Chapter 05: Final Preparations and Awakening New Powers
98 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<*Back to Orpheus' Point of View*>

It's been two weeks since that dream. During the first week I have been doing 100 squats, push-ups, curl-ups, and many more along with an array of stretching routines, all done in the morning. It's amazing how motivated one gets when you are immune to pain. Before I came to this world, I would lose my nerve when I push myself over 30 push-ups. Now I can just wake up, do a quick full powered 100 round set of exercises, and then carry on as if nothing happened. Having Regeneration and Painless has been the best thing that happened to me. My weak body had grown an additional three centimeters and has more muscle to it than it did when I first got it. In case you're wondering, I am calling my ability to not feel pain, Painless, because it's simple and it only uses one word. It doesn't sound that nice but it's better than telling people my ability is being incapable of feeling pain, why? Because it's too long and you don't hear people saying 'I can dance the chacha.' in an interview, rather they would say 'I can dance.'. Back to what I was saying. after doing the morning routines, I practiced punching, kicking, and using the whip when the guards aren't around, afterwards I continue my needlework. I did the same routine for the whole week, and by doing so I have a proper body build, better experience in martial arts and not hurting myself with my own whip, and lastly, a full set of equipment. I made  full set of clothes, boots, gauntlets, simple gambeson armor that goes above my clothes, a hooded cloak, a bag, a coin pouch, a weapons belt,  spare whip, some rope and twine, and finally, a scarf, all of them made from piles of hay. Of course I am not wearing any battle gear at the moment, I've hidden them behind a loose stone in the cobblestone floor. For one week, I manage all that just using my free time. When I thought about that, I realized time seems a lot longer on this planet. No matter how fast I work, I shouldn't be able to finish everything in a week. And I know it has been a week because of the times the guards comes in carrying my meals.

My weeks didn't all go according to plan. I could never forget that day. It was directly after the first week, I was forcefully and suddenly pinned down by the Crystal of Subjugation embedded on the ceiling of my cell, sending a gravitational force to my face to lie faced down flat and kiss the floor. 

Guard: "The prisoner has been subdued sire."

Unknown man: "Thank you, you may now leave."

Guard: "Understood."

A blond skinny man wearing a purple priest outfit adorned with many flashy jewelry walked into my field of vision.

Unknown man: "Just lying on the floor is too good for some one like you."

"Bash! Bash! Bash!"

Unknown man: "Hah... Hah... Why aren't you screaming in pain!"

The man kick my face until my left eye was crushed into my skull. I may not feel any pain, but rage filled my every fiber of my being... Being randomly summoned, enslaved, being treated like an animal, and now tortured... Annoying, I am so tired of this... Using my strength, I forcefully turned my head and looked him straight in the eye.

Unknown man: "!!! W-what's with that insolent look!"

"Bash! Bash! Bash!"

Unknown man: "You're just trash! You're cattle! You're just a piece of junk! Property of our Order! Hah... Hah... You die when we say we do! And you will despair and scream if it's the last thing I'll do! Do you hear me!"

The man berated me as he kicked me. He broke my nose and my last eye... Strangely enough, I was still calm. Again, I couldn't feel any of this, but deep down, I was boiling in rage. 'I will kill you... I will kill you in the most painful way imaginable...' I thought and then I began processing and calculating every scenario that lets me kill him... As I did, rage filled me down to the core.

Unknown man: "!!! W-what are you! No one should be able to even lift a finger under the crystal's influence! M-monster!"

The man stuttered and fell on his bum as I put more muscle in my arms as I began to slowly stand up.

Guard: "What's going on!? You..."

"Trip! Bash! Bash!"

Hearing the man's scream, the guard rushes in, kicks me on my ribs causing me to fall back down. Again and again... Treating me this way despite it being your fault for summoning here in the first place! I swear I'll end every last one of you!

Guard: "You insolent cur! How dare you try to stand in front of the great Cardinal Bennet! First you murder Head Priest Marzmellow and now you dare disrespect the Cardinal?! I shall have your head!"

The guard says as he stops kicking me. He places his hand on his sword, unsheathing it, and raising it up to cut off my head. Until.

Cardinal Bennet: "S-stop!"

Guard: "But sire-"

Cardinal Bennet: "The order wants him alive... He is the key to perfecting our research into demonification..."

The cardinal man said as he got back up and walked towards the guard and grabbing the sword.

"Slice!"

