Prologue
95 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Have you dreamt about anything? Like winning the lottery, or making out with the prettiest girl in class, or becoming president of some organization? No? Yes? Maybe? A common question, right? For such a common question, there are plenty of common answers. Be it yes or a maybe, there is bound to be at least one point in your life you'd say yes. My next question is "for any dream you may have or had, have you  ever actually fulfilled it?".  Some may say, while others say no. You may even argue that at another point in life you'd think it's impossible or that it is hard. But you know, dreams aren't all impossible, and neither is life. It isn't all about what is impossible or not.

Life, dreams, it is all about sacrifices. We sacrifice our time in order to play, we sacrifice our happiness in pursuit of achievement, we sacrifice safety and security to make even impossible dreams come true. We all have at least strive and sacrifice for that once in a lifetime dream. In all our lives, that one dream, it is not impossible to achieve. You may ask yourself if it's impossible from time to time, but the real question isn't about whether it is impossible, it is about what will you surrender to achieve it.

I, for one, had always dreamt of battling monsters, saving damsels in distress, being a hero in a world chuck full of danger, adventure, fame and riches. I wanted to live the life of an adventurer so badly, but little did I know it would come true and its' price is a burden so heavy to bear. Nevertheless, that is a story for another day. For now let me tell you the story that came before it...

In a desolate and barren wasteland, ruined from the aftermath of war, stood a lone girl shrouded in a beautiful blood stained cloak. Garnered with beautiful beads and embroideries, the cloak may had been one used by the wealthy or even been a gift to someone dearly loved. But it's beauty seems to be merely just a memory now. The once beautiful cloak, now had a more sinister look to it. Stained until it turned black, the cloak, gave an aura as if death had worn it during his onslaught.

And in her sticky bloody hand was a wooden staff, but until her, the staff was spotlessly clean, which gave an eerie feeling as if it had rejected any filth that dares to touch it. She raised the staff high and with it, she stabbed it deep into the ground.

"Rumble... Rumble..."

The ground shook and a magic circle began to appeared.

Cloaked girl: "We need him... If we want the fabric of time and space to remain as it was, we must set the stage for him... You know that don't you..."

Mysterious voice: "I know... But still..."

A female melancholic voice seemingly came out of no where, but the cloaked girl was unperturbed, as if she had anticipated her.

Cloaked girl: "I know... I'm uneasy about this as much as you are... But it has to be us... There is no one else to do it..."

Mysterious voice: "... Even if it means he will suffer because of it..."

Cloaked girl: "Even if it means that..."

Mysterious voice: "I don't want that! For he had-"

Cloaked girl: "This is exactly for him. Even if the path is hard, he will meet us in the future and we will just have to compensate for all the hard things he had been through, understood?"

Mysterious voice: "... Understood..."

Cloaked girl: "That's my girl..."

The circle began to shine so bright that the red from the aftermath of war began to fade to white.

Cloaked girl: "Take care of him for me..."

Mysterious voice: "Of course, I will..."

Cloaked girl: "Good... I will begin the incantation. It will be a long time, but we will all be together again someday... I love you..."

Mysterious voice: "I love you too..."

With that farewell, the cloaked girl began her incantation.

Cloaked girl: "Gather and take form and travel to another world and intercept the spell cast by the wicked... I command you in my name and do as I command! I am Eurydice!"

The world faded to white with Eurydice's spell.


 

0