Chapter 23 – Can I see your face?
1.5k 17 70
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eli checked the timer on the Stealthboy remaining. Since he only used about an hour last time, it had already fully charged. He did not need to wait until evening, right now it was 3 pm already. Eli already knew who the guy who tried to bomb his apartment was, and where his main racket was located. He was part of the human trafficking ring of the MS-13 and was also a drug smuggler on the side. His racket was more of the kidnapping kind, where he snatched valuable 'commodities' and sold them to the MS-13 for a cut. The only reason why Eli didn't want to go after him first was that his rackets were only Medium-sized.

Those guys actually ran a night-club, that allowed drugs to be used inside the VIP areas, along with 'services' from their female staff or some female clubbers. Up to here, that is actually standard. But if they spotted a 'prey', they will track the prey to a discreet location, or their house, and from there, they would transport the prey inside the club's basement. From there, they only needed to transport the prey to the MS-13 main warehouse for a cut of the profit. It was basically a kidnapping racket with a night club as a front. 

The second reason why he did not go there, was because it was a night club, and there were many civilians there during the night, most of them innocent. If he really went there during the evening, he might harm civilians, and nobody wanted that to happen. It was only a 15-minute drive from Mott haven, so he just needed to hail a taxi to somewhere a few blocks away, find a secluded location, and go invisible and put the gear on.

Having decided on what to do, he did just that. He hailed a taxi and drove a few blocks away from the club, went to a secluded alley, and activated his stealth. He then equipped all his gear and ran to the club. The night club was located inside a wide alley that could fit a car, and a bit further in was a large space with a garage. An SUV was parked near it, and 2 guys were unloading crates. The garage was connected to the night-club, and these two were probably either workers or gangsters. Either way, the coast was clear. Eli stepped inside through the open garage. Inside, he saw some male and female staff preparing the club for the night activities. So far, it was fine and clean. But what he was interested in lied in the basement! He searched for a bit, before finding a staff only door leading to the basement.

Stepping inside, he went down the stairs and arrived at the basement. The basement entrance was guarded by armed gangsters in bouncer suites, and inside it was gangsters who were either sleeping, maintaining their weapons, or playing cards. Unlike popular belief, many gangsters actually doubled at working in a more legitimate job, many times as bouncers, bodyguards, bartenders, waiters, manual labor workers, shopkeepers, and desk workers. Some female gangsters would even part-time as escorts! Especially if they worked in a place that also served as a front. After all, there is only so much crime that they could do in a day, might as well use the rest for something more productive to earn more cash on the table.

The MS-13 had very few female gangsters however and comprised mostly of men. If there are any female gangsters, they are usually the wives of the guys, mostly staying home and taking care of the kids, and did not participate in most criminal activities. That time where Eli killed the pregnant woman was an exception that usually does not happen. The female staff upstairs were just that, female staff. Perhaps also prostitutes on the side. Usually, a poor college student seeking quick cash, not knowing what she gets herself into.

Eli started searching the basement and quickly found a small holding cell. Inside it, was a young woman being raped. Eli could tell from her body shape that she is beautiful! Or at least was, if it was not for all the bruise marks on her body. One of her legs was bent at a strange angle. She had a black eye on the right, her left cheek was swollen, 3 teeth were on the ground, and she had a cut on her forehead. She did not release a moan, groan, or even a plea. Only staring at the ceiling with her other eye, counting the cracks on it.

A nearby gangster asked, "How long has it been now?"

The guy next to him answered, "8 hours, give or take."

"Seriously? What a tough bitch! She was originally supposed to go to the main warehouse yesterday as a premium commodity, but because it got busted, the boss had no more use for the other commodities and they got released randomly. She was too beautiful though and his son saw her and wanted her as his plaything before releasing her. I still can't believe that the jackass tried to get a blowjob from her after he raped her! He actually got a chunk of his dick bitten off! We had to hire an illegal doctor to avoid the hospital from finding out!"

"Yeah, and after that, the boss ordered all of us to take turns with her, and rough her up however we can until she dies. The bitch only screamed when we broke her leg! She did not even groan when we punched and kick her! What is she? Some sort of iron man?"

"Fuck if I know, but in a few hours, she will be as dead as the iron man from the Avengers: Endgame movie."

Eli would have normally first searched the place before rescuing any captives. But after he heard this story, he decided to first rescue her, and search later. He took out the two loaded silenced pistols from his storage ring and kicked the door to the holding cell open!

The guy who was raping the young woman was startled, and before he could react, a bullet found its way to his temple, boring a hole in it. He fell backward, dropping on his back. The girl who was raped, for the first time, showed a reaction. Her left eye looked incredulously at the dead gangster, before shooting her gaze at the entrance of the cell. She was confused, however, as she did not see anyone, but she did hear muffled shots, like from a silenced gun.

Eli was now shooting the gangsters. The gangsters were not even realizing what was going on, as bullets found themselves in their skull and chest. Without even so much as a proper fight, barely shooting a few random rounds, 18 gangsters were shot to death.

 Eli walked toward a deeper place in the basement and walked towards a place he believed was an office. As he was about to kick open the door, his instinct told him that it was dangerous. Eli listened to it, and instead, took out the Remington 870 shotgun from the space ring, replacing the 2 pistols with it. He quickly loaded it, stuck his back to the wall, and shot a 12-gouge at the doorknob.

Bang*... Bang*Bang*Bang*Bang*Bang*Bang*Bang*Bang*Bang*Bang*...

