Chapter 37- Death Blade
182 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Underdark- Unending Abyss Region
Eternal Night- Upper City
Shadow's Fall Keep

I opened my eyes and looked around. While I had been gone for not too long in the real world, Fate Online continued to move on. Two days had passed here and by this time everything should be ready to go. I sent a quick message to everyone letting them know I was back before moving to my wardrobe and started pulling on all my armor. 

Drax joined me almost immediately and started helping with all the buckles, buttons, and while we did this I pulled up Moonlight's Skill Tree to see what changes the blade had endured from the exposure to all the Death magic the Crystal of Bound Death.

<<<>>>

Weapon Name: Moonlight
Weapon Type: Bladed Weapons; Adamant, Shadow Steel, Gold and Silver Wire, Black Diamonds; Two-Handed Arming Sword
Class: Ancient Artifact; Living Weapon (Level 5)
Base Damage: 60
Primary Effect...
--- +50 Shadow Damage + (Character Level X 0.5)
--- Increase Vitality by (Character Level X 0.5)
--- Increase Spirit by (Character Level X 0.5)
--- +10 Constitution
--- +10 Strength
Secondary Effects...
--- Living Weapon's Gift: +400 Experience per Kill
--- Living Weapon's Price: -200 Experience per Kill
--- Death Blade: This weapon can harm both Mortal and God alike. 
--- Moonlight Skill Tree Unlocked

'Forged with the Blood and Hope of the Vampire people, Moonlight will never break while wielded in service to those in need.'

<<<>>>

  Moonlight Skill Tree  
  Spiritual Bond (Level 1)  
Death's Edge (Unlocked) Umbra Infusion (Level 1) Shadow Edge (Level 1)
??? (Locked) Umbra Pulse (Unlocked) Leeching Shadows (Unlocked)
  Overwhelming Shadow (Locked)  

What the fuck, that was a first. I reached out to Moonlight through our mental link and asked the blade about the new branch of its Skill Tree. Sadly the blade was less than useful, "Sorry boss, your guess is as good as mineMy leveling works far different than yours and as far as the hidden Skill, I have no clue." Moonlight responded as I brought up the information about the Death's Edge Skill. 

Spoiler

Skill Name: Death's Edge
Skill Level: 1
Skill Type: Passive
Description: Moonlight now emits both Shadow and Death energy. With every stroke of your blade, festering wounds will open upon your enemies causing lasting damage.
Damage: N/A
Effect 1: Damage caused by Moonlight does not naturally regenerate, it must be cleansed with magic, or (6) hours have passed from the infliction of the wound. 
Effect 2: 20% Chance enemies will suffer Diseased Wounds causing 10 Death Damage per Second. (Duration 30 Seconds, Can stack 3 Times)
AoE: N/A
Range: N/A
Cast Time: N/A
Cost: N/A
Cooldown: N/A

Note* Diseased Wounds Debuff deal Damage to enemies Health and Stamina.

[collapse]

The DoT could stack, and while it was only three hundred damage, the damage to both Health and Stamina was nothing to ignore. "How are the preparations going?" I asked the Orc as I dismissed the information and brought up the two other available Skills.

Spoiler

Skill Name: Leeching Shadows
Skill Level: 1
Skill Type: Passive
Description: Shadows are lingering and Moonlight always takes a portion of your enemies' power as its own. With this skill, it will transfer some of the power to its wielder in the form of Health and Spirit.
Damage: N/A
Effect 1: 20% Damage dealt is absorbed as Health.
Effect 2: 10% Damage dealt is absorbed as Spirit.
AoE: N/A
Range: N/A
Cast Time: N/A
Cost: N/A
Cooldown: N/A

Skill Name: Umbra Pulse
Skill Level: 1
Skill Type: Active
Description: Harness the devastating power of the Shadows around you and unleash it on all your nearby foes.
Damage: SS X 2.25
Effect 1: Enemies are blinded. (Duration 5 Seconds)
AoE: 10 Feet
Range: Self
Cast Time: Instant
Cost: 325 Spirit
Cooldown: 5 Minutes

Note* Leeching Shadows only applies to Melee attacks.

[collapse]

Umbra Pulse could prove useful and was a powerful attack, but the Cost and Cooldown balanced out the sheer damage it could deal. Leeching Shadows however could prove far more useful in both the short and long-term allowing me to recover both Health and Spirit when I was attacking people. "Everything is going well, I know the majority of the former slaves elected to join us. In raw coinage and gems, you have a little over one thousand gold from looting the Drow fortress, so depending on how much you will pay people you should have enough money to last a while." Drax replied and I invested the Skill Point into Leeching Shadows before closing the Skill Tree out. "From the guards, two of their senior members stepped foreword to head the guard contingent. Captain Thardan Dulkam and Thorgron Shadowsteel, both are very good and trustworthy men from what I can tell. Helping out Captain Dulkam cemented his loyalty to you more than the city. All told we are looking at a larger group than you originally planned but only your Seneschal will know the exact numbers." Brox reported and I nodded. 