Cardinal Bennet: "It doesn't mean we need all of him... Ha... Hahahaha!"

"Slice! Slice! Slice!"

He said after he began slicing at my legs and arms. He was aiming for my tendons, immobilizing me. So *bleep* annoying, like a *bleep* *bleep* child was punching and kicking while throwing in a tantrum! I will end you! When I get my hands on you, I will shove that sword right up your poop hole! I thought as I began exerting force in my arms and legs. Heal already! I prayed, and so it happened. My wounds began to rapidly heal up as I finally managed to stand.

Cardinal Bennet & Guard: "!!!"

Cardinal Bennet: "I-impossible!"

Guard: "It's a monster! Sire get behind me!"

The guard hid the cardinal behind him as he pointed his sword at me. My body felt like I was in an elevator going up, but I still stood tall. I began to see again as my eyes regenerated, and so I glared at them. I began walking towards them.

Cardinal Bennet: "Stop! I order you to stay where you are!"

The guard screamed, but I didn't care. I rushed towards them, it felt like running on water, but I got faster and closer with each step.

Guard: "Excuse me sire!"

Cardinal Bennet: "Wait wha-"

The guard grabbed the cardinal and they make their way towards the door.

Orpheus: "Get back here!"

I screamed but they manage to get to the door and closed it.

Cardinal Bennet: "T-the monster speaks our tongue!"

Guard: "Sire it's not safe, you must leave!"

Cardinal Bennet: "I-i don't need your concern! I just remembered the pope calling me. Guard make sure he is locked up tight."

Guard: "... Yes my liege..."

Orpheus: "No! Come back here and face me like a man you coward!"

Guard: "Hold your tongue knave! The cardinal has no need to bother with the likes of you!"

"Bang! Bang! Bang!"

I banged on the door. With each blow, my hands got bloodier and bloodier. Blood gushing, bones cracking.

"Bang! Crack! Bang! Crack! Bang! Crack! Boom!"

A hole big enough for my arm to fit was made and I quick jabbed my arm straight into it.

Guard: "... Uh!... Ugh!.."

Turns out I grabbed the guards neck, how perfect. I smiled and increased my grip.

Guard: "Ugh!... Uh!... Ugh!.."

The guards was turning blue and finally dead. I let go of his neck and quickly aimed for the keys on his belt. But I was too late and he fell with a thud. I cursed at myself. As I was about to get away from the door and get my whip to pick up the keys.

New Guard: "Hey! Are you still down there!? The warden said you need bac- Good heavens lord!"

Back up finally came and he looked at the body of his associate for a second and then quickly rushed to the crystal on the wall beside my cell. I rushed to get my whip but it was too late. The guard did something to the crystal, it glowed bright and the gravity just got a hundred times heavier after he did. I tried to resist but after a while I blacked out. 

After that day, things were back to normal at first. But later I noticed the guards were avoiding me even more and my contact with them has lessened as well.

There was no point to focus on the past, this was the perfect opportunity and so I started a new routine. I didn't have time nor need to make  anymore equipment, so I focused solely on developing my body. For a single day, I did my set of 'one hundred workout routine' seven times in a single day. Body quickly adapted to the new routine and I have grown to a height of 173.74 cm as I continued to that routine for a week. I used to be 167 cm, It was amazing that I could still get taller by working out. My muscles also got really defined and I have an eight pack as abs. My face got a little more squarish, and my hands callused, but overall I still retained a figure within the norm. I still haven't reached the point of looking like a juggernaut, I have to assume it was because of all those stretching and flexibility training that I retained a proper figure.

During the last week I have developed new abilities as well. The first was active regeneration, this is basically an active version of regeneration, this allowed me to speed up my healing factor consciously and even focus it on specific parts of my body. I actually learned this when my tendons was sliced off by the cardinal and I had to consciously regrew them. The next happened on the same day as the last one, it's Limit break, the ability allowed me to access the sealed power in my muscles to the point a single punch would deal a massive blow and break my arm at the same time. I used this trying to stand up and breaking the door. The new abilities, I think, are extensions to my original abilities, namely regeneration and painless. My regeneration being reinforced must have allowed me to actively use it as well, and my painless allowed me to use limit break, since pain stops the body from exerting more than it could handle. So far, I was straying even further away from being human, but I don't care, as long as I can wreck those jerks for everything they did to me. Soon I will get out... I will get out very soon...


 

2