Chapter 06: Prison Break
197 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cardinal Bennet: "Warden, I hope you're ready to see the dream of the order come to fruition!"

Warden: "No disrespect Cardinal, I would rather just get this over and done with."

Cardinal Bennet: "Many were taken. Why did I bother? I should have known that you lack proper taste."

Warden: "Whatever makes you feel better... Anyways sire, we are here."

Cardinal Bennet: "Yes, indeed you are quite right..."

The Cardinal and the Warden finally came, I thought I'd have to wait forever for them that Cardinal Jerk to come back. It's been almost two weeks since I saw the Cardinal, after all my preparations, it's finally here. The Warden opened the door of my cell block, as I lay in position, lying face down on the ground. This time I came prepared, I told myself as to calm my beating heart. The Crystal activated, increasing the gravity. My body gets pinned down as the Warden followed by the Cardinal comes into my cell.

Cardinal Bennet: "This time the creature seems quite.... Tamed. Muhahaha, you did an excellent job Warden! You have my thanks. As for you! Monster! Today is the day the Order finally disposes of you! Thanks to your monstrous body we have perfected several of our experiments. Look and behold!"

From behind his back, the Cardinal took a grotesque-looking cane. It looked like a cane with a crystal ornament, and that the cane itself had half assimilated with a live beating heart. What's worse is that the heart was actually beating. The Cardinal didn't seem to mind, rather he looked as if he was in love with it, it was truly a disgusting and eerie sight to see, as he was even stroking the cane and rubbing his face on it.

Cardinal Bennet: "Thanks to you, we created the Necron Magic tools! Tools that will allow us to wield magic! And that is just the tip of it all. By studying you, we gained the keys to eternal life! The Order of Necros shall live forever! All thanks to your regeneration! Muhahahaha!"

Warden: "It's great that you're happy and all sir, but you're forgetting why we are here. I'll just start sedating him so that we can move him to the lab to begin the demonification trials, if it's all the same to you sir."

Cardinal Bennet: "U-hmm! You really have no taste for elegance Warden...."

Warden: "I'm fine as I am, thank you. Let's just get this over with..."

I agree with the Warden... It's too cliché, that it's painful to watch... I mean the Cardinal is a straight up, textbook style, bad guy. The only time people ever act this way, is when they have some serious mental deficiencies, utterly pitiful, almost makes me want to not kill him and just leave. Almost... For what he had done, I will most certainly end him in the most painful way possible... And thankfully, I won't have to wait long to deal with this guy, if all goes according to plan.

The Cardinal goes quiet with an exasperated look, as the Warden takes a vial with yellow fluid from his belt.

Warden: "I am sorry... I know you won't forgive me, but this is the only way I can feed my family..."

The Warden draws closer. He stops and gets on one knee, as he opens the vial, releasing a sweet honey and cinnamon like smell.

Warden: "!!! Gulp!"

"Whap!"

Cardinal Bennet: "A-ack! Haa-!"

I sprang into action, as I shoved the vial down his throat with my left hand. And with my right hand, I grabbed my whip, I was hiding near chest and used it to grab the Cardinal's neck.

Orpheus: "I'm sorry too."

I said, as I got up to my feet while being careful as to not loosen the tension on the whip between my hand and the Cardinal's neck. The Warden spasm a little, but after a while he froze absolutely still with his eyes wide open and following me around with his gaze... That some nasty sedatives... Instead of putting them to sleep it looked as if it only paralyzes the body. I can only imagine what kind of agony it must be, to be paralyzed rather than put to sleep during an operation. And to think they were gonna use that on me. No wonder he was sorry.

The Warden just continued to look at me wide eyed as if he was both surprised confused about something. Maybe it was something along the lines of 'How are you able to move!?' perhaps? Yeah, that's is probably it. There is a simple explanation, but I don't have the time.

Cardinal Bennet: "E-ehh! Haa-!"

I reeled in my whip, bring the Cardinal closer to me.

Orpheus: "!!!"

"Boom!"

Suddenly, he stopped trying on using his hands to break free. With his face turning blue, he quickly pointed his cane at me, firing a ball of fire. I cussed at myself for forgetting that this world has magic. Of course, he was capable of turning the tables around, I'm such an idiot! The Cardinal's hit manages to burn my right hand's fingers off, thus loosening my grip. Using that moment, the Cardinal broke free.

Cardinal Bennet: "Haaaaa-!"

