Chapter 03: Dream Chat
91 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mysterious Voice: "Utilizing the abilities I have given you, you manage to hold one of them hostage only to feint after losing all the restraints spells they had used to bind you. That's truly unfortunate and you were so close too."

Orpheus: "I don't want to talk about it."

Mysterious Voice: "Well I understand that you are, to some degree, mad, sad, regretful, frustrate-"

Orpheus: "If you know, then don't state the obvious."

Mysterious Voice: "It's rude to interrupt people who are talking. Not to mention, all I've done for you. YOU should be grateful to your sponsor."

Orpheus: "By the way, who are you?"

Mysterious Voice: "Did you forget already? I told you, I am your sponsor."

Orpheus: "That is a title not a name. And don't pull that whole 'Doc*** Who' routine on me and give me a straight answer."

Mysterious Voice: "Were you always this serious? I had assumed you were always playful and all 'Y*da'-like."

Orpheus: "I don't know who you take me for, but I assure you I am not any of them."

Mysterious Voice: "But you will be. Someday."

Orpheus: "Just answer me already."

Mysterious Voice: "Wow. You just totally ignored my whole Easter-egg-like bombshell that was suppose to indicate that I am from your future."

Orpheus: "One, a normal person from my future wouldn't drop or admit that they dropped that kind of information, because they shouldn't. Two, It is foolish to get caught in the words of someone I don't know. And three, you are obviously lying one way or the other, but you are most-likely leaving a fraction of truth at least to make yourself more believable, either way I won't give you the satisfaction of going in your pace. Now shut me and tell or just go away."

Mysterious Voice: ".... You are totally not cute at all..."

Orpheus: "...."

Mysterious Voice: "Hey! Don't just turn around and walk away, come back here!"

Orpheus: "...."

Mysterious Voice: "Don't you want to know some clues that might actually save your life in the long run!? Stop walking away already!"

Orpheus: "...."

Mysterious Voice: "Alright! Alright! I give up! My name is Ainne!"

Orpheus: "Hello Ainne, would you please continue and tell me more bout yourself."

Ainne: "...."

Orpheus: "...."

Ainne: ".... Sigh.... All that I can tell you is that I am a spirit of a former spiritual and magical researcher, and that I can do the things I do, because they were fruits of the years of research I did on souls and magic if that is what you are asking."

Orpheus: "That was informative, thank you and good bye."

Ainne: "Hey! Don't just turn around and walk away again! Didn't I answered your question?!"

Orpheus: "You did and was there more you are allowed to tell me?"

Ainne: ".... No...."

Orpheus: "Then my business is done."

Ainne: "Hey! Don't you have any idea where you are and what is going on?! More importantly, how you got here?!"

Orpheus: ".... You... Did you drugged me and kidnapped me?"

Ainne: "No! You stupid '@55'!"

Orpheus: "...."

Ainne: "Don't give me that look as if you are looking at the scum of the universe! I am innocent!"

Orpheus: "That's what they all say!"

Ainne: "Listen! You feinted after you killed Head Priest Marzmellow!"

Orpheus: "WHAT KIND OF NAME IS THAT!"

Ainne: "Why are you surprised about that!!

Just listen! After you killed him, you feinted and you were beaten half to death by the other priest because you killed their leader. Originally they were gonna kill you, but because you killed their leader, the Choker of Slavery placed on all of their slaves were canceled out and a current code red is happening as of this moment. They had sent out all of their mercenaries to subdue or capture all of the Head Priest's former slaves.

Using the remaining residual energy from the summoning, I am talking to you in your dreams, a kind of dream chat if you must call it. I did it to prevent you from waking up too soon. Because your body can regenerate, waking up soon after feinting is possible. But you mustn't wake up right now, because if you do, you may end up being killed by the mercenaries. Your abilities will allow you survive most situations but you are too weak to kill any of them and at the same time you aren't immortal, you can still die if they cut your head off. What I did was saving your life."

Orpheus: "Is that so? You should have said so from the start. Or maybe you were happy being mistaken for a criminal? Are you some kind of masochist?"

Ainne: "YOU *BLEEP* *BLEEP* *BLEEP*!!"

Orpheus: "How vulgar. Do you speak to your mother with that mouth?"

Ainne: "WHOSE FAULT DO YOU THINK THIS IS!!"

Orpheus: "Obviously, this is yours. Are you retarded or something? In any case, stop wasting time. You have had something you wanted to tell me since a while back didn't you? Hurry up and say it."

Ainne: "... Sigh... You figured that much out huh?"

Orpheus: "Obviously. If you wanted me to be asleep you wouldn't be talking to me in my dream, now would you."

Ainne: "... Okay... You got me. What I wanted to talk to you about was the existence of magic in this world. We didn't had time to talk about that during your summoning but we do now. Magic is the the system of controlling the nucleus of atoms."

Orpheus: "Magic sounds a lot like science than my world's sense of magic...."

Ainne: "If magic was all about doing impossible miracles that goes against the laws of physics, then what differentiates a god from man?"

Orpheus: "You have a point but I can't help but feel you have ruined my childhood...."

Ainne: "Back to the topic at hand, in your old world, atoms are composed of three particles protons, electrons, and neutrons. This world on the other hand has four particles that composes the atoms, protons, electrons, neutrons, and magicules. Think of magicules as mana based on your old world's lore and video games. It is a type of miraculous particle that manipulates neutrons to do miracles, just like how you need mana in a video game to produce spells."

Orpheus: "So because this world has magicules, magic is made possible. But even if that is so, it doesn't explain how the residents of this world can use magic."

Ainne: "Not all of them can. Only those with magic crystals in their hearts can. These magic crystals act as a secondary brain and are made out of densely packed magicules. Other races who don't have magic crystals can use a freshly severed heart of a being that has a magic crystal to use magic. Also you belong to the human race, and humans don't have magic crystals."

Orpheus: "So unless I have a steady supply of sacrificial hearts, I can't use magic... I finally understood why I saw corpses during the summoning ritual... In any case, what's the point of teaching me about magic if I can't use it?"

Ainne: "Even if you can't use it now, doesn't mean you can't use it some day. For now just keep listening. Magic is controlled by using imagination, and knowledge on how the atoms and the natural laws of physics work. Just by having a good imagination, knowledge about how fire works, and enough magicules to cast the spell, then you would be able to cast a fire ball spell."

Orpheus: "That doesn't explain the chanting and the magic circle I saw back in the room."

Ainne: "Those are used to supplement the casters lacking knowledge and imagination. In this world, science and artistic creativity aren't that highly developed so they rely on things like scrolls and magic circles."

Orpheus: "I see that makes sense... And if I can disrupt their concentration and ruin their circle and scrolls, I can also prevent them from using magic is that right?"

Ainne: "... You really do think way too fast... Normally people would still be processing all these information, but you get it almost instantly and now you are looking for ways to stop spell casters from using magic..."

Orpheus: "I know right, hahaha."

Ainne: "...."

Orpheus: "Isn't it about time you let me go already?"

Ainne: "Okay... I will see you again. By the time you wake up, you will be in some kind of prison cell. Try to get used to your body while waiting for the time to escape. Good bye Orpheus."


 

2