"How much does a normal laborer usually earn per week?" I asked the Orc as I strapped on Moonlight before tossing on my cloak. 

Drax frowned and shrugged, "I don't know my lord, I have always been a Thrall to one House or another. All my needs have been met, but I am sure if Abraxxus does not have that information, he could get it easily." the Shaman replied and I started pulling out what few possessions I had and tossing them into my Inventory if we left Eternal Night I didn't want to have to come back for personal items. 

"Good, did anything happen of any importance while I was gone?" I asked the man as I worked.

"Both the Blood-Fang and Earth-Cracker Tribes dispatched official envoys to the city to discuss a formal treaty with the queen. Beyond that and word that you were planning on establishing a new settlement nearby on the site where you defeated an enemy, nothing has occurred. Many have professed interest in joining a new settlement, but we have prioritized the former slaves, the guards, and their families before considering anyone else." Drax stated and I nodded my head in agreement. 

"When will everything be ready to leave? What else needs to be done so we can get underway?" I asked the Orc as I closed the wardrobe but it was the Lich who responded.

"The last of the supplies are being loaded now, all told we will have three hundred and twenty-six settlers including you since you set some parameters such as no children. We have enough food and water to last six months if we do not accept any new people. The guard contingent assigned to us are ready as well as the new settlers, so we can leave when you are ready my lord." Abraxxus stated and I nodded. 

"Good, even heading directly there it will take us the better part of four hours to get there. Now how much will I be paying these people weekly?" I asked the Lich as I strode out of the room, they trailed behind me but easily kept pace with me. 

"The common wage for people within Eternal Night is one Silver per 2 weeks, guards are paid double that. The new settlers were promised that we would keep at least their current level of income." Abraxxus stated and I started doing the math in my head as we walked. 

"So I am paying almost fifty Gold every two weeks, correct?" I asked Abraxxus and he nodded his head. "How much money do I have left after paying for all the supplies?" I asked the Lich as we passed through the doors of the Keep and into the courtyard. 

"The queen donated the water, food, and some crucial supplies, but the remaining supplies cost just under two hundred gold," Abraxxus replied and I grunted. 

"Everyone will be paid weekly at the rate agreed, yes I know that will eat quickly through my funds but we aren't exactly going to a safe place," I told the Lich who nodded in agreement. I studied the convoy that was forming up in the main square in the upper city. A dozen carts, six wagons, and over three hundred people still made a daunting spectacle and they were depending on me to not only lead them but see after their well-being. 

"Good to see you again my lord." I snorted in amusement and shook Thardan's offered hand.

"I thought you and your men were going to take a break after everything that happened at the outpost. What we are about to do, won't be easy by any stretch of the imagination my friend." I warned him and he smiled.

"I know my lord, but I am a lifer and wouldn't have my life any other way. Helping you out, setting up a new settlement and fortress, I can't think of another way to pass my time," he told me with a wink.

I studied him and the guards, I recognized some of them as those that had been the previous garrison stationed at the outpost. "Good, cause you will have more work than organizing patrols and keeping the peace. Anyone willing to train, I want them to be combat-ready. They won't be guards, but if it comes down to it, I want every hand that is willing to help defend our new home. Understand?" I asked him and the Duergar nodded before saluting fist to the chest and I clapped him on the shoulder before walking away. "Abraxxus, I know you are a formidable Necromancer but can you stay with the main convoy and help protect it. My party will be on point and will scout the way and ward off any threats." I told the Lich who bowed and strode away while everyone else stayed with me. 

"We would be better scouts," June commented and I glared at her as she pointed to Chalxae.

"It would be better if the people saw you with them, not wandering off alone with your Thralls into the Underdark," Drax commented and I turned my glare on him.

I looked at the convoy and more than one curious look was thrown my way and I sighed in frustration before glaring at them again, "Fine, I will stay with the convoy. You two keep in touch, anything that seems off, come back immediately. Understood?" I asked them and Chalxae smirked at me.

"Ahh, I love it when he gets all macho and protective of us," she commented and she yelped when I pulled her closer to me and were nearly nose to nose. 

"Do that again and I will spank you." I threatened her and she blushed before kissing me and dashing off as she disappeared into stealth. I looked at June in surprise who shrugged and followed the other Drow into Stealth. I grumbled at myself and quickly made my way to the convoy, I will never understand women or Drow.

7