6. Actor
78 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Now, now can you all explain to me, what exactly is happening here?" - The professor said calmly, but his voice was powerful as his white mana covered him.

 

"..." - A cold silence reigned, no one seemed to dare to say something.

 

"I will ask again, what is happening here!?" - he demanded, but his question seemed to be directed at Lorkan.

 

"..." - Lorkan seemed to be overwhelmed for a moment, but soon he regained his composure.

 

"Dont worry professor..."

"Charles, Arylan and I were just having a little friendly bout" - With a smile he started to shamelessly lie through his teeth.

 

"T-That was n-" - Arylan tried to say something but Lorkan interrupted.

 

"Isn't that right?"

 

"N-n-"

 

"Isn't that RIGHT?"

 

'Haah~ this son of a b@tch, does he think that the professor is dumb?'

 

That was the only thing I could think, looking at his obvious behavior. Does he think that the professor won't see through his shallow smile?? Anyone can see that he's trying to make a threat.

 

"This is really... really the truth?" - The professor said with a calm voice, as he pondered.

 

"I-I" - Arylan looked at me hesitantly.

 

'So that's it, if Arylan and I say that it was a friendly bout the professor can't do anything, even with all of his power here. Sadly for Lorkan, neither Arylan nor I will do that.' - With these thoughts in mind I interrupted Arylan and started talking.

 

"Professor... I-I" - I said in a low voice, seemingly extremely hesitant as I looked to Lorkan.

 

"Charles?" - Professor Louis asked.

 

"I-It's r-really okay if I say the truth?" - I said with fear apparent in my face.

 

"Oh.." - The professor seemed a bit surpised by my behavior, but still started to talk.

"Don't worry, you can tell me." - He said with a gentle smile.

 

"I-If you say so sir"

"Cough,Cough" - I let out a few fake coughs, and started telling my history.

"After the end of your class, I pondered for a few minutes about today lesson."

 

"Hmm" - The professor nodded his head.

 

"But today I pondered too much, so I started to go out later than the usual."

"Soon after I got out, I started to take a stroll together with my butler, Reinard"

 

"Hmm, and then?"

 

"Well... normally I would directly just go to my room, but today maybe because I had a lot of thoughts."

"for the first time in a long time, I decided to go eat in the cafeteria."

"As we started to go, everything was so calm and harmonious, a truly beautiful sight."

 

"Hmm" - He nodded in approval.

 

"But then..."

"Then?"

 

"Then Reinard and I, heard sounds coming from the 'garden', by what we could hear there were four people there."

"By what I could hear, apparentely three of them were beating someone just because of the social standing."

 

"T,This!" - Professor Louis looked beyond angry, he was truly enraged.

 

"C-Calm down professor." - I said with a fastly.

"A-Anyway, when I heard what they were doing, i'm ashamed to say that one of my first thoughts were 'This is even my problem?'"

 

"Charles" - The professor wanted to say something but, the look of shame I had on my sayed everything.

 

"But when I heard the name of the attacked person, everything changed." - I said looking at Arylan.

"Althought we were both in the same class, Arylan and I never interacted, but even so I know that he is a honest and hardworking person."

 

"I.." - Arylan seemed to want to say something, but I gently shaked my head and continued.

 

"I remembered your lessons too professor, I never said but you are one of my role models."

"So I decided I to try to help Arylan, but just with my rank I was sure I couldn't stop them, but even so I couldn't let this continue." - I said with a righteous face.

 

"Hmm" - He acknowledged my point.

 

"Then I made a decision, one of us had to stop them, while the other called you professor."

"There was just a problem in this plan."

 

"?" - They seemed all confused at my words.

 

"I,I'm ashamed as a man to say that, amongst everyone here, even in the current state of Arylan, I'm the weakest" - I said as I put my glasses in my fuzzy eyes.

 

"Hah!"

 

 The professor and the others gasped, after all just now that it was mentioned, they perceived, Charles talked with a bit hesitation, but his eyes were always brimming with confidence. Just now they could see his appearance, the glasses had hidden the pale man dark red eyes, what was left was a man with a pale complexion, a messy hair and with a bit of dry blood in the mouth.

 

"Anyway I knew I wouldn't be fast enough to call you in time."

"The rest of the story you all know..."

 

"I understand Charles, with this I-" - Before the professor could finish Lorkan interrupted.

 

"Professor with due respect, I have to say all I wanted as I waited all this time."

'Huh, he sure is a respectful 'villain' waiting me talk and all the shit.'

 

"What if they are lying?" - Lorkan continued

"You can't just believe they like this, what proof they showed?"

 

"Lorkan"

 

"Professor you have to hear me"

 

"Lorkan"

 

"You can't believe all that people like th-"

 

"LORKAN." - The professor snapped at Lorkan, and realesed his powerful magic pressure again.

"IS THIS HOW YOU RESPECT YOUR ELDERS?"

 

"I,I"

 

"I'LL LET THIS PASS FOR NOW." - He then stopped exerting the magical pressure.

"As I was saying before, we'll have to settle this in the principal office."

 

"No! my father can't know abou-" - Lorkan seemed agitated.

 

"SILENCE."

 

"We will go to his office now."

 

"P-Please!" - I never had seen Lorkan with this expression in his face.

 

"SILENCE!"

 

 Well Lorkan is a piece of shit but, he and I have something to agree, I too don't want to go there now. There's no way I will go there right now, barely three hours have passed since I reached here, and I'm already feeling things I hate like, pain and hunger.

 

"Ah!" - As I wondered how I could get out of this situation, I perceived that Arylan legs had ben wobbling for a bit now, before he could fall I supported him.

 

"Are you okay?" - With a gentle smile I asked.

 

"Y-Yeah, Thank you."

 

"Professor." - I suddenly talked.

 

"Yes?"

 

"Well.."

"I fear to say that right now, both Arylan and I aren't in a condition to go anywhere, unless it is the infirmary." - As if to reaffirm this, I coughed a small amount of blood, that was stuck in my throat, in my handkerchief.

 

"Hah!" - The professor gasped at this.

"You are right" - He then nodded his head and said.

"Can you three go there alone?"

 

"Yes." - Curtly I agreed.

"Reinard."

 

"?"

 

"Help me here, I don't think I can hold him for long." - I said looking at my shaking hands.

 

"Yes young master!" - Reinard then started to help Arylan walk.

"Then we will be off professor!" - I said as I did short salute.

 

"Hmm."

"You three will come with me."

 

"B-But p-professor"

 

With just one look from the professor, Lorkan shut up, as he quietly followed the professor elderly back.

 

"Let's go."

 

 I then started to walk to the opposite direction, as I pondered on why, Lorkan did look scared and not angry. Just what could it be that he fear so much? There is more to him that what he show? perhaps because we thought of the same thing, as I looked at my back what I see'd was Lorkan eyes, we stared at each other for a while and then I looked at him and let out the nastiest smile I could in my face.

 

'Hehe! That's why you never mess with a professional actor you prick!'

4