Chapter 04.5: Side Story of the Other Otherworlders
111 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<*Amelia Von Hartnel's Point of View*>

"@#$%^&!!!"

Blond Otherworlder: "There goes another one..."

Redheaded Otherworlder: "Please stop drawing attention to yourself... What will you do if guards come over and beat you up?..."

Blond Otherworlder: "Princess... I didn't know you cared about me... After all this time looking after you... I am so happy you that you do care... Hick..."

Redheaded Otherworlder: "Of course I care. If you died before them then I am next shortly after you. That's why you must stay alive until I get out of here."

Blond Otherworlder: "..."

My name is Amelia Von Hartnel, I am the 7th princess of the eastern kingdom, Gondolaria. Being a princess as well as the 4th daughter, I am far in line of succession to succeed the throne. And for that reason, my father, King Asmon, assigned Oric Von Odor as my magic instructor to prepare me to take over the rank as court magician. Oric is that useless blond I was talking to. He rather clumsy and goofy which makes it harder for me to think of him as a reliable person. But when he gets serious he tends to quite a formidable opponent in battle. He is strong enough to be a court mage, the only problem is he is utterly useless in politics and has no other interests aside from magic research.

The reason I was summoned here was all Oric's fault. As we were on our way to train at the royal magic testing grounds, Oric intercepted a space time magic signature he called "Otherworldly", I told him to leave it alone, as it being the testing rounds there are usually bound to be strange magic or two and that it is pointless to bother, but he said it was dangerous so he was preparing a magic circuit to shut it down. At first it was going well, and Oric said there's just a few ore touches left and when he tossed the finally ingredient he exclaimed. "Oh no! Princess it's gonna blow! I threw in a celery instead of mandragora leaves by mistake!", "You idiot!!!!" I yelled as we were engulfed in a white explosion.

The next thing I knew I was in a prison cell naked together Oric. The first thing I did when I woke up was to crush Oric's eyes out. Eventually, due to Oric's screaming, the guards came and gave us clothes in order to settle down. The clothes they gave were those of a slave's, rags, dirty old rags... I wore it quickly since I had to. After I did, I was gonna berate the guards for treating a royal princess such as I this way! But as I was about to, Oric covered my mouth with his dirty hand he used to cover his thingy when we woke up! I kicked him in his crown jewels as he wailed in pain, "Wait listen-!" I didn't listen, but I kicked him again for added measure. After a while we calmed down, and he explained that telling them, that I was a princess, was a bad idea because they might make a ransom and put us in a tighter cell where we have no chance to escape. I glared at him as my way of telling him, 'Whose fault do you think this is?!'. He then looked down in shame saying he was sorry and that he will find a way out of this.

For the next few days, Oric keeps getting himself beaten up by the guards for trying to talk to them. I told him he was a fool, but he said he needed to gather information no matter what. I said no more and just left him. A week had passed and Oric told me we were in another world. When I heard that, I didn't panic or acted out in confusion, I just glared at him with my arms crossed as I told him, "I see... So we are in another world. I wonder whose fault is that? Right Oric?". Like a child being scolded by his mother, Oric apologized again. I told him to shut up and get us out of here. After I did, he was gonna say some excuses but I cut him off with a glare. He shut and said he'll do it right away.

During those days, there were people from other cell being taken to a room at the end of the cell block. All those who entered never comes out at all, not even a corpse to he is dead... Oric told me, they were doing some kind of ritual... My heart filled with dread as I wondered if we were next, or that maybe ransom would be better if could be spared from it, but Oric shook his head and said it wouldn't do us any good since we are in another world, rather its the opposite... I don't understand what that means, I yelled as I cried. Oric just sat there and said he was sorry. I snapped at him and he just kept saying sorry. After a while, I sat down all tired to do anything and went to sleep. Oric covered me with his blanket, saying "I won't leave you, I will get us back home..." as I drift into deep slumber.

Another week had passed, and the guards were restless. They talked of a monster who was summoned together with us. The monster felt no pain and kept violently stomping on the head of their leader. At first they tried to kill it, it just wouldn't die, in the end, the higher ups locked it up to be studied upon later. Thinking that we were summoned together with that thing sends shivers down my spine... Oric, on the other hand speculated it was probably an experimental test subject back at the royal training grounds and that he was their original target. I didn't know what to think... All I wanted was to go home...

"Booooom!!"

A month had passed and a deafening sound followed by a rumbling noise woke me.

Guard: "The monster had broken free from his cell! Soldiers get into positions!"

Warden: "Archers get in position on the 2nd floor of the commons room, the murderer will enter from the sealed room on the first floor, do not fire until I say so! Soldiers barricade the door, set as much as you can in order to slow it down! Magicians ready your Ice magic! Encase him when you there's a clean shot! Move out men!"

Guards: ["Sir, yes sir!!"]

Oric rushed to my side and grabbed my arm.

Oric: "Princess you must hide under that pile of hay until I tell you it's safe!"

Amelia: "But what if we could use this to escape! If he was kept captive like us-"

Oric: "Don't assume that just because he is the enemy of your enemy, then it means he isn't your enemy! For all we know, it could be a man-eating monster! Don't argue and just hide!"

Oric shoved me deep into the pile of hay.

Oric: "Stay quiet and what for me to say its safe, he is coming any minute now."

For the next few days, The updates will be slower because of my upcoming family vacation next month. Sorry...

-Christian

1