ANNOUNCEMENT – I am considering rewriting the whole novel.
1.4k 40 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement

Well, I have to say I have had this idea for some time now. I think I want to remake this novel entirely from the ground up since up until now I was shooting myself in the leg. This novel has so much potential, but I was wasting it on literal SHIT!

First of all, the MC that I picked is a 24-year-old good-looking and well-trained special forces soldier, and that means, he has little room for personal growth. Also, the cancer thing got cured far too easily. I also want a more 'Human' person. Sure, he could be lustful, but a psychopathic killer from the get-go? I want to see an emotional struggle, I want to see training, I want to see everyday life struggles without having a head start, I want a quality piece of work, not this garbage direction that I am seeing right now! (I am talking about the fact that in just a fucking week he already got hundreds of points. Sure, it is OP, but I don't like this OPness. Not a bit. I don't sense any sort of struggle at all!)

I personally think that it would be far better, to just pick a below-average-looking orphaned 21-year-old fisherman in debt with loan sharks for paying his little brother's medical bills and get a far more plausible reason to getting that artifact. (From the ocean, instead of inheriting a smelted Aztec whatever thing). Also, it would make it a far more 'deserving' person in my opinion, rather than a psychopathic killer. In the start, I never thought I would be going into the Slice of life genre, but now it is actually very appealing to me, both as a writer and for the possible potential, since I also plan on adding smut scenes.

Also, I would like to note that the new MC will kill people, just that he is not unfeeling about it, and will be at most numb after killing enough people. He is not a psychopath, but he won't hesitate to kill if he has to, for both his own brother and himself.

Second, the system, while it seems rather balanced now, is, in fact, unbalanced as fuck. Yes, sure, he would need to kill 100 people to get to lvl 1, and another 500 + 50 lvl 1 people for lvl 2, but the point gain is what troubled me. I am actually considering giving points from animals as well, albeit small, like killing a large animal like a cow or horse would give 1 point, a shark or tiger maybe 1.5 or 2, but killing a lab mouse(not a rat) would grant 0.001 points. Nerfing EVERYONE to having 0 points at the start, including the MC, and that means they can't buy a gun out of thin air from the start and kill zombies left and right, starting an endless cycle. However, the MC will be able to get points after he gets the system.

Third, I am considering removing the zombie thing entirely. Instead, just make a lot of random monsters pop up everywhere like weeds. But I am not sure about this one. Maybe I will make it so, that people will turn into some sort of insane ghouls instead, like in the fallout series, just without radiation. Dunno.

Fourth, I am also considering, that instead of just gaining the Time-Stipend ability from the get-go, he would need to earn it by investing 10 points in it first. Also, I am considering letting him also get a private dungeon from the artifact itself, where he can train and get points, but not die for real. However, he will feel ALL the pain. Everything. And will only be able to enter it 1 time a day by sacrificing 1 minute. He would not be able to enter higher floors until the mana apocalypse and will be stuck fighting against lvl 0 monsters like slimes at the most.

In any case, I personally think this would be a change for the better in the end. It would make things more interesting, and less forced.

33