4. Handkerchief
102 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Get out of here with your filthy commoner blood" - My aggressor said with disdain.

"You will never be a knight Arylan!" - He, a man that I didn't even know the name, sneered.

 

"S-shut u-up!" - Even in my weak state I shouted angrily.

"What I ever did to you!? Just why! Why are you doing this to me!?" - I asked holding back my tears of pain.

 

I, I just couldn't undestand why they were doing this to me, as I never ever even talked with them, just what I did of wrong to deserve this?? Since I reached the academy, I barely interacted with people and focused only in my studies. As I was thinking on why they would do something like this to me, the shortest of the bunch started to laugh loudly.

 

"HewheheHahaha" - The short man laughed and laughed, as if that was the best joke he had ever seen.

"Hahahah~ that was one of the best jokes I've ever heard, haha. Did you hear that, Lorkan?! - He then asked seriously to his brown haired leader.

 

"..." - Lorkan stayed silent for a bit and then he said calmly looking at my eyes.

 

"Hey Arylan..."

"Since when you need a reason to mess with a rat?" - He said calmly these vicious words.

 

"..R-Rat?" - I tried to say these words without stuttering, but i couldn't contain my fear.

 

"Yes a filthy rat that's all you are..." - He then lifted his steel sword.

"But don't worry Arylan, I won't kill you, I will just make sure you can't ever hold a sword again." - Then he started to swing his sword.

 

'No!'

'Please!!'

 

I tried to plead, but the words just couldn't get out of my mouth, and in the moment I thought everything would be over for me, I heard a sound.

"Rustle, Rustle~" - the sound of something passing through the leaves resounded.

 

And from the trees a man got out, the man used glasses and had a bright chestnut hair. He calmly looked at the situation, while he slowly patted his clothes to remove any leaves that there were in his body. Then he leisurely looked at Lorkan and started saying.

 

"You know..."

"These days I was wondering... on why our kingdom reputation was falling so much."

 

""""..."""" - Everyone was confused on why the man started talking about this out of nowhere.

 

"What are you talking abo-" - but before Lorkan could finish his phrase the man continued.

 

"You know I was really, really curious, and it seems that today I finally discovered the reason."

 

"Wha-"

 

"It seems that in the end trash is trash no matter what you do... even if you put 'noble' before in his name"

"What the hell are you talking about!?" - Lorkan was getting pretty riled up.

 

"Hah!" - The man scoffed.

"You can't even contain your anger for a bit"

 

"In the end, looks like you are nothing more than a shame to nobility Lorkan... " - The man said calmly while he removed his silver rimmed glasses, showing his cold dark red eyes that were hidden.

And in that moment I was certain that today I was going to live...

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬

Charles POV

After I appeared I tried to look the more intimidating possible. I don't know if Lorkan got intimidated though, hehe, well at least he looks pretty riled up. But how could he contain his anger, especially when I called him a shame which is exactly his weak point. This bastard name is Lorkan Florenze the fourth son of a count and one of the special lackeys of Edward.

 

"Y-You W-What did YOU CALL ME!" - Lorkan started to get more angry than I thought.

 

'Bro you are this pissed with just one taunt?? haha! just look at this easy bastard'

 

"Hehe!" - I gave a low chuckle, looking directly at his eyes.

 

"HOW Y-YOU DARE!" - He continued loudly.

 

'Looks like this will be easier than I tought' - That's was what I was thinking, but out of nothing he calmed himself and said.

 

"Huuh~ Haah~" - He breathed in and out.

Haha!" - And the he laughed as if he remembered something.

 

"Hey Charles" - He started to talk calmly, but his next words were vicious.

"When did a dog without parents, like you, learned to talk?"

 

This f*cker obviously knowed me, how couldn't he, after all he was one of the greatest motives Charles ended like this. Right now i'm feeling great amount of Anger and various emotions, But what really, really piss me of is how Lorkan is barely mentioned in the novel, and yet he helped to make Charles suffer so much.