A hole replaced the doorknob, and what came next was a hail of bullets from what Eli guessed was an Uzi! The bullets made the door into swiss cheese before it stopped. Eli heard the sound of reloading behind the door, and a middle-aged gangster came out of the door, holding the Uzi tightly, pointing at the front. He looked left and right, but did not see anyone! Sweat dripped from his forehead, and he was shaking!

"This must be the boss..." Eli thought to himself. Eli went to the man and cleanly knocked the Uzi out of his hands, before using the stuck of the shotgun to hit his belly. Eli then removed his invisibility, revealing his hidden appearance. Normally, he wouldn't reveal his appearance, but this time, it was personal. This guy had killed him once with a bomb, and now even wrecked his house!

The boss asked with both pain and fear, "Cough* Cough*Who the fuck are you! What do you want!?"

Eli simply said, "My friend once said 'Revenge is best served with a 12 gauge to the balls'. I wish to test that theory." Eli pointed the shotgun to the boss gangster's balls and pulled the trigger. Bang*

The boss did not even scream, only bending over in pure pain and agony on the ground, as large amounts of blood mixed with flesh poured out of his crotch. The guy will not live for more than a few minutes with this level of injury. He will bleed to death before an ambulance arrives. Even if it does arrive, the simple paramedics won't be able to stop the bleeding on time. Eli left the man to die in agony.

Eli walked to the young woman in the holding cell while he was still visible. He already checked around, and there were no cameras. It also made sense, since no organized human trafficker would actually film self-incriminating evidence.

The woman looked at him, even though beaten badly, a small trace of vitality could be seen in her eye. She asked, in a slurry and almost incomprehensible voice, since her cheek was swollen, and some teeth were knocked out, "A' Tho un Anghel? (Are you an angel?)" Even though it was painful for her to talk, she did not mind.

Eli stopped for a moment, and answered, "No, I am a devil. I don't save souls, I take them." He stripped a nearby thug of his jacket and covered the young woman with it. Even if it had some blood on it, it was better than nothing.

The young woman stared at him for a moment, before asking, "Ca A Thee Yo Fathe? (Can I see your face?)"

As Eli was about to reject the request, his instinct told him to accept it. He did not know why, but it just did! Eli sighed, "Fine, but if the police ask, tell them that you did not see my face, ok?"

After the young woman nodded weakly in confirmation, Eli removed his helmet, revealing his very handsome face. The young woman looked at him, and imprinted his face into her memory, before Eli put back on the helmet, Activated his stealth, picked her up, and went up the stairs. It must be mentioned that the stealth did not apply to other living people, so it looked like she levitated off the ground. He gently placed her on an empty sofa in the main club room. He already heard sirens outside, the workers upstairs most likely heard the shooting and called 911.

Eli trusted the police enough to be able to clean up this mess, as well as take care of the victim inside. He left the place and went back to the alley he changed his clothes. He switched to his regular clothes and turned off the invisibility. Eli checked his points, and he confirmed that he already completed the mission, and the boss he shot was dead.

Chain Quest: Cleaning up the Bronx: MS-13 (Main: Complete, Optional: Complete)

Description: You have fulfilled the quest requirements. 114/100 kills, 10/8 racket points. Optional: You did not harm civilians, optional quest complete.

Rewards: 30 points (reward distributed), Driving away all MS-13 presences in the Bronx, and intimidating the rest of the gangs (Will be effective starting: 5:00 am 12/31/2021). Optional Reward: The goodwill of the Police higher-ups of NYC, and they will continue covering up your tracks. The government will possibly try and recruit you behind the scenes. (Will be effective starting  5:00 am 12/31/2021)

Current points: 60

Before this, he had 15 points. If you count the 18 gangsters he killed there, and also the bleeding boss, that was assumed dead now, it became 34. And if you include the reward, that is a total of 64 points. 

Overall, it took him 40 minutes from start to finish. Eli still had 2:20 hours to spend on the stealth-boy. From his hand clock, it was now 4:07 pm. Since Eli left his phone in the hotel to avoid getting tracked, he memorized all the nearby rackets. He especially marked the drug rackets, and hideouts. And it just so happened that they had a nearby hideout. He walked casually for 15 minutes, and hid in a nearby alley, changing back to his gear, and going invisible...

He went through 1 hideout, and 1 drug racket. In total, he killed another 37. Now, he had 101 points. It was now 6:48 pm, and it was enough, so he decided to head back to his old house and see the wreckage. He hailed a taxi and went back.

Current status:

Spoiler

Current date: 12/30/2021 6:48 pm

Status:

[Overall Evolution Rank: lvl 0]

[Strength lvl 0]
[Vitality lvl 1]
[Toughness lvl 0]
[Agility lvl 0]
[Dexterity lvl 0]
[Cognition lvl 0]
[Nerves lvl 1]
[Senses lvl 0]
[Instinct lvl 1]
[Immunity lvl 1]
[Mana Conductivity lvl -]
[Mana Core lvl -]
[Mana Sense lvl -]

Skills:
[Firearm Mastery lvl 0]

Unique Skills:
[Time Stipend lvl 1, Time saved: 6 minutes]

Equipment: Stealthboy lvl 1, Storage ring 7 cubic meters, lvl 0 gloves+boots, lvl 1 helmet+knife, evidence collector, contraception ring, A shitton of ordinary weapons and ammunition.

Points: 101

[collapse]

As requested, his status.

70