The Cardinal exhaled and inhaled as he got out of the whip's choke hold. Of course, I wouldn't miss a perfectly good opportunity to rush in and tackle him, so did.

Orpheus: "!!!"

"Boom!"

Cardinal Bennet: "Haa.... Haaaaa-!"

Dang it! His reflexes are good. The moment I was about to run, he quickly fired off another fireball at me. I was able to stop myself from going into his strike zone, so I didn't get hit.

I need to stop him from using any more magic. That last strike burned my hand, it doesn't matter if I have cheat-like abilities or a super reinforced body, they are all useless if I don't have enough firepower to fight back. I wrack my brain to think of a solution out of this situation. Using magic without a chant and cast time is beyond unfair, what's worse is that I have no idea what other spells he is capable of or what it can do.

"Boom! Boom! Boom!"

Orpheus: "!!!"

Cardinal Bennet: "Die!"

While I was thinking, the Cardinal fired three consecutive shots. Dang it! This isn't a game where the villain would wait a long time for the hero to come up with a solution! Pull yourself together Orpheus! I was putting off a fire burning on my shoulder as I gave myself a pep talk. I manage to dodge two of them, but the second fireball got my shoulder a little.

Cardinal Bennet: "How dare you dodge that! Because of you the Warden had died! You will pay for this!"

"Boom! Boom! Boom!"

Who will pay for what!? IT WAS YOUR OWN FAULT! Dang it! Pinning your own crimes on me! I beat the *bleep* out of you right this instant! I got fed up with all of this. I ran towards him using limit break, disregarding the fireballs that he shot out. The first strike got my right shoulder, the second strike grazed my left side, and the last strike got right thigh. But it doesn't matter.

Cardinal Bennet: "!!!"

"Booom! Rumble!"

My left fist, powered by limit break, sank into his worthless face, throwing him across the cell. That felt so good. Looking at the aftermath, his face was all bloodied, but he was still alive. For now, at least. I couldn't use limit break, since healing limbs that are already broken already take a considerable amount of time. Breaking them even further would just take a longer time to heal, and time is not what I have plenty of. So, I just gave him a good kick into his family tree, I am so happy I have painless, otherwise I would also feel pain from using the foot I've broken using limit break.

The other guard would be suspicious and might even come down here, so I need to hurry up. I shut down the crystal before I began inspecting their things as I was thinking of a new escape plan. The crystal was indeed working, and I was indeed being pushed to the ground, but I was able to resist it by using brute strength. How? You might ask. Well look at it this way. Back when I had a weak body, I was able to resist it with limit break and at the cost of breaking almost every bone in my body. Now that I had a super reinforced body, I was able to resist it with ease and not break any limbs, but at the cost that my movement speed would fall to that of an average human.

Back to the matters on hand. With magic into the equation, I can't just randomly use them as hostages like in the originally plan, I thought of. The reason being, they have magic that I don't have the faintest clue on how it works or why it is so overpowered. With that said, I tried analyzing the cane.

"Boom!"

Apparently, the cane can only use one kind of magic and that was the fireball. It could fire three consecutive strikes, after which it would cool down. Well that explains a lot... In any case, I was inspecting this in hopes that it would allow me to use other types of magic. With a fireball, going out of prison would still be very challenging...

There was almost no other safe option... There was only one thing I could do now, and I was really reluctant to do it, but there is no other way...

First, I wore the warden’s clothes and looted the Cardinal of all his stuff. Looking at the Warden, I feel sorry for him and for what I will do next, he was the kind of guy I couldn't completely hate. I hope he will rest in peace... Though I had those thoughts, I also knew he was doing this for his family... His family who doesn't know that he had died today... My heart ached, but I pulled myself together since time is of the essence.

Using the Warden's vial of sedatives, I fed it to the Cardinal, and by fed, I meant, I literally shoved the whole open vial down his throat. He was lucky it had a slim shape otherwise it would have choked him to death, though I can't have that right now. The next thing I did, was bind each hand to a rock, preventing him from making a fist or any detailed hand movements. After which, I covered his hands with gloves, so that the rocks would not be seen, and tied him up. Finally, I grabbed his face and cut off his tongue, jolting him to wake up.

Cardinal Bennet: "U-uhhh! Uhhh! Uhh!"

Concentrating my active regeneration on my broken hand, I placed my fingers on the wound where the tongue was, and the wound healed up completely. Good, it worked. I thought that using my ability to heal my broken hand, would heal other things that was in direct contact to it. And it worked... Now comes the messy part....


 

3