 

"But don't worry, as I am a generous person, if you kneel down and bark I'll let you" - He continued with an amused grin.

 

'Seriously, bark?? Why would you want to see this?' - I felt baffled, after seeing how shitty was his idea.

 

"Now, now kneel an-" - He took my silence as a answer, but before he could finish.

 

"Shut up trash." - I said rather dryly.

"What?" - He said dumbfounded.

"What, what did you say? I think I misheard you." - He was surprised, after all Charles never dared to respond back.

 

"I said shut up trash, your intelligence falled so down you can't even comprehend human words?" - I said rather smugly.

 

"You little!" - That was the breaking point for him, he started to charge at me with a steel sword in hand.

 

'Now, Now what I can do, when all I have is a dull steel sword, and two handkerchiefs?' - My thoughts were interrupted, as Lorkan quickly tried to slash me, But I dodged multiple times.

 

'Yep! he don't look happy I dodged.'

"Damn! stop running like a rat" - All I could do was let a nasty smirk, to piss him even more.

"You f*cker!" - He loudly shouted.

 

'Well at least his sword is dull too, it won't hurt that muc-' - I got careless thinking in that way. Because of that his sword ended grazing me, making a shallow cut in the neck.

 

"Wha!" - Surprised as I was, I ended blurting out.

 

"Hahahah" - Lorkan snickered.

 

'What the! why the hell this guy is walking with a sharpened sword, in the damn Academy??

'f*cking psycho! Yep I am so f*cked'

 

"~Huff.. ~Huff.."

 

Damn! not even five minutes passed, and I already am tired as hell, this cursed body of mine. But well if I wasn't in this body I think wouldn't endure even a minute. At least now I think I lasted long enough, finally I think is time to execute my great plan.

 

"What a disappointment" - I said in a calm tone.

 

"?" - Lorkan seemed confused.

 

"Lorkan! That's all you got? it seems that in the end I overstimated you""

 

"Shut up your damn dog!" - He was already beyond angry, while he attacked.

 

"I think it's better if you ask help to your lackeys" - I dodged even while I commented, contrary my voice that was full of vigor, my complexion was getting paler and paler.

 

Lorkan lackeys were visibly shaken, they were already preparing themselves to help, they were wary because of the grand confidence in my voice. Contrary to their worries That I could overpower Lorkan, I suddenly looked in Arylan eyes and shouted so loud that veins in my neck were appearing.

 

"NOW ARYLAN! RUN, RUN FASTEST YOU CAN! I WILL HOLD THEM OFF" - I shouted as if I was prepared to sacrifice myself.

 

"'''????'''" - Everyone was confused, so their reaction were delayed, at least Arylan was faster than them and barely got up.

 

"B-But what about you?" - Yet Arylan asked concerned.

 

"Haha! don't worry you two rats, won't be going at any plac-" - Before he could finish I continued.

 

"DON'T WORRY ABOUT ME AND RUN!"

 

"RU- UGH!" - Out of nothing I suddenly stopped shouting, kneeled one knee and pressed a hand in my heart, as if I was in a great pain.

 

"??" - Lorkan was bewildered, because I started to act strange, but I didn't care. Because at that moments we heard a shout.

 

"WHAT IN THE NAME OF ACADIA IS HAPPENING HERE!" - An old voice shouted at my back.

 

Suddenly two men appeared, one of them was my butler Reinard and the other was the kind professor Louis Priton, well know to care about his students, no matter their social standing, The tense atmosphere that was slowly being created, was broken by a low yet painful cough.

 

"Kw! Cough!" - I coughed a great amount of dark red blood, the blood seeped through my hands and stained my grey uniform clothes.

 

'What the.. why the hell I'm coughing blood.'

 

'Well.'

 

"Haha! I guess that's why I have two handkerchiefs." - Charles who looked like, the person who was suffering the most, couldn't be more happy with the situation.

4