5. Selfless
84 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

"Kw! Cough!"

"Cough! Cough!!" - Charles coughed a mouthful of blood, the dark red blood seeped through his hands, and stained his grey uniform with a crimson color.

 

".. Y-Young master!" - As I was completely stunned my reaction was a bit delayed, but when I when heard the second cough I ran to help Charles.

 

"Hah~ Hah~ Don't- Hah~ don't worry." - He said but this didn't see to be convincing at all, as Charles was desperately panting.

 

"Hah~ I-Im okay." - After Charles sayed that he was okay, he tried to get up by himself but...

 

"Agh" - He stumbled, and almost got on the ground.

 

"L-Let me help you." - I said as I quickly started to support him.

 

"Let's go to the infirmary!"

 

 

"Don't worry." - Charles said waving his hand.

"I'm okay now." - He then got a handkerchief, and started to clean his mouth.

 

"But young mas-" - But then he interrupted what I was going say.

 

"Thank you for worrying, Reinard. But i'm really okay now." - Then he smiled, his smile was a small yet tired smile.

 

"..." - I opened and closed my mouth multiple times, I just didn't know what to say.

 

"It seems we managed to save someone today, Reinard."

 

"I knew you could do it in time!" - He patted my shoulder and said looking at the professor Priton.

 

"You did a really good job." - My emotions were starting to calm down, as I heard that.

 

 

"Young master..."

 

"It's a good thing that we stopped before someone got too hurt, don't you think?" - He said with a happy smile.

 

"..."

'But you look pretty hurt young master.' - That's what I wanted to say, but I couldn't get myself to say these words.

 

"You really did follow my order perfectly, again, good job Reinard!"

 

"Obviously! If you order me young master, I will go even to the deepest pits of hell!" - As I proudly said that, I remembered what he said to me minutes ago.

▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬

10 minutes ago

 

"Get out of here with your filthy commoner blood" - We started to hear wicked voices, coming from the forest.

 

'I want to help them but..' - I thought as I was holding the scabbard of my sword.

 

"You will never be a knight Arylan!"

 

'If do that, this can end in a problem for young master'- But in that moment, my thoughts were interrupted.

 

"Reinard"

 

"Yes?"

 

"Let's take out the trash."

 

"What?" - I thought I had heard wrong, after all, normally the meek and calm Young master would never say things like this bluntly.

 

"I said let's take out the trash." - he calmly repeated.

 

"What, what you mean young master?"

 

"Haah~" - The sigh that he let out, made me flinch a bit. But he didn't seem to care as he continued.

"You really should be more honest."

 

"?" - I was confused.

 

"I know, you want to help them Reinard."

 

"..."

 

"Hehe" - I unconsciously let out a small laugh.

 

"You really know me well, young master."

 

"That's just the obvious, after all we grew up together" - He said as if I was talking a weird thing.

"But anyways, if we want to help whoever is suffering there, the first thing we have to do is stop the aggressors."

 

"That's Right." - I nodded my head.

 

"It seems that there will be at least three enemies, I think I don't even have to say that we, probably, won't be able to defeat them easily"

 

"Yeah."

 

"And even if we defeat them, By the way they talk, they are probably nobles, If we hurt the three of them too much..."

"I'm sure I won't be able to hold responsibility, with just my Baron rank"

 

"Yeah, That's right young master." - I nodded my head again.

 

 

"So with these thoughts in mind, I thinked the perfect plan! we have to call a professor, after all in the academy they have as much power as a duke."

 

"But if we go call a professor, won't they have enough time to harm the person even more?" - I asked confused.

 

"That's right! for this plan to work we have to do two things."

"First one of us have to the get professor Louis Priton, because after the classes, he always go to the library. "

 

"Okay." - I said curtly

 

"and one of us have to try to hold the nobles, till the professor come."

 

"Okay, then I will go hold the nobles." - I said as I unsheated my sword.

 

"No." - Charles said bluntly.

 

"What?"

 

"I will hold them and you will run and get the professor."

 

"But young master! I don't want to insult you, but i'm stronger than you."

 

"That's right, I will hold them, even so."

 

"But, But what about your body!?" - I said concerned. After all the body of the young master always has been weak, and everyday this seems to get worse.

 

"Even if my body is weaker than yours, I have something that will make them hesitate."

 

"?"

 

"I have a rank of nobility, this will probably make them hesitate for some time."

 

"But even s-" - Before I got the chance of saying all of my thoughts, he started again.

 

"Don't worry Reinard, I won't be hurt too much." - He said with a confident smile.

"And if you can get the professor fast enough, i'll probably won't be hurt at all."

 

"Bu-"

 

"No buts, believe in me Reinard."

"I believe in you." - He said confidently as he patted my shoulder.

 

The last thing I see'd before I started to run was the confident back of Charles.

▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬

Charles POV

 

"U-uh okay?"

'What the! I was just praising him, why the hell is he saying these vicious things, like pits of hell and everything, what a scary bastard.'

 

 But well, he really did a good job, he really must have run as fast he could, he looks pretty tired. And at that moment the professor, that was quietly observing the situation, started to talk to everyone.

 

"Now, now can you all explain to me, what exactly is happening here?" - He said calmly, but his voice was powerful as his white mana covered him.

3