Chapter 25 – Bureaucratic bullshit early in the morning
1.2k 6 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

12/31/2021 7:00 am in the White House conference room...

Many authoritative personals of the government were sitting right now in the conference room. The meeting was called by the current president of the US, Donald Trump,  about the invisible killer of the Bronx.

Hilary Clinton got elected in 2016, but because she fucked up in the Covid19 epidemic, and Russian hackers exposed some of her corruption to the public in the 2020 elections, she did not manage to get reelected, and the American people chose the Republican party instead.1My own parody on the presidential elections of 2020. Also, the hacking in 2016 was moved to 2020 instead.

The people in the conference room included the president, vice president, Speaker of the house of representatives, President pro tempore of the Senate, Attorney-general, Secretary of Defense, Press Secretary of the white house, Director of the FBI, Deputy Director of the FBI, Director of the CIA, Deputy Director of the CIA, Director of the NSA, PIAB advisor, Chief of police of the NYPD, a 4-star general, and the head of research of the government research department.2Did I miss anyone?

All the people in the room were staring at a document that contained details about the invisible killer up until now, and what he did. He killed 163 gangsters, including a pregnant woman. And if you include an unborn baby, it is 164. He rescued many kidnapped people, including women and children, and even an FBI agent. He also busted drug rackets and weapon rackets, but the weapons, he took for himself. The killer left no prints or DNA samples at the scenes of the crime, and even his general appearance was unknown. It was not even known if he was male or female! The only clue they had recently gotten, was that he shot the boss of a night club in the crotch with a 12-gauge round. However, this did not necessarily mean that the killer had a vendetta against the man but was avenging the agent who was raped, so it was not necessarily a potential lead.

Also, besides just being invisible, the killer had the ability to shoot multiple bullets at once, Cut multiple throats almost simultaneously, has an incredibly sharp knife that can cut through bone like butter, and even transport or store 16 heavy crates of weaponry! This made the killer all the more dangerous...

The president looked at the gathered people, as he said, "I gathered you all here today, to ask of you, what do you think about this killer, and what should we do about him?"

The Press Secretary said, "I think that this killer is playing god, and should be put down behind bars! What he did is an inexcusable act that contradicts the American constitution! Even if he killed only criminals and saved civilians!"

Some people in the room murmured, there was a bit of approval about what was said. While most of the people present didn't care about the lives of criminals, and even though it was a good thing for them to die, it was against the American constitution, and it was like spitting on them in the face.

The NYPD chief said, "While I agree with what the Press secretary said, I think that what the killer did is actually good! This killer cleaned up a dangerous gang that even us, the police, hesitate to tackle! At the same time, all the gangs in the Bronx area began showing signs of lower criminal activity ever since he began the killings. Even if he takes the law to his own hands, he does not take credit for it and does not publicize himself, so our reputation is actually getting better. So, even if he takes our jobs in a sense, I say, let him continue! We will just clean up after him!"

The Press secretary replied with exasperation, "Is this what a policeman should say?! You are supposed to catch the man, not praise him!"

The NYPD chief rolled his eyes, "Believe me when I say this. If we could, we would! But the problem is, we cant. Forget about actually arresting the man, at this rate, it would take possibly months, or even years, just to find him! And even if we do find him, then what? The guy can literally vanish into the air, and we won't find him. He could literally prance around, go to a nearby airport, and take a plane to another part of the US, and possibly to another part of the world. Even if we blockade the entire Bronx area, he can still waltz through the fucking front gate! In my opinion, we are lucky that the man wishes to keep low-key, or the entire country would enter a state of mass panic!"

At this, The Press secretary shut her mouth. It was true that if the people knew about this man, then mass panic would be inevitable. Heck, they might even praise him as another messiah and start cults all over the world! The reason why she even attended this meeting, was because she was responsible for censoring all information related to the invisible killer!

The people in the room discussed this for a minute before the head of the research said, "I would like to add, that we tested if ultraviolet and infrared cameras could see through the killers invisibility, but it appears that the killer can bypass those wavelengths as well through the cameras of the night-club. However, it appears that they also don't work. While I am still unsure if thermal vision could sense him or not, if a thermal camera also doesn't work, then it is nigh impossible to catch the man, unless we place pressure traps, or use dogs to sniff him out. But since he does not leave any traces, there is nothing to sniff. In other words, we cant track him through orthodox tracking means."

The Director of the FBI added, "What you say is right, the only ways to find him is through the killing pattern, Monetary gains, and motives. For now, the only pattern was that the guy targeted the MS-13 gang for some reason. In the case of monetary gains, we are already checking for all large transactions that happened in the last few days, but for now, we found nothing out of the ordinary. As for motives? We have a reason to think that it was an act of revenge against the MS-13, but we are not sure about this. The killer just might be a vigilante who took the MS-13 as a stepping stone. Perhaps he is just a psychopath that has a thing for killing human traffickers. There are more than a few options, none of them conclusive."

The Director of the NSA said, "Actually, there are other ways to track him. We can just look through the search history of every single one of the Bronx residents, and look for any search results about the Bronx gangs in the area. While I am not sure it would work, but I think it can narrow down the search. Of course, I would need the permission of the IOB on this."

The PIAB advisor nodded, "Permission granted. Find out about all internet activities of all civilians in NYC about the MS-13, and map searching of the places."

The Director of the NSA nodded, and the Deputy Director of the CIA said, "I actually think that we should try and recruit this killer. If such a man is on our side, then he can potentially accomplish all the difficult espionage missions like they were a breeze. He might even be able to assassinate high-priority targets overseas! The only problem is that we cant contact the man, and he can only contact us!"

The Deputy Director of the FBI, as well as Emmalee's uncle, Konnor Giles, added, "Indeed, the man also showed that he can distinguish between who he kills. Until now, he only killed criminals and harmed no citizens or police. If we use him in anti-terrorism operations, as well as anti-crime operations, he could prove invaluable!"

The general, who was also the USSOCOM Commander, said, "If we had someone like him in the past, many wars could have been prevented, and many soldiers' lives could have been spared. Not to mention that we could have saved a few hundreds of billions of dollars on military expenditure."

The secretary of defense argued, "While he can be potentially a great asset, he is a great threat as well! This man could kill us all if he so pleases after all! He can simply ghost us when we are vulnerable. By the way, are we going to rely on Interpol for this?"

The Director of the CIA replied, "Fuck no, that would mean that we are announcing the existence of this killer to the whole world! Besides, we don't have the identity of this guy, they can't do shit about it. They cant make a Red Notice of someone who they can't even know how he looks like, now can they?"

After a few more minutes of discussion, the president, who kept silent until now, finally said, "Ok, we are going to make a vote about our policy about him. Those who think we should arrest him, and possibly neutralize him, raise your hand."

The secretary of press and secretary of defense raised their hands.

"Those who think we should keep the status quo, or perhaps recruit him, raise your hands."

Everyone in the room, excluding the secretary of press and secretary of defense, raised their hands, including the president.

The president announced, "Alright, more than 67% passed the vote to either recruit him or keep the status quo. The FBI, CIA, and the NSA will now have a joint operation. The NSA will try and locate him through cyber means, the FBI will be responsible for a cover-up for him, and his recruitment if possible, and the CIA will look into foreign countries and check if he leaves the country, and try and recruit him over there if possible. The meeting is officially dismissed."

57