Chapter 22 – Browsing the shop. Elijah, your house was wrecked
1.5k 3 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eli arrived at the hotel room at 11 am. He now had some time to burn until 6 pm, so he went and trained inside the gym of the hotel gym for 2 hours. He then ate lunch outside at a local shop. While he noticed that he required less food to function after upgrading vitality, it did not mean that he did not enjoy eating.

After he was done eating, he went back to the hotel room and started browsing the system store. Eli had spent last night 1 point for a contraceptive ring, and 3 more points on the initial zombie vaccine on the three girls. That left 15 points out of the original 19. While Eli did not want to buy anything yet, he could still browse. He started checking the common items that costed a single point that he didn't check yet.

3-day Food rations Price: 1:  3 days worth of nutritional food rations for an average adult male, consisting of enough food for 9 full meals. Can be bought only three times.

10 liters of clean water Price: 1: 10 Liters of bottled clean water. Each bottle is 2 liters, for a total of 5 bottles. Can be bought only three times.

"Well... This just became worse, I guess. The system is probably not so charitable as it first seemed. Still, this is enough for 9 whole days for an average person. If they are frugal with the food, it should last longer. And that is not including other sources of food. This can count as an emergency measure."

First aid kit lvl 0 Price: 1: A system based first aid kit, containing lvl 0 hemostatic spray, clean bandages, plasters, Sterile gauze, safety pins, disposable sterile gloves, tweezers, scissors, Alcohol, sticky tape, various common medicine, anti-venom, anti-poison, anti-toxin, eyewash, and painkillers. It is suggested to learn Medical skills lvl 0 for optimal usage, or have plenty of first aid experience beforehand. After the first purchase, it will cost 3 points.

"Seems legit. It says lvl 0, so that means it contains top-quality first aid equipment in earth standards. The price of 1 point really did seem kind of cheap, I guess it was just a system freebie for a kickstart."

Zombie virus cure lvl 0 Price: 3: Contains a syringe with lvl 0 cure for the lvl 0 zombie virus. It can cure anyone infected as long as they are still alive, has no effects on already turned zombies. Has a lingering immunity effect of 48 hours.

"Well now, while the cure itself is nice, what seems better is the lingering effect, it can allow survivors who are brave enough to fight close and personal. That reminds me, can the vaccine and cure be manufactured? I might potentially be able to save millions or even billions of lives!"

As I said that to myself, suddenly, the system changed slightly. It was as if it just answered my query. I rechecked the vaccine...

Initial zombie virus vaccine: Ensures that a person will survive the initial mana-adaptation of the world, preventing the risk of turning into a zombie or mutant, but will not prevent beneficial evolution. Won't work on direct infection. Since it contains traces of mana, it cannot be manufactured without the mana wave happening first, so it cannot be manufactured before that. This item will disappear after the mana wave begins.

"It really answered my question! So it can think after all! Well, not that I can talk have a dialogue with the system though... Anyway, it seems like it cant be manufactured after all... There goes my idea of vaccinating the whole world..."

Repair Kit lvl 0 Price: 3: A special repair kit for lvl 0 equipment. It automatically restores the shape and functionality of lvl 0 equipment as long as enough lvl 0 material is present and there are enough charges. If there is not enough lvl 0 material, then the device can use an alternative source of lvl 0 material of enough mass to finish the repair. Can repair 100g every minute per charge. Has 10/10 charges, that can recharge itself every 3 hours per charge, or through manual input of mana.

"That sounds useful, It can help restore dented armor into shape, torn clothes, or chipped and broken weapons as long as enough lvl 0 material is supplied. As a bonus, you don't even need to know how to use it."

First aid kit lvl 1 Price: 5: A system based first aid kit, containing lvl 1 hemostatic spray, 3 emergency healing injections, 3 emergency mana stabilization injections. The emergency healing injection will forcefully regenerate the body so it can function normally but will put a strain on the cells, the body will be immobile for a period of time, and it is highly unrecommended to be used repeatedly in a short period of time. The emergency mana stabilization injection is to handle mana instability in the mana core, the body will be immobilized for a period of time. After the first purchase will cost 15 points.

"I see, this can be useful for emergencies. I wonder where I can get vaccines for other types of viruses..."

Browsing for a short while he found something.

Alchemy crafting table lvl 1 Price 25: On this table, it is possible to craft all lvl 0 and lvl 1 medicine(including zombie virus cure), poison, and tonics as long as you possess the necessary skills and ingredients. The skills that can affect the crafting are 'Medical skills', 'Pharmacology', 'cooking', and 'Alchemy'. To craft certain lvl 0 products and most lvl 1 products, you will need Mana manipulation as well. Having higher cognition and dexterity, as well as stronger mana, will yield better results.

"There we go! Medicine and poison are fine, but what does it mean tonics? Is it some sort of strengthening substance? Oh well, I will find out later. It bothers me a bit that there was no lvl 0 variant of this though. Let's just check the last one..."

Mutated animal loyalty collar lvl 0 Price: 5: An adjustable collar that makes any lvl 0 mutated animal or lower who wears it absolutely loyal to you. If the mutated animal reaches lvl 1 or the owner dies, it can break free from the control. For a mutated animal to wear it, it has to first submit to the owner of the collar. It can also work on humanoid monsters, intelligent zombies, and mutants, as long as they submit, but not system recognized users. Kills made by controlled creatures will count as your own. Can only control up to 3 creatures. Ownership cannot be switched. Note: Remember, to achieve true loyalty, you should rely on yourself, and not the collar.

"Well... This is a bit unexpected. I just received a piece of information. Humanoid monsters? Intelligent zombies? Isn't this already considered slavery to an extent? And that note at the end... Is it implying that I should earn the loyalty and not use a collar for it? Speaking of animals, should I get a large dog? With the animal training skill, it should be easy to train it."

The lvl  1 variants of the loyalty collar and virus cure were the same, just that they were effective up to lvl 1.

"All lvl 2 items in the shop were greyed out though, is there some sort of requirement to unlock them? Do I need to reach lvl 1 overall? Oh well, I will find out soon enough."

After checking some more items, he got bored and decided to plan his last massacre run route to complete the mission. Just when he decided on the places he wanted, he got a phone call from the NYPD. he did not panic or anything, since if they wished to arrest him for something, they would have come directly to his doorstep. he answered the phone and a young female voice was heard from the other side.

"Mr. Elijah White?"

"That's me. What is it?"

"Last night we received a complaint about loud crashing noises in your apartment. After investigating this morning... Mr. Elijah, can I be blunt?"

Eli had a foreboding feeling, "Yes, please."

"Mr. Elijah, Your house was wrecked last night."

Eli's hand tightened hard on the phone, almost threatening to crack it in his grasp, He squeezed a question, "Do you know who did it?" This was a rhetorical question since he already knew the answer, but he was just confirming it.

"Judging from the few incidents from previous nights to your house, we strongly believe it was the MS-13 gang. Please, be careful, they are obviously targeting you. Would you like to stay in our department for safety?"

Eli took a deep breath and calmed down, "No thank you, and thank you for telling me this. I will be hanging up now, goodbye." He then closed the phone.

"Well, I think it is high time for me to pay a special visit to the guy who wanted to bomb me before."

Hey guys, I already wrote this comment in my other novel, but I will also write it here.

I will probably slow down the releases of chapters since my 16-year-old cat got the feline equivalent of sinusitis, and I am now stuck taking care of her. Besides that, I am already starting to prepare for my university tests.

65