon took a distance away from her, both of us were range fighters but I was more experienced in melee and hand-to hand combat.

But I also can’t kill her right now, I need more examples and the extent of her abilities. I planned to paralyze her again this time with an increase in its input, I aimed my plasma pistol and pressed the trigger, which missed as she suddenly used another element.

“Defensive Magic! Blazing Barrier!”

Suddenly surprising me, as from the ground a large wall of fire had been erected, maybe erupted from the ground, it covered her entire body, but it didn’t stop me from shooting her again, I pressed the trigger again, directly aiming at her

***(Leona POV)

“That hurt, I almost can’t move for a second there, I need to w-“

Suddenly she got electrocuted by a sudden electric shock, it was obviously from, Sir Kleist. In her thoughts it seemed he actually had experience in mage combat, especially since he was an electric-type mage, they are almost bred for combat.

“This… man!... I won’t go easy on you!”

She yelled as she was getting electrocuted on the ground.

***(Arthur POV)

“Admiral 48% manufacturing process completed, just a little more.”

So, is she using the same energy for different elements?

“Yes, Admiral, the strange energy can be used on all elements.”

I talked with my nanomachine, it seems we were already halfway in completing the manufacturing process, just a little more examples and minutes, I can finally harness such powers. But for it to work, I need to see their attacks and defenses with my own eyes. Basically to use and harness the energy I need my nanomachine to identify it and make a process for me to be able to absorb it and use it myself.

As for using it for attacks and defenses, I need to see it with my own eyes to be able to use it for combat.

But looking at it, she is using two elements: wind and fire, meaning that a human can possess all the elements, it is possible.

“Fireball!”

She shouted behind the fiery wall, and a small squadron of at least 8 flaming balls of fire were heading towards me, with my reflex I evaded all 8 but she was prepared for my move and casted another fireball directly aimed at me.

“Got you!”

It was already too late to evaded the fire ball, I had no choice but to take my first direct hit.

As it suddenly hit my chest it exploded on impact, and with the force of it from flying towards me and also adding the force of the explosion it pushed me onto the grassy ground.

“Admiral, 89% for completion.”

Not bad for a child.

I looked up and this time I saw her left hand, holding a sword made from the wind, on the right was a sword made from fire. My mind was confused, this was the first time I was confused, maybe because she is holding a blade made from fire, which in front of my eyes were impossible without burning your skin.

I stood up immediately from the ground and before I could look back at her, she already ran towards me, with her swords at her sides, she was trying to utilize both the elemental swords and her quick reflexes, if she were to attack every second using the swords, she would eventually hit me, without me countering or fighting back.

Her first attack was from the right, the sword made from fire, her attack was a downward slash, targeting my shoulder. My reaction to that was immediately evade to the left, but in that split second, I remembered that she had another sword, the wind sword.

To evade both of it, I retreated a few 7 meters using my strength and reflexes, and she immediately stopped running towards me, I could notice that she was concentrating, and I also saw her mouth opening and closing slightly as she was whispering something.

“Spiral Inferno!”

She shouted, and she immediately hit both of her swords, at first nothing happened, but suddenly I felt a powerful gust of wind from behind me that formed in front of her, it formed into a small tornado directly aimed at me, if that wasn’t enough, she placed her sword made from fire at the center of it, and the tornado soon became lit, with fire and fire particles also circling the tornado.

Damn, is this even possible, I’m not even a scientist but this is hurting my mind.

“It’s Over!”

As she yelled, she pushed her sword in the center, and the tornado launch directly at me, it was lethal and was enough to kill me.

“Admiral, manufacturing process completed, preparing energy harnessing.”

Shit, really right now.

I crossed my arms to cover my face to try and at least withstand the fiery tornado that was coming straight towards me.

As it reached me I immediately braced myself, I was soon slowly pulled inside the spiral of the tornado, but I held my ground and didn’t try to get sucked inside, but I could feel it’s blazing hot temperature radiating towards me, I started sweating and felt my skin burning, it was now or never, I would neither die now or later, I need that power now.

***(Leona’s POV)

Leona on the other side was panting, as she felt her mana slowly getting drained, using that attack without a partner was very irresponsible.

“Crap, if only he died on the fireballs and if he didn’t evaded my attacks.”

She looked at the fiery tornado which was still spinning, meaning he was still alive, in her thought it would’ve only prolonged his death and make him suffer more due to the heat.

A few minutes had passed and the tornado was still spinning, Leona had started losing her strength and she felt her mana almost depleted to the point she could no longer continue the attack.

“Why… do I feel… like he is still alive?”

She started sweating and her words faltered.

The attack she just made, it was supposed to be casted by two mages, as it was used for defense and attacks against larger and more powerful monsters than them, it won’t stop unless the monster is severely hurt or the caster’s mana gets drained to almost nothing.

And in Leona’s case, since she casted it alone it was only 50% of its true power, using it against a normal human was enough to kill and burn him to ashes, but for the man she is fighting, Sir Kliest, It seemed as if he wasn’t getting hurt or damaged.

“I’m losing mana.”

Slowly the tornado soon lost it’s strength and it’s spiraling motion slowed down, Leona fell to the ground on both her knees and gave up, as her mana storage was almost depleted.

“I can’t… anymore.”

She panted and lost her strength, she then looked up and saw the tornado disappear, but to her shock she saw Sir Kliest, still standing on both of his legs, his lower shirt and pants were dirtied because of the ashes, but he held firm.

But what shocked her the most, was that as she looked at him, she immediately noticed that he held two shields made from fire magic that blocked his face and torso, and since both of the attacks were the same elements, it dealt little to no damage to Sir Kliest.

“I-impossible…”

She said with a shocked voice and her mind was in confusion, to her how was he able to cast magic in such a short time, and fire and electric magic, he was equivalent to that of a mage combat captain, she didn’t even know if he was even a experienced battle mage or maybe an experienced sage.

11