Prologue – The Boy
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a cold, dark, room, a boy sat alone on a metal chair. Lining the edges of the wall was thick titanium, nailed on by steel screws. He was centered middle in the room, with the room itself barren, painted in the cold greyness of concrete.

 

He was chained to the chair, with metal bands on his arms and legs much akin to the material on the walls, except with a soft tint of green. A tube on his arm connects to a machine, which monitors his vitals, as well as feeds him. Parallel to him is a wide steel door, with no glass nor gaps. On his neck, there is a half-moon symbol that looked weary and torn, with the top half faded away.

 

His weary eyes rested on the door, waiting for it to open.

 

It was soon.

 

3….2....1….

 

At once the door buzzed to life, dragging itself across the floor until it was fully open. 

 

Out of the bleary light shining through the opening, a man in a suit walked into the room, holding a clipboard clutching onto a piece of paper; On it contains a list of names.

 

He began to read them out, from top to bottom.

 

“Brenda Grimes… Lily Talbot … Mayson Baird… Murray Terrell…”

 

Once he had read out all of the names, he left the room, and shortly after the door closed behind him, making a beeping noise to confirm it’s closure.

 

The boy began to work. His blue hair gave a luminous glow as he concentrated his energy. The room began to shake, with small crumbles of concrete falling from the ceiling, as an immense surge of light emitted and painted the walls in a neon blue.

 

And once he was done, the room stopped, and everything went back to as it was, ready for the next day.

 

The boy closed his eyes, exhausted and depleted, sleeping on the chair.

 

Although very hard to notice, his half-moon on his neck had faded from the top by a little.

 

At this rate, he had around a year left